Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2017, 04:19 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Default Discrepancy in QB rankings by analysts...

After watching Grudens QB training Camp I would put Patrick Mahommes II, Deshaun Watson and maybe Davis Webb before Trubisky... It's going to be really interesting on Draft day because we're really going to find out what the teams think. If Mahommes is still on the board at #7 that's the guy we should draft if thinking about taking a QB.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzubeck View Post
After watching Grudens QB training Camp I would put Patrick Mahommes II, Deshaun Watson and maybe Davis Webb before Trubisky... It's going to be really interesting on Draft day because we're really going to find out what the teams think. If Mahommes is still on the board at #7 that's the guy we should draft if thinking about taking a QB.
What about this?

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Nate-P...Draft-52378356
Old 04-22-2017, 07:23 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'monchargers View Post
I think its the mobility issue with peterman. The reason for the others was the intelligence factor plus mobility.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:46 AM
Veteran

If I have to guess, Peterman is also the qb that Bruce Arian thinks is pro ready, not trubisky like so many thought.

Last edited by c'monchargers; 04-23-2017 at 08:51 AM..
Old 04-23-2017, 05:04 AM
Veteran

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19209620

This video is a little, good break down on some of this year's qb prospect throwing motion. Notice whose not on there, Pat Mahomes which blow all of them out and peterman.

I like the bit where they show Kizer's foot striking. Not a lot of people catch that. And if he doesn't strike his foot, he leans a lot. You know foot striking is a health hazard for qb. Ask the early Tom Brady and Sam bradford.

Last edited by c'monchargers; 04-23-2017 at 08:51 AM..
Old 04-23-2017, 05:42 AM
Hall of Famer

The key with Peterman is decision making.

He reads defenses and goes to the correct read.

With decent receivers, ones who are refined, with good hands, and will win on contested passes, Nathan Peterman will flourish-and soon.

In the 2017 NFL Draft, it would not shock me to see SF take Peterman in round 2.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 04-23-2017, 06:48 AM
19 Fan

Quote:
I think its the mobility issue with peterman. The reason for the others was the intelligence factor plus mobility.

I like Dobbs in the 4th IF we take a QB. Mobility and intelligence by the bucket load. A very teachable prospect who can sit and watch with a clipboard in his hand for a year at least. And he would not be an expense at the cost of a high(er) draft pick.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

I justfinished watching the latest mock draft from nfl network and it looks like most of these qb's are going to go in the late first round with mahommes, trubisky, and watson in the twenties. Just a side note I noticed Cleveland taking
Garrett and Corey Davis...if that's the case this will be a very good draft...I wouldn't be surprised if they (Cleveland) do a trade to move into the bottom of the first to take a qb...It looks like we might have a shot at getting Adams at #7 too...Adams could be our defensive equivalent of a QB leader...
Old 04-24-2017, 11:02 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I think it's hard to get a real grade on these guys on QB Camp, as Gruden is not going to really criticize them or want to significantly hurt their draft stock. It is a great way to get to know the prospects though, and get a sense of their strengths and what they need to work on.

Has there ever been a QB that you could tell on the show Gruden thought wasn't going to make it? I feel like judging it based on who he compliments the least isn't a great way to do it.

I'm not criticizing Gruden, if they were tough on the QB's then a lot of them wouldn't do the show. As it stands basically all the major prospects go on.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:16 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
I justfinished watching the latest mock draft from nfl network and it looks like most of these qb's are going to go in the late first round with mahommes, trubisky, and watson in the twenties. Just a side note I noticed Cleveland taking
Garrett and Corey Davis...if that's the case this will be a very good draft...I wouldn't be surprised if they (Cleveland) do a trade to move into the bottom of the first to take a qb...It looks like we might have a shot at getting Adams at #7 too...Adams could be our defensive equivalent of a QB leader...
Hmm... You hear it all over the radio and TV... "This QB Draft is not that good"... "No QB this year deserves a first round grade"... I think Mayock, Kiper and a few other draft "gurus" said this around combine time and every radio/tv host jumped on board and started regurgitating the same take... claiming it as their own. But every year Teams that are w/o a stud QB overpay for the chance at getting it right. This year will be no different. Why... because you can't win this game w/o a good QB. Heck, you may as well not even show up if you have a bad one. Now... there will be a couple teams here and there that make the 1st round of the playoffs w/o a good signal caller [er... Texans]... but their defense and run-game can't get them victories in January.

In short, I would be shocked if a QB did not go by the time the Chargers pick... and I am pretty sure the 2nd QB selected won't make it past Cleveland.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.