Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2016, 10:49 PM
more mojo please

I just hope they hype up these qbs big time throughout the offseason
If we trade down, I want a small ransom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic View Post
QUOTE=909 Charger;4717417I get it, though. My ideal situation would be to trade down to 18-25 with this cluster in mind: Ramcyk, Robinson, McKinley, Lawson, Feeney. But it's not gonna happen.

So, to all you "trade downers", are there any other possibilities?
If this were to happen, I'd want Telesco fired. No one with Top 7 pick is dropping that far, even if the deal is a sweet one. The only exception would be if Buffalo gave us next years 1st and Marcel Darius. Outside of that it would be absurd and completely take us away from Blue Chip Talent. I like Ramcyk but not enough to miss out of Humphrey, Tabor, Peppers, Adams, McDowell, Allen.[/QUOTE]

A little rich on the Buffalo scenario, dontcha think?

If #1 overall can drop to #15, a drop from #7 to, say, #20/21 is possible. To make the swap we'd have to net a 2nd and 3rd this year and a 1st and 4th next year (at least). So you can't think of passing on your #7 blue chipper for just Ramcyk. It would be for Ramcyk (#20), Eddie Jackson (#52), and Nico Siragusa (#84). Or just fill in with your faves at the bottom of rounds two and three. AND you've got an extra 1st in 2018 that maybe you package to move up to get your QB.
3rd: Tarell Basham, EDGE, Ohio
4th: Nico Siragusa, OG, SDSU
5th: Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
6th: Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar
7th: Tim Patrick, WR, Utah
Old 12-30-2016, 01:08 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andocug View Post
The beauty of the NFL draft is that late December's perceptions do not equate with the reality of April / May. A year ago, Tunsil, Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith were all top 10 picks...all saw their draft stock plummet tremendously.

As for trade down partners, it'll obviously depend on free agency signings and final draft positions. One plausible scenario could be the Browns who have the Eagles 1st rounder. Right now that is the #10. The Browns have two 2nd rounders and one 3rd rounder that could be used as trade bait. If the Browns take Myles Garrett (the consensus best player in the draft) at #1, they could try to land a franchise QB with their other first rounder.

In summary, a trade down could be:
SD gets #10 and #48
CLE gets #7
I would be good with this. But if a QB they liked got to #7, CLE wouldn't have to trade up. They would be sitting pretty at #10 with Cincy and CAR no threats to take a QB.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:09 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Charger View Post
If this were to happen, I'd want Telesco fired. No one with Top 7 pick is dropping that far, even if the deal is a sweet one. The only exception would be if Buffalo gave us next years 1st and Marcel Darius. Outside of that it would be absurd and completely take us away from Blue Chip Talent. I like Ramcyk but not enough to miss out of Humphrey, Tabor, Peppers, Adams, McDowell, Allen.
A little rich on the Buffalo scenario, dontcha think?

If #1 overall can drop to #15, a drop from #7 to, say, #20/21 is possible. To make the swap we'd have to net a 2nd and 3rd this year and a 1st and 4th next year (at least). So you can't think of passing on your #7 blue chipper for just Ramcyk. It would be for Ramcyk (#20), Eddie Jackson (#52), and Nico Siragusa (#84). Or just fill in with your faves at the bottom of rounds two and three. AND you've got an extra 1st in 2018 that maybe you package to move up to get your QB.[/QUOTE]

Eddie Jackson is coming off a huge injury, and Alabama Defensive Backs don't fair well in the N.F.L (I have faith Humphrey is the outlier). I'm still not comfortably moving out #7 to the 20s. It's too big of a fall and while the trade is all and well it takes us away from a blue chip talent and that potential 1st round pick isn't worth much considering the team picking at the 20s are far closer to a playoff run the following year making our potential 1st in 2018 a low one.

Stay put pick the BPA and roll the dice on 2017 is what I want to hapen.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:31 AM
Hall of Famer

McShay grade on Tim Williams 90.

McShay grade on Ramczyk 88.

I really like both.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 12-30-2016, 02:09 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andocug View Post
The beauty of the NFL draft is that late December's perceptions do not equate with the reality of April / May. A year ago, Tunsil, Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith were all top 10 picks...all saw their draft stock plummet tremendously.

As for trade down partners, it'll obviously depend on free agency signings and final draft positions. One plausible scenario could be the Browns who have the Eagles 1st rounder. Right now that is the #10. The Browns have two 2nd rounders and one 3rd rounder that could be used as trade bait. If the Browns take Myles Garrett (the consensus best player in the draft) at #1, they could try to land a franchise QB with their other first rounder.

In summary, a trade down could be:
SD gets #10 and #48
CLE gets #7
Can we trade Rivers for 10 and 48?

