Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2017, 07:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
Don't take the bait Dha...
Of course not.
StrawMan argument.
I want my cookie now.

pac, what's gonna happen when the season starts ?
Basking in the Chargers failures ?
Commiserating over Chargers success ? (it might just happen!)

MIXED EMOTIONS FOR EVERYONE.

the woodeye diaspora has brought me to the point where I can feel it all. Up and down the Coast. Do you think I had fun up here when the 49ers beat the Chargers in the SuperBowl in '95 ? I actually hate them worse than the Raiders.

You have all just got to let go...
-for yourselves
-for the children
-for everyone.

Don't be the dude going on and on forever,
about how his wife/girlfriend left him.

Many of us get exactly where you are coming from.
The manly hugs were dispensed months ago.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 05-12-2017, 07:44 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
pac, what's gonna happen when the season starts ?
No clue.

I will keep my word, though. If I can't cheer for the Bolts, I'm done. I may watch, I may not, but I won't be a CMB hate parade.

I guess I'm in a holding pattern until the season starts. Watching some pre-season, I'll either feel it, or I won't.

If that makes sense.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
No clue.

I will keep my word, though. If I can't cheer for the Bolts, I'm done. I may watch, I may not, but I won't be a CMB hate parade.

I guess I'm in a holding pattern until the season starts. Watching some pre-season, I'll either feel it, or I won't.

If that makes sense.
Yes, it does make perfect sense...

Old 05-12-2017, 09:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryAW View Post
I became a Chargers and Padres fan when I came here in the Navy in 1970. Ultimately, I decided that Dean could take the team out of San Diego, but he couldn't take away my being a fan. I'm not that far away from being a Chargers fan for a half-century. Some here have been fans longer than I have. Can't replace that history. I suspect that by the time the season rolls around, a lot of the people who definitely planned to dump the Chargers are still fans.
That is exactly it. Once the Chargers start playing... those same fans who are bashing the move will tune in and watch. You can't just erase all the years you were loyal to the Chargers. And once we win it all, OH FOR SURE they'll be saying they never left.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolted View Post
That is exactly it. Once the Chargers start playing... those same fans who are bashing the move will tune in and watch. You can't just erase all the years you were loyal to the Chargers. And once we win it all, OH FOR SURE they'll be saying they never left.
This I'm not so sure about. It's actually a primary reason I'm so confused. I don't know that I personally will enjoy an LA Charger championship the same way I would a SAN DIEGO Charger championship.

Of course, I have no frame of reference beyond the San Diego Sockers, so who knows?

I know I pull for the Lakers and don't get too pumped or down either way, because it's LA. Just not the same, but don't know why.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSpirit View Post
Oh sorry I don't have 1300 posts like you. Maybe I should stop going to work and just stay on my phone and post on the internet all day...
Good one LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
This I'm not so sure about. It's actually a primary reason I'm so confused. I don't know that I personally will enjoy an LA Charger championship the same way I would a SAN DIEGO Charger championship.

Of course, I have no frame of reference beyond the San Diego Sockers, so who knows?

I know I pull for the Lakers and don't get too pumped or down either way, because it's LA. Just not the same, but don't know why.
I agree 1000%. Even though I'm from SJ, I would much rather have the Championship belong to SD than LA. I don't like LA nor it's fan base and teams, but a Championship to the Chargers is better than a Championship to any other team. Especially the Patriots or Raiders.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I agree 1000%. Even though I'm from SJ, I would much rather have the Championship belong to SD than LA. I don't like LA nor it's fan base and teams, but a Championship to the Chargers is better than a Championship to any other team. Especially the Patriots or Raiders.
This I can agree with.

The lesser of 32 evils, that's the conundrum. Can one really have fun pulling for a team because it's the team you dislike the least?

Meh.

Hopefully that's not the case, we'll see.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:56 AM
昇龍拳 Shōryūken

Quote:
The irony that the city of San Diego once held a team which eventually won the SB but they won it somewhere else. LA of all places. That would be really something. Knowing San Diego leadership's luck it may just break the Charger curse.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Former San Diego Rockets fan here...