Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2016, 10:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud22 View Post
Our defense is shaping up nicely.

Resign Ingram.
Get safety.
Get DB depth.
Get ILB depth/starter (what to do with Brown?).

Everything else is offense.
Start Brown or at least have him on the field on passing downs. He's priceless in coverage. I don't see a major problem at Ilb. OLB is a much bigger issue and if we lose Ingram it becomes a disaster. Agree with the rest.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
Start Brown or at least have him on the field on passing downs. He's priceless in coverage. I don't see a major problem at Ilb. OLB is a much bigger issue and if we lose Ingram it becomes a disaster. Agree with the rest.
Brown is great in coverage but the run support is lacking. Reuben Foster is a top 5 player that will fall below the top 5 pick being an ILB. We havent had a mean defense sinced the day of Steve Foley and Randall Godfrey. I like Perryman but he's also undersized. His level of play year 2 is also a bit baffling too.
1. Reuben Foster (get a top 5 player without a top 5 pick. Foster will be an absolute monster in the pros). Never enough LBs in the NFL and guys like#51 dont belong in the starting lineup.
2. OL
3. Brad Kaaya (time to look forward to a new era at QB)
4. Joe Mixon RB (talented back who'll drop for off field altercation 2 years ago).
Old 12-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
Brown is great in coverage but the run support is lacking. Reuben Foster is a top 5 player that will fall below the top 5 pick being an ILB. We havent had a mean defense sinced the day of Steve Foley and Randall Godfrey. I like Perryman but he's also undersized. His level of play year 2 is also a bit baffling too.
We have a much bigger issue at OLB. There is nobody behind Ingram. If you want the DL to better contain the run then we will need more pass rushing OLBs. It's a passing league. Outside of Ingram and Bosa we have no pass rush.

I don't see a big problem with stopping the run. If Mebane is healthy it's fine. We have done a pretty good job of stopping the run all year, with exceptions once Mebane went down.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:40 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
We have a much bigger issue at OLB. There is nobody behind Ingram. If you want the DL to better contain the run then we will need more pass rushing OLBs. It's a passing league. Outside of Ingram and Bosa we have no pass rush.

I don't see a big problem with stopping the run. If Mebane is healthy it's fine. We have done a pretty good job of stopping the run all year, with exceptions once Mebane went down.
IF we resign Ingram OLB is a secondary need. We could get a mid-tier FA or draft on day 3.

Now, if Ingram is gone, then yes, we're screwed.

Bosa/Ingram is more than enough for the frontline.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
IF we resign Ingram OLB is a secondary need. We could get a mid-tier FA or draft on day 3.

Now, if Ingram is gone, then yes, we're screwed.

Bosa/Ingram is more than enough for the frontline.
Sorry but we disagree here. Bosa did miss four games, but we finished 29th in sacks and I don't think QB hurries is too far behind.

The stats which is a good indicator of what happened show that we were weak against the pass, but top 10 against the run. Obviously there's more to it than just pass rush. We also had major problems with DBs. But we should try to fix stopping the pass before worrying about stopping the run, which was fine this year.

I don't think we're perfect stopping the run. But we do have a better crop of Ilbs than we do OLBs. Emanual makes for a nice backup, but he scares nobody rushing the passer. The backups are Williams and Landrum. That's all you need to know.

For ILb the trio of Perryman, Toomer and Brown would be the starters. Don't know what we'll do with Te'o and Perry didn't do much. So I'd say backup help is what we need at Ilb. But if Ingram goes down or we don't re-sign him we're what we called hosed.

Last edited by charger1_sj; 12-21-2016 at 12:35 PM..
Old 12-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Sorry but we disagree here. Bosa did miss four games, but we finished 29th in sacks and I don't think QB hurries is too far behind.

The stats which is a good indicator of what happened show that we were weak against the pass, but top 10 against the run. Obviously there's more to it than just pass rush. We also had major problems with DBs. But we should try to fix stopping the pass before worrying about stopping the run, which was fine this year.

I don't think we're perfect stopping the run. But we do have a better crop of Ilbs than we do OLBs. Emanual makes for a nice backup, but he scares nobody passing the rusher. The backups are Williams and Landrum. That's all you need to know.

For ILb the trio of Perryman, Toomer and Brown would be the starters. Don't know what we'll do with Te'o and Perry didn't do much. So I'd say backup help is what we need at Ilb. But if Ingram goes down or we don't re-sign him we're what we called hosed.
Huh, Number 51 is replacing Rivers now. That's new.

APPROVED !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Huh, Number 51 is replacing Rivers now. That's new.

APPROVED !
Fixed it. I'm shocked that you actually read my ramblings.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Fixed it. I'm shocked that you actually read my ramblings.
I don't miss much.

However, I seem to have misplaced my security application for the Chargers cheerleaders. I hear there is an opening and it looks like the perfect job for yours truly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Our defense is shaping up nicely.

Resign Ingram.
Get safety.
Get DB depth.
Get ILB depth/starter (what to do with Brown?).

Everything else is offense.
Our ILBs need protection.
We must deal with the Raiders offensive line.
Mebane (32yo) and Square (FA) are not enough.
His name is Qualls aka Mebane Jr.

So...

Resign Ingram.
Give Flowers a haircut.
Acquire a medium priced FA and draft a mid rounder at safety.
Trevor/Trovon =DB depth.

There is plenty of working capital remaining for Oline and WR.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 12-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Flowers of May

Congrats to Hayward for making the Pro Bowl!