7,10,39, and 51 sounds like a good way to jump start a rebuild.

7 Cam Robinson OT
10 Derek Barnett OLB
37 Budda Baker S
51 Dan Feeney OG
71 Raekwon McMillan MLB

Old 12-30-2016, 07:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daygoboy6191 View Post

7 Cam Robinson OT
10 Derek Barnett OLB
37 Budda Baker S
51 Dan Feeney OG
71 Raekwon McMillan MLB
Well since you traded our QB away and refused to draft one in the first 3 rounds are we rolling with Clemmons all year long?

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma
Old 12-30-2016, 09:33 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Charger View Post
I'm with you on Mahomes. I don't think he's a "clean" enough prospect to get into the top of round 1. And since he's a couple year project, it'll be a team with a vet he can sit behind. Steelers, Giants, Pats at the bottom of the 1st? Possible, if he totally nails his workouts. I think he's more than likely a 2nd rounder (Saints, Ravens?). Bummer, I really like him, but I don't want a QB before the 3rd.
I have no problem with your projection of him being a 2nd rounder at all and maybe early 3rd, I agree his interest level fits there right now but QB is an apple in each of the evaluator's eyes, and they might just fall in love with a player they can't pass on aka power of suggestion. And people love talents and he got it, but like you mention, he doesn't look clean so this one will be fun to keep track.

We judge these qb every year, you see player like teddy Bridgewater, aaron rodgers and older guys like Frave drop and the likes of tebow, paxton sky rocket. Last year I didn't like Paxton(has plates in his chest and 2 bad knee that imo hampered his throwing motion, plus simple system) like Dak (he did start relying on his arm instead of his feet and he shows he got accuracy too, something that people missed on because of miss st. Style of play) and Connor Cook (if he wasn't view among the league as this jock nobody likes he would've been draft higher), so it depends on the guy's who judging too and it is hard to judge teams intentions and views. Like Hackenberg to jets early???? They weren't suppose to be the one to take on the Hackenberg project imo. Note: hackenbery was one of the top tier prospect before his senior season, then drop to a 5-6th round prospect then got picked up early. Coocoo.

Yeah to chi in first probably best scenario for him and I see a trade evolving that scenario. But I think they pick Kizer if he is there. Pitt, NY and NE are playoff caliber teams and they would probably benefit more on drafting depth at other position at this point in the 1st round imo. But again who knows haha

Honestly depending on this year draft and combine, the Chargers probably better off picking a QB next year and we will be talking about the likes of wilton speight(if he can show that he can process the plays much much faster in that Michigan offense) and 2-3 other QB is a little ahead of him right now.

Last edited by c'monchargers; 12-30-2016 at 09:53 AM..
Old 12-30-2016, 11:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daygoboy6191 View Post

7 Cam Robinson OT
10 Derek Barnett OLB
37 Budda Baker S
51 Dan Feeney OG
71 Raekwon McMillan MLB
To Cleveland? Rivers points at his no-trade clause and says, "Golly gee, heck no!"
Old 12-30-2016, 11:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'monchargers View Post
I have no problem with your projection of him being a 2nd rounder at all and maybe early 3rd, I agree his interest level fits there right now but QB is an apple in each of the evaluator's eyes, and they might just fall in love with a player they can't pass on aka power of suggestion. And people love talents and he got it, but like you mention, he doesn't look clean so this one will be fun to keep track.

We judge these qb every year, you see player like teddy Bridgewater, aaron rodgers and older guys like Frave drop and the likes of tebow, paxton sky rocket. Last year I didn't like Paxton(has plates in his chest and 2 bad knee that imo hampered his throwing motion, plus simple system) like Dak (he did start relying on his arm instead of his feet and he shows he got accuracy too, something that people missed on because of miss st. Style of play) and Connor Cook (if he wasn't view among the league as this jock nobody likes he would've been draft higher), so it depends on the guy's who judging too and it is hard to judge teams intentions and views. Like Hackenberg to jets early???? They weren't suppose to be the one to take on the Hackenberg project imo. Note: hackenbery was one of the top tier prospect before his senior season, then drop to a 5-6th round prospect then got picked up early. Coocoo.

Yeah to chi in first probably best scenario for him and I see a trade evolving that scenario. But I think they pick Kizer if he is there. Pitt, NY and NE are playoff caliber teams and they would probably benefit more on drafting depth at other position at this point in the 1st round imo. But again who knows haha

Honestly depending on this year draft and combine, the Chargers probably better off picking a QB next year and we will be talking about the likes of wilton speight(if he can show that he can process the plays much much faster in that Michigan offense) and 2-3 other QB is a little ahead of him right now.
If Watson took a Bridgewater-like tumble, I'd be very tempted to pounce on him in the 2nd round.