Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 05-07-2017, 08:29 PM
JoeMcRugby's Avatar
JoeMcRugby JoeMcRugby is offline
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rossmoor
Posts: 49,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Sign Guy didn't show up with a posse... not sure why anyone would assume that he would.

We don't hate LA... we just prefer SD. When we take offense is when LA fans come down here and treat us like we're inferior. The best example is Dodgers fans... or Raiders fans.
I guess my 13 years on the CMB led me to that conclusion because everything has been decidedly anti-LA from Day 1, but it personally doesn't bother me at all because San Diegans join a large group nationwide with the same feelings.

Bottom line is Sign Guy is free to waste his and othe people's money on billboards if he so pleases. And he is obviously free to play watch the games in StubHub if he wants.

Where he will cross the line is if he should choose gameday to distract the paying audience from watching and enjoying the game. Hopefully he occupies the "high ground" and doesn't walk down that path.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 05-07-2017, 08:30 PM
JoeMcRugby's Avatar
JoeMcRugby JoeMcRugby is offline
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rossmoor
Posts: 49,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Or when somebody starts a thread with the word "Dummy". Tell me how that is not inflammatory...
You mean the SD County guy who wants to continue being a Chargers fan talking about a guy who has already disrupted a Chargers fan event? Yeah, Sign Guy occupies the "high ground".
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JoeMcRugby; 05-07-2017 at 09:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 05-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,888
Default

Don't know why booing or heckling Spanos would take-away from the game-day experience... we did it all the time at the games down here. Sign Guy is just saying/doing what every San Diegan would do... heckle a guy that took our home-town team away from our city... a team we've been with before Spanos ever thought of owning them. My first Chargers game was in 1976... years before John or AG were even born.

Don't know why the Spanos' wouldn't expect to pay some sort of price for treating loyal fans like trash...
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 05-07-2017, 09:04 PM
pacstud's Avatar
pacstud pacstud is offline
Moderator of the Trenches
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 19,970
Default

So I'm clear, if I want to continue to pull for the Chargers I can dislike Spanos as an owner, but I have to shut up about it?

And I have to mete out equal vitriol towards San Diegan politicians?

What is hilarious to me is knowing what will happen here every single game, when the coaches will be blithering morons who don't understand the game.

Yet right now it's all about getting on board?

No, something is rotten in Denmark. I see no reason why I can't remain perpetually upset at Spanos and what happened, regardless of whether or not I watch the team. My guess is I'll be able to support the coaching staff far more than so many of those lecturing me on my current habits.
__________________
I love these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 05-07-2017, 09:09 PM
JoeMcRugby's Avatar
JoeMcRugby JoeMcRugby is offline
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rossmoor
Posts: 49,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Don't know why booing or heckling Spanos would take-away from the game-day experience... we did it all the time at the games down here. Sign Guy is just saying/doing what every San Diegan would do... heckle a guy that took our home-town team away from our city... a team we've been with before Spanos ever thought of owning them. My first Chargers game was in 1976... years before John or AG were even born.

Don't know why the Spanos' wouldn't expect to pay some sort of price for treating loyal fans like trash...
Spanos isn't going to hear him. Those who have paid a lot of money to watch and cheer on the Chargers are the people he is going to be bothering if he chooses game day as the forum to vent his anger other than booing and jeering the Spanos' if / when they are announced at any point during the game (that's legitimate).

That ain't the high ground - that's the definition of being an inconsiderate jerk.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JoeMcRugby; 05-07-2017 at 09:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 05-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Spanos isn't going to hear him. Those who have paid a lot of money to watch and cheer on the Chargers are the people he is going to be bothering if he chooses game day as the forum to vent his anger other than booing and jeering the Spanos' if / when they are announced at any point during the game (that's legitimate).

That ain't the high ground - that's the definition of being an inconsiderate jerk.
I don't understand why LA fans would be the least bit insulted if/when Spanos gets booed... It's not directed at fans... it's not directed at the players... Help me understand how that ruins your day or your experience... it used to happen all the time down here... didn't ruin my time. I thought it was kind of fun... added to the atmosphere...
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 05-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
So I'm clear, if I want to continue to pull for the Chargers I can dislike Spanos as an owner, but I have to shut up about it?

And I have to mete out equal vitriol towards San Diegan politicians?

What is hilarious to me is knowing what will happen here every single game, when the coaches will be blithering morons who don't understand the game.

Yet right now it's all about getting on board?

No, something is rotten in Denmark. I see no reason why I can't remain perpetually upset at Spanos and what happened, regardless of whether or not I watch the team. My guess is I'll be able to support the coaching staff far more than so many of those lecturing me on my current habits.
You must pledge allegiance to the Spanos family at Gates A thru H before entering the premise.

10 Commandments will be posted throughout the soccer facility:

1. Thou shalt not yell any negative comments about the owners.
2. Thou shalt not yell insults at the coaching staff.
3. Thou shalt not question gametime strategy.
4. Thou shalt not question draft picks.
5. Thou shalt not brandish weapons or negative signs.
6. Thou shalt not honk while in traffic.
7. Thou shalt not drink any beverage other than club-sanctioned beverages.
8. Said beverages will be 10-times the price of regular beverages... no complaining.
9. Thou shalt pay 3 times the amount for tickets as other fans... again, no complaining.
10. Thou shalt wear a smile at all times... remember to have fun... damn-it!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 05-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,888
Default

And don't forget... "We're All In"...
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 05-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,888
Default

In 6 days, SD Sign Guy has raised half the money. His Go Fund Me page specifically says he has no animosity toward LA Chargers fans.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 05-07-2017, 11:20 PM
JoeMcRugby's Avatar
JoeMcRugby JoeMcRugby is offline
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rossmoor
Posts: 49,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
I don't understand why LA fans would be the least bit insulted if/when Spanos gets booed... It's not directed at fans... it's not directed at the players... Help me understand how that ruins your day or your experience... it used to happen all the time down here... didn't ruin my time. I thought it was kind of fun... added to the atmosphere...
Booing the Spanos family if / when they are announced at a game is fine. Nothing wrong with that if that is where it ends.

Screaming and yelling at them throughout the game, or hoisting signs throughout the game that blocks the view of the game is being an annoying jerk.

Judging by his behavior at the fan event, I have a feeling that Sign Guy isn't going to take the high road and limit his gameday protesting to booing and jeering ownership to only when the Spanos family is the very rare focus of attention on game day.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.