Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
I have no problem if media people or whoever are upset and expressing it. Why is that wrong?
It's not wrong. It's the lengths they are going to.

Marty brought up a deal between the Chargers and SDSU from 5 years ago, and harped on it for two days in a row.

Over a video screen.

It's that kind of stuff and the way they're presenting it, that irks me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 01-24-2017, 03:36 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post

Marty brought up a deal between the Chargers and SDSU from 5 years ago, and harped on it for two days in a row.

Over a video screen.

Me, too.

I don't know anyone who listens to 1090 anymore -- EVEN THE PEOPLE WHO BLAME SPANOS.

It's just tiring to hear 3-straight-hours of whining, moaning, lamentation, when it's a pre-set station because you want to hear about sports stuff.

Yesterday I gave it one last shot. After hearing Scott spend 20-minutes on how much profit one would make if they marketed Spanos toilet paper, I was irretrievably gone.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:01 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Me, too.

I don't know anyone who listens to 1090 anymore -- EVEN THE PEOPLE WHO BLAME SPANOS.

It's just tiring to hear 3-straight-hours of whining, moaning, lamentation, when it's a pre-set station because you want to hear about sports stuff.

Yesterday I gave it one last shot. After hearing Scott spend 20-minutes on how much profit one would make if they marketed Spanos toilet paper, I was irretrievably gone.
Quote:

Over a video screen.

But why are you consuming that stuff if you don't like it?

That's like me watching political channel _________ and then getting upset. I shouldn't watch it in the first place.

Clearly there's a demand for this stuff and what's equally clear is that there are a lot of upset former fans.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:

That's like me watching political channel _________ and then getting upset. I shouldn't watch it in the first place.

Clearly there's a demand for this stuff and what's equally clear is that there are a lot of upset former fans.
As to me -- I'm not. Like I said, I gave it one last shot yesterday to see if they had moved on, and nope.

I don't believe there's a demand. Probably was for a day or two -- but not anymore. I think they are completely shooting their station in the foot.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:09 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:

Did you listen to them on a regular basis before this happened? Darren Smith is the only respectable sports radio host in San Diego. I tweeted Marty Caswell asking her if come football season she will still guide the show in an anti-Chargers direction and no longer interview people regarding the Chargers season. Of course she denies guiding the show in any way.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:11 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Did you listen to them on a regular basis before this happened? Darren Smith is the only respectable sports radio host in San Diego. I tweeted Marty Caswell asking her if come football season she will still guide the show in an anti-Chargers direction and no longer interview people regarding the Chargers season. Of course she denies guiding the show in any way.
That's not my point. My point is that the vitriol, one would think, is quite natural.

I would be somewhat disappointed if SD stations continued to cover the Chargers. They're gone. Padres, Aztecs, MLS...but not the Bolts.

They're LA now.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:19 AM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
What's really a shame is to see how much energy they are all expending, trying to ram MLS down the throats of everyone in San Diego. "Great fit", "good for everyone", "perfect opportunity", "win/win for everyone".

Too bad they didn't do the same for Measure C, or a new stadium deal in general.
Local sports radio was not the issue. For the most part they were all doing the same thing for measure C. D Smith, Scott and BR, Loose Cannons, Hardwick and Richards....everyday it was vote for measure C vote for measure C, this is going to be so great for the city
Old 01-25-2017, 01:25 AM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
There worst part is they don't want to put it to a vote but rather a council vote. How come the Chargers stadium Faulconer said he wanted the mission Valley spot go to public vote even though they didn't have to? Pathetic.
It's because this MLS project does not involve any public money like the Chargers plan required. All that is required is the sale of the MV land. Cities sell parcels of land all the time without going to a public vote. Giving away land and dumping hundreds of millions into a project is a completely different scenario.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:10 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
It's because this MLS project does not involve any public money like the Chargers plan required. All that is required is the sale of the MV land. Cities sell parcels of land all the time without going to a public vote. Giving away land and dumping hundreds of millions into a project is a completely different scenario.
I'm hearing different on the radio
Old 01-26-2017, 08:11 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Well after, I think, 5 years I finally unfollow ed Marty Caswell. Again she tweeted how she wants the Raiders to move to SD and no matter what will root for the Raiders twice a year when they play the Bolts.