Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8892 View Post
I have.
Impossible.

It has been proven by Science! here on the CMB that nobody from OC has ever been to a Chargers game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Impossible.

It has been proven by Science! here on the CMB that nobody from OC has ever been to a Chargers game.
Does that make you guys test tube fans?
Old 02-02-2017, 07:23 AM
All-Pro

then sign me up for sport science lab!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Eventually when you've worked so hard and you have a will to win, you're gonna be a winner"
- Junior Seau

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War
Old 02-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseWins View Post
Does that make you guys test tube fans?
Yeah, well, remember those barricades that they set up on the 5 and the 15 on game days to keep OC fans out? They work both ways, buddy. So be careful.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I'm very bummed Marty Caswell has guided the Darren Smith show into burning bridges. It's naive of them to think there won't be Chargers fans left.
Sounds like they are having their own sort of "scorched earth" policy. You're right, there will be Chargers fans left, and some may come back, or become fans later. Plus, the Chargers do have a 56 year history in SD, with some great players that will always be San Diego Chargers.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Veteran

I also still stick to this- the Chargers are only tenants in Inglewood, and Spanos isn't a young man. He may take his now $2 billion plus franchise and cash out, or turn it over to the younger Spanos members. If a new owner, may want his own stadium.

I believe if a new NFL stadium somehow gets done in SD in the next 5-10 years or so, there is a possibility of them moving back.

So Marty and company should dial it down. I sense their extremism is due to them no longer having an NFL team to cover, not due to losing the Chargers per se. That would explain being welcoming to the Raiders-any port in a storm.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
That it is going to take money out of the general fund but will be a counsel vote rather than a public vote.

Darren Smith show
I haven't heard that anywhere. How much money is coming out of the general fund and what is it going towards? I think you might have misheard them.

According to multiple articles the stadium is fully funded by SDSU and the investment group, while the investment group will also redevelop the surrounding area which includes the cost of traffic improvements and the San Diego River Front Park.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandi...?client=safari

No money out of the general fund, they'll just be required to sell the land at a Major Major discount. The Mayor's task force valued the land and 3 mil per acre, which comes to 498 million. Technically nothing comes out of the GF so the majority of the public will be thrilled, but if past valuations are correct then it shows the city will actually be back dooring them hundreds of millions.

Last edited by Padres15; 02-07-2017 at 10:44 PM..
Old 02-07-2017, 11:18 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
I haven't heard that anywhere. How much money is coming out of the general fund and what is it going towards? I think you might have misheard them.

According to multiple articles the stadium is fully funded by SDSU and the investment group, while the investment group will also redevelop the surrounding area which includes the cost of traffic improvements and the San Diego River Front Park.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandi...?client=safari

No money out of the general fund, they'll just be required to sell the land at a Major Major discount. The Mayor's task force valued the land and 3 mil per acre, which comes to 498 million. Technically nothing comes out of the GF so the majority of the public will be thrilled, but if past valuations are correct then it shows the city will actually be back dooring them hundreds of millions.
I think youre right.

Your last sentence speaks volumes about the cities officials.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:35 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Sports Stations in LA:

570; 710; 830.

Need to start listening to figure out which one I like the best. 1090 and their hatred pisses me off. They are suppose to be a SPORTS radio station. Instead, they are a San Diego station. LOL at them thinking people are going to listen to UCSD, USD and aztec info. No way College has the draw Pro teams do.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Need to start listening to figure out which one I like the best. 1090 and their hatred pisses me off. They are suppose to be a SPORTS radio station. Instead, they are a San Diego station. LOL at them thinking people are going to listen to UCSD, USD and aztec info. No way College has the draw Pro teams do.
And there you probably have it-pro sports are more of a draw than college. Therefore, losing a pro team has some 1090 personalities quite perturbed.

Some of their listening audience will tune out, ratings drop, sponsors bail, the station gets into financial trouble, jobs may be lost.

Likely why the Raiders-to-San Diego rumor is getting traction and support from those quarters.