Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-06-2017, 11:31 AM
909 Charger's Avatar
909 Charger 909 Charger is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: La verne
Posts: 2,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
It's cool. That's it. Now if I can get you men going on linebackers also.

Also, one of my big points initially is that we have a bunch of jags up front, some of whom should be replaced by talented players to go with Bosa.
You agree with me that Bosa can play LEO? Some say no.

I like D.Tomlinson and (especially) Vanderdoes. But I think we're good inside. We have more pressing needs.

LBs, hmmmm, lemme think...
__________________
Final Mock/Wish-list
1st: Jamal Adams, S, LSU
2nd: Dion Dawkins, OL, Temple
3rd: Tarell Basham, EDGE, Ohio
4th: Nico Siragusa, OG, SDSU
5th: Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
6th: Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar
7th: Tim Patrick, WR, Utah
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Dha Dha is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,486
Default

there's only one player without the red flags and/or free falling on mocks (C Robinson and M Williams) and looks pretty solid to be a top 5 player yet available at #7 is Reuben Foster. It happens to be a position of need also. I think Adams is long gone at #7 and Hooker is now at the end of round 1.
__________________
1. Reuben Foster (get a top 5 player without a top 5 pick. Foster will be an absolute monster in the pros). Never enough LBs in the NFL and guys like#51 dont belong in the starting lineup.
2. OL
3. Brad Kaaya (time to look forward to a new era at QB)
4. Joe Mixon RB (talented back who'll drop for off field altercation 2 years ago).
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
So Seattle drafted Toomer with the intent of putting him on their depth chart at SAM.

Flash forward to 2016 & 2017.

What is your assessment of Korey's pass coverage as a Charger ?

Isn't that more significant and relevant to this discussion ?

Your proposed depth chart cannot play pass defense.

Also, we do not need 6 1Gap 3Techs, but we do need a 2Gap 3Tech.

The point of this thread is to show what a Gus defense might look like.

Your attempted thread hijacking is repelled.
IMO Toomer is the 2nd best pass cover LB we have (after Jatavis). Do you really think Joshua Perry can cover?

Yikes!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-06-2017, 12:00 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 18,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Charger View Post
You agree with me that Bosa can play LEO? Some say no.

I like D.Tomlinson and (especially) Vanderdoes. But I think we're good inside. We have more pressing needs.

LBs, hmmmm, lemme think...
Tom Pelissero on Twitter quoted TT from Mobile...

"Joey Bosa can certainly play LEO, but also base end 3-tech. Role up to new DC Gus Bradley."

We have different assessments of the talent level of Liuget, Square, Philon and Lissemore, and of the potential impact of Tomlinson or Vanderdoes.

The "other pressing needs" you refer to, at least on defense, are covered by drafting players will skills we don't have. Bosa, Jatavis, all of them become more effective.
__________________
Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
5.17.17
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46um View Post
One thing we can't forget is that Seattle's secondary was developed using mid-late round prospects meaning Gus can probably help develop our existing depth like Mager and McCoil along with mid-late prospects and FA pickups. I mean Sherman and Chancellor were 5th rounders themselves. I say let Gus work some magic in our LBs and secondary.

Our early picks should be used to acquire guys in the trenches to satisfy our new offensive and defensive systems respectively.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

1st Cam
2nd: LEO
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-06-2017, 12:01 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 18,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
IMO Toomer is the 2nd best pass cover LB we have (after Jatavis). Do you really think Joshua Perry can cover?

Yikes!
I have GamePass...
__________________
Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
5.17.17
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-06-2017, 12:07 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 18,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46um View Post
One thing we can't forget is that Seattle's secondary was developed using mid-late round prospects meaning Gus can probably help develop our existing depth like Mager and McCoil along with mid-late prospects and FA pickups. I mean Sherman and Chancellor were 5th rounders themselves. I say let Gus work some magic in our LBs and secondary.

Our early picks should be used to acquire guys in the trenches to satisfy our new offensive and defensive systems respectively.
Agreed. Already looking at late round SS to WILL converts.
As you can see, I am building defensive depth, mocking players with skills that differ from what we got.

Don't like McCoil. Barely like Mager.
__________________
Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
5.17.17
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-06-2017, 12:19 PM
I AMazing I's Avatar
I AMazing I I AMazing I is online now
LAme
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
not as a 4-3 SAM linebacker. Another thing, that word 'great' is used too much around here. He played better than anyone would expect coming from the trash heap, a good find. How many guys did that for us and disappoint every year after in the last 5 years?
As mentioned, I think Brown is our SAM due to his coverage abilities.

Separately, when I said Toomer played great I thought it was plainly implied that he played great (considering we brought him in off the street). He played very well for general standards... an above average starting quality player who is worth bringing back as a full time starter assuming he doesn't want an outrageous number.
__________________
2017 Live Mock

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-06-2017, 12:23 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 18,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
As mentioned, I think Brown is our SAM due to his coverage abilities.

Separately, when I said Toomer played great I thought it was plainly implied that he played great (considering we brought him in off the street). He played very well for general standards... an above average starting quality player who is worth bringing back as a full time starter assuming he doesn't want an outrageous number.
Too many apostrophes in your mock draft.
__________________
Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
5.17.17
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-06-2017, 12:44 PM
AK46um's Avatar
AK46um AK46um is offline
昇龍拳 Shōryūken
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Glendale
Posts: 8,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Tom Pelissero on Twitter quoted TT from Mobile...

"Joey Bosa can certainly play LEO, but also base end 3-tech. Role up to new DC Gus Bradley."

We have different assessments of the talent level of Liuget, Square, Philon and Lissemore, and of the potential impact of Tomlinson or Vanderdoes.

The "other pressing needs" you refer to, at least on defense, are covered by drafting players will skills we don't have. Bosa, Jatavis, all of them become more effective.
Wow when comparing combine measurables as well as NFL stats, the current lighter version of Melvin Ingram stacks up well to Cliff Avril and Bosa is actually better than Bennett. Interesting to see how Philon and Square develop under Gus.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.