Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2017, 07:52 PM
Veteran

Some interesting takes regarding the Chargers and the media.

I noticed that the 1090 site has removed "Chargers" from their banner across the top. Now they just have "NFL". However, the online UT still has "Chargers" in their banner in the sports section, along with "NFL".

The Bolts From The Blue website still has "SD" in their logo.

The OC Register main page shows LA Chargers, but when clicking on sports, they are the only pro team absent.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:37 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Some interesting takes regarding the Chargers and the media.

I noticed that the 1090 site has removed "Chargers" from their banner across the top. Now they just have "NFL". However, the online UT still has "Chargers" in their banner in the sports section, along with "NFL".

The Bolts From The Blue website still has "SD" in their logo.

The OC Register main page shows LA Chargers, but when clicking on sports, they are the only pro team absent.
1090 is digging their own grave. They will come to regret it come football season when they realize most of SD still wants to hear about Chargers stuff.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:56 AM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
1090 is digging their own grave. They will come to regret it come football season when they realize most of SD still wants to hear about Chargers stuff.
1090 will be fine, its the best place to get your updated information on how to vote in Mexico's elections, so they got that going for them...
Old 03-21-2017, 07:54 PM
Veteran

Sad image from the 1090 website.....Qualcomm Stadium stripped of its NFL banners and all Chargers signage and references.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:16 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Sad image from the 1090 website.....Qualcomm Stadium stripped of its NFL banners and all Chargers signage and references.

It looks like that after every game. It's all just temporary. It is weird to see though.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:47 AM
Veteran

Quote:
It looks like that after every game. It's all just temporary. It is weird to see though.
Looking at that photo, the stadium appears in excellent shape, virtually new. Hard to comprehend that structurally it is so deficient.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Looking at that photo, the stadium appears in excellent shape, virtually new. Hard to comprehend that structurally it is so deficient.
I always thought it was fine. I think the people who made the biggest issue with it is the club seats and media members. For the average fan, the Q was great. I don't need phone charging stations or fancy bars. I'm there for the game.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
I always thought it was fine. I think the people who made the biggest issue with it is the club seats and media members. For the average fan, the Q was great. I don't need phone charging stations or fancy bars. I'm there for the game.
The stadium was more than adequate for the hardcore football fans that are so consumed with every minute of the game, but it was awful for the less interested fans or non fans. Aside from tailgating there was nothing about the gameday experience that made you want to come back unless you really loved football.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:50 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I'm the same way; I attend a game for the game.

It is akin to going to a restaurant whose food is no better, or even worse, than your neighborhood diner, but the "atmosphere" is fancy. I'm not interested in having or paying for that. I care about having a good meal at a reasonable price, in a decent place.

I went to Qualcomm (then Jack Murphy) a couple of times in the 90's. Once for a Padres game, once a Chargers game. I thought the stadium was great-clean, modern, easy parking, nice area, etc. I realize that was some years ago now, but hearing some people describe it, it sounds like a dilapidated tenement.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:35 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Marty spends most of her time now pimping the Gulls, and MLS.

Soccer City, yo!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!