Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2017, 04:22 PM
In Telesco I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Here's how it's done, chapin. Thanks Joe. Respect.
Like i said to the mod. It wasnt meant to be disrespectful. Just sad seeing a team I root for get so much hate. I understand it hurts to see them leave, but these are the same players we have been cheering on for years and it would be nice to still see some support.
There are people in SD that wont cheer to the chargers anymore because they arent in SD anymore, but decide to go cheer for another team that is in another state.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:24 PM
more mojo please

Cool story chapin
Ya I'm pumped, new chapter after a sad move, but we have a lot of talent and an unknown at HC, which is much more exciting than hoping we make playoffs inspite of our HC.

It's going to be a difficult challenge to for our guys to stay focused on football
With so much hate watching, but they will have my support strong as ever from SD

I'm voting NO on everything !!!
BOLTUP!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Yes.
I'm excited to see the Chargers play the 2017 season. I'll be excited to start getting more feedback from the coaches & TT about their observations, plans.
LA/SD issue aside, Chargers are my team and they're going to be different.
I suspect they'll be tighter top to bottom, players, coaches, staffers, execs wanting to make a new identity in LA.
I wish them all the best and will be cheering wildly every time I see a great Chargers play, let alone score TDs, "W's" and make the playoffs.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
[COLOR=Blue]Thanks, perry. I'm glad a mod weighed in on that comment, as I found it to be disrespectful and dismissive.
Thanks.

Quote:
I can understand and respect both those fans who can no longer support the Chargers, as well as those who will continue to support them.
I'm with you on this. If we flipped it, and it was a bitter SD fan telling him to get over it or get lost, I would have done the same thing. We can all have our say as long as we follow the rules. It's what sets this board apart from the other boards, imo.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin562 View Post
Like i said to the mod. It wasnt meant to be disrespectful. Just sad seeing a team I root for get so much hate. I understand it hurts to see them leave, but these are the same players we have been cheering on for years and it would be nice to still see some support.
There are people in SD that wont cheer to the chargers anymore because they arent in SD anymore, but decide to go cheer for another team that is in another state.
The old goats around here get kinda sensitive sometimes, don't they.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 02-12-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Well i never meant for anyone to take it the way you did.
Seriously? You don't see how someone would take offense to that?
Quote:
The point of that phrase is for all the people who just seem to hate ths Chargers for leaving and refuse to give them a chance. There are people on this board that are extremely negative towards our team and just mentioning the LA Chargers sets them off.
Then take it up specifically with those that do it in an appropriate thread and within the rules of the board.
Quote:
I also believe you missed the whole point to my post. If the team already has moved there is no point to stay on these boards if all they do is bad mouth the team that has already moved and is trying hard to make fans in LA and keep its fan base from SD as well. You cant be a die hard Chargers fan "for life" and then hate them players and team in general for a decision that they had absolutely no say in.
Nothing wrong with your point just how you presented it. Your comment, "get over it or get lost", was purposeless and inflamatory. Here's a link to the Forum Rules http://forums.chargers.com/showpost....73&postcount=1 . If you still have a problem, pm me or take it to the Feedback forum. This isn't the place for this type of discussion.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-12-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Fine. Well put. See the difference? Nothing inflammatory and you get your point across.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
The old goats around here get kinda sensitive sometimes, don't they.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Hall of Famer

I'm still laughing...

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 02-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
That's cool to run into someone completely unexpected!!
I feel like people in LA don't completely hate the Chargers here so there is hope for fans. The Grammy are tomorrow and i feel like they might do something to welcome the chargers here while would explain the players here in LA. Im sure if we start winning fast alowof people will support the team.
I live in LA and find that most people here do not have the same hatred for SD teams as SD fans tend to have for LA teams.

Winning is everything in LA. If they start off fast and strong I expect them to get a good following. It's interesting to think that 3 terrible teams exist in California right now (Rams, Chargers, Niners). All 3 have made major coaching changes in the offseason. This should get very interesting.