Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2017, 05:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Hmm... You hear it all over the radio and TV... "This QB Draft is not that good"... "No QB this year deserves a first round grade"... I think Mayock, Kiper and a few other draft "gurus" said this around combine time and every radio/tv host jumped on board and started regurgitating the same take... claiming it as their own. But every year Teams that are w/o a stud QB overpay for the chance at getting it right. This year will be no different. Why... because you can't win this game w/o a good QB. Heck, you may as well not even show up if you have a bad one. Now... there will be a couple teams here and there that make the 1st round of the playoffs w/o a good signal caller [er... Texans]... but their defense and run-game can't get them victories in January.

In short, I would be shocked if a QB did not go by the time the Chargers pick... and I am pretty sure the 2nd QB selected won't make it past Cleveland.

Why you ask......you partly answered yourself, but the part you didn't state is the 'gurus' and 'pundits, as well as the all the GM's with their highly paid scouting apparatus, get it wrong on players every draft. Plenty of examples out there, but Brady is the classic one. Who knew.....

GO BOLTS !
Old 04-24-2017, 06:36 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Why you ask......you partly answered yourself, but the part you didn't state is the 'gurus' and 'pundits, as well as the all the GM's with their highly paid scouting apparatus, get it wrong on players every draft. Plenty of examples out there, but Brady is the classic one. Who knew.....
Not to mention that Dak Prescott and Russel Wilson picked in the third is making everyone look stupid except Fran Tarkington (as smaller Mobile QB's can get it done vs. Prototypes).
Old 04-25-2017, 08:12 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
My major point is that there will always be QBs taken in the 1st round because there is always a need for franchise QBs.... Teams will reach for them due to the premium of the position.

The "Gurus" and GM/Teams getting it wrong is just a given.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Costa Boy View Post
I like Dobbs in the 4th IF we take a QB. Mobility and intelligence by the bucket load. A very teachable prospect who can sit and watch with a clipboard in his hand for a year at least. And he would not be an expense at the cost of a high(er) draft pick.
Will he last to our pick in the 4th? Do the Chargers have him on their board?
Old 04-28-2017, 09:15 PM
Hall of Famer

I sure was wrong on Peterman.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:13 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
I sure was wrong on Peterman.
But that is what makes you ohhhhh so right about Peterman, Woody!! IF and only IF we are serious about taking a QB, I want Peterman. If we can get just 5 more players taken before we are up, then another perfect position scenario for getting a developmental and solid backup QB in the 4th round will come to pass!! (No pun intended.) We will see if the front office is serious about getting a QB from this very thin and underwhelming class. I would not mind Dobbs in the 5th. but I think Peterman has future starter potential written all over him!!
Old 04-30-2017, 10:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Fact is none of these QBs are day one starters or worthy of a first round pick....except maybe Mahommes so as usual, they got over drafted and why i didnt want one this year. I wouldnt trade picks to move up for any of them but next year i would.

The Bears got absolutely raped. Stupid move to trade up one spot for a QB the Niners werent going draft ahead of them and he may not be worth a crap in the end.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:38 AM
Rookie

I did not want a rookie QB this year in the late rounds. With the investment in the Oline and a stud WR, the team is saying that we are going all out with Rivers. Lets give Rivers two more years to focus on the offensive weapons and schemes on this team without having to also teach and coach-up a rookie. I know that sounds selfish, but i prefer an experienced backup for now.

2017 Game 1: Okung - Slauson - Pulley - Lamp - Barksdale
2017 Game 16: Okung - Slauson - Pulley - Feeney - Lamp
Old 04-30-2017, 11:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerTrader View Post
I did not want a rookie QB this year in the late rounds. With the investment in the Oline and a stud WR, the team is saying that we are going all out with Rivers. Lets give Rivers two more years to focus on the offensive weapons and schemes on this team without having to also teach and coach-up a rookie. I know that sounds selfish, but i prefer an experienced backup for now.
This sounds good.
I project Rivers to be in top form for three more years.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:18 PM
Misunderstood

Wood my son, Rivers will turn 36 this season in December...I could see him playing 2 more seasons, but 3 would be a bit much...

Bolts need his replacement in next season's draft....This I can guarantee...

So let it be written ...So let it be done.