Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Chapin562's Avatar
Chapin562 Chapin562 is offline
In Telesco I trust
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Here's how it's done, chapin. Thanks Joe. Respect.
Like i said to the mod. It wasnt meant to be disrespectful. Just sad seeing a team I root for get so much hate. I understand it hurts to see them leave, but these are the same players we have been cheering on for years and it would be nice to still see some support.
There are people in SD that wont cheer to the chargers anymore because they arent in SD anymore, but decide to go cheer for another team that is in another state.
__________________
Go LA Chargers!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-12-2017, 04:24 PM
21and500's Avatar
21and500 21and500 is online now
more mojo please
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: san diego
Posts: 6,306
Default

Cool story chapin
Ya I'm pumped, new chapter after a sad move, but we have a lot of talent and an unknown at HC, which is much more exciting than hoping we make playoffs inspite of our HC.

It's going to be a difficult challenge to for our guys to stay focused on football
With so much hate watching, but they will have my support strong as ever from SD

I'm voting NO on everything !!!
BOLTUP!!!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-12-2017, 07:16 PM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 27,410
Default

Yes.
I'm excited to see the Chargers play the 2017 season. I'll be excited to start getting more feedback from the coaches & TT about their observations, plans.
LA/SD issue aside, Chargers are my team and they're going to be different.
I suspect they'll be tighter top to bottom, players, coaches, staffers, execs wanting to make a new identity in LA.
I wish them all the best and will be cheering wildly every time I see a great Chargers play, let alone score TDs, "W's" and make the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-12-2017, 07:20 PM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 18,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
[COLOR=Blue]Thanks, perry. I'm glad a mod weighed in on that comment, as I found it to be disrespectful and dismissive.
Thanks.

Quote:
I can understand and respect both those fans who can no longer support the Chargers, as well as those who will continue to support them.
I'm with you on this. If we flipped it, and it was a bitter SD fan telling him to get over it or get lost, I would have done the same thing. We can all have our say as long as we follow the rules. It's what sets this board apart from the other boards, imo.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-12-2017, 07:30 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 17,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin562 View Post
Like i said to the mod. It wasnt meant to be disrespectful. Just sad seeing a team I root for get so much hate. I understand it hurts to see them leave, but these are the same players we have been cheering on for years and it would be nice to still see some support.
There are people in SD that wont cheer to the chargers anymore because they arent in SD anymore, but decide to go cheer for another team that is in another state.
The old goats around here get kinda sensitive sometimes, don't they.

__________________
the Carson Blend 5.17.17

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-12-2017, 07:35 PM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 18,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin562 View Post
Well i never meant for anyone to take it the way you did.
Seriously? You don't see how someone would take offense to that?
Quote:
The point of that phrase is for all the people who just seem to hate ths Chargers for leaving and refuse to give them a chance. There are people on this board that are extremely negative towards our team and just mentioning the LA Chargers sets them off.
Then take it up specifically with those that do it in an appropriate thread and within the rules of the board.
Quote:
I also believe you missed the whole point to my post. If the team already has moved there is no point to stay on these boards if all they do is bad mouth the team that has already moved and is trying hard to make fans in LA and keep its fan base from SD as well. You cant be a die hard Chargers fan "for life" and then hate them players and team in general for a decision that they had absolutely no say in.
Nothing wrong with your point just how you presented it. Your comment, "get over it or get lost", was purposeless and inflamatory. Here's a link to the Forum Rules http://forums.chargers.com/showpost....73&postcount=1 . If you still have a problem, pm me or take it to the Feedback forum. This isn't the place for this type of discussion.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-12-2017, 07:38 PM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 18,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin562 View Post
Like i said to the mod. It wasnt meant to be disrespectful. Just sad seeing a team I root for get so much hate. I understand it hurts to see them leave, but these are the same players we have been cheering on for years and it would be nice to still see some support.
There are people in SD that wont cheer to the chargers anymore because they arent in SD anymore, but decide to go cheer for another team that is in another state.
Fine. Well put. See the difference? Nothing inflammatory and you get your point across.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-12-2017, 07:45 PM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 18,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
The old goats around here get kinda sensitive sometimes, don't they.

__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-12-2017, 07:59 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 17,823
Default

I'm still laughing...
__________________
the Carson Blend 5.17.17

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-12-2017, 08:31 PM
SD SneakKing SD SneakKing is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin562 View Post
That's cool to run into someone completely unexpected!!
I feel like people in LA don't completely hate the Chargers here so there is hope for fans. The Grammy are tomorrow and i feel like they might do something to welcome the chargers here while would explain the players here in LA. Im sure if we start winning fast alowof people will support the team.
I live in LA and find that most people here do not have the same hatred for SD teams as SD fans tend to have for LA teams.

Winning is everything in LA. If they start off fast and strong I expect them to get a good following. It's interesting to think that 3 terrible teams exist in California right now (Rams, Chargers, Niners). All 3 have made major coaching changes in the offseason. This should get very interesting.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:16 PM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.