Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2017, 11:56 AM
昇龍拳 Shōryūken

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Former San Diego Rockets fan here...

hmmm. lets see.

Rockets were in San Diego at one point. check

Drafted a Nigerian. check

Moved to a different city. check

Won back-to-back NBA titles in new city. check

I think we just stumbled unto something here Woody.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:50 AM
I am Jack's Wasted Life

Forget this I am trying to hear an ultimatum. Please someone give me a true definition of a real Chargers fan. I need clarity or closure. And maybe sig material.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:26 AM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Forget this I am trying to hear an ultimatum. Please someone give me a true definition of a real Chargers fan. I need clarity or closure. And maybe sig material.
Look in the mirror!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:10 AM
I am Jack's Wasted Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Look in the mirror!
So are you saying that only I can judge my fandom and nobody else reserves the right to judge my fandom? If so, I can live with that.

Maybe there should be a quiz that we could all take to see where we rank as a fan? Like a scale? Or is it just black or white?

Either way I will still watch and root for the Chargers. It's just that I am not able to drive north for the games and I am going to miss the experience of attending them. It was convenient when they were just down Mission Gorge.

After reading some of the other posts, I kind of wish I had moved away from San Diego or never lived here so that the move wasn't as much as a big deal to me. I mean if I didn't even attend games to begin with, what is there to miss?
Old 05-13-2017, 11:18 AM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSpirit View Post
Maybe I should stop going to work and just stay on my phone and post on the internet all day...
Well, duhhh . . . . . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Hall of Famer

No right or wrong answers. No judgements. Fans that make a clean break by rejecting the team is understandable.

Fans who choose to remain do so but realize it's different. The team was a big part of the community. Each dealing with the loss in their own way.

I'm still attached to the team...can't help it but I'm slowly trying to move on. Funny I use make the drive from Murrieta to catch the away games. Now that I don't have to I may choose not to watch on a Sunday or may tune in. I'm not as invested as I was before.

Some may say it's farfetched but I still think that the Chargers will return to San Diego. They just need the right opportunity and leadership to lure them back to where they belong.

Quote:
So are you saying that only I can judge my fandom and nobody else reserves the right to judge my fandom? If so, I can live with that.

Maybe there should be a quiz that we could all take to see where we rank as a fan? Like a scale? Or is it just black or white?

Either way I will still watch and root for the Chargers. It's just that I am not able to drive north for the games and I am going to miss the experience of attending them. It was convenient when they were just down Mission Gorge.

After reading some of the other posts, I kind of wish I had moved away from San Diego or never lived here so that the move wasn't as much as a big deal to me. I mean if I didn't even attend games to begin with, what is there to miss?

Last edited by ltinabottle; 05-14-2017 at 02:04 PM..
Old 05-13-2017, 01:38 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:

I see this narrative being pushed a lot insinuating that the people who aren't as hurt by the move weren't born and raised in SD.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:45 PM
I am Jack's Wasted Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Some may say it's farfetched but I still think that the Chargers will return to San Diego. They just need the right opportunity and leadership to lure them back to where they belong.
Here's to hoping!
Old 05-13-2017, 01:48 PM
I am Jack's Wasted Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I see this narrative being pushed a lot insinuating that the people who aren't as hurt by the move weren't born and raised in SD.

I can only go by what people have written and what I imagine how it would have effected me if I too were in there situations.

Nice cherry pick btw. Clearly I was talking about attending games.

Last edited by TylerDurden; 05-13-2017 at 01:56 PM..
Old 05-13-2017, 02:40 PM
Chargers Fan since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
This I'm not so sure about. It's actually a primary reason I'm so confused. I don't know that I personally will enjoy an LA Charger championship the same way I would a SAN DIEGO Charger championship.

Of course, I have no frame of reference beyond the San Diego Sockers, so who knows?

I know I pull for the Lakers and don't get too pumped or down either way, because it's LA. Just not the same, but don't know why.
The Sockers are my frame of reference, too. Had season tickets for quite a few years and championships. 7th row behind the Sockers' bench. Gave them up due to frequent migraines (same reason for the Chargers & Padres). Embarrassment of riches for the Sockers. Talk about stacked teams.

A San Diego Chargers' Championship would have been best, but we've been fans for so long, and they were here for so long, that I think it'll will be pretty exciting "when" they win one in LA - moreso than the Lakers because the Lakers were never here. That's just my opinion for what it's worth. Football is my favorite sport. I'm viewing the Chargers as representing Southern California and not just LA. They'll just be located in LA. If I owned the Chargers in the same situation, I'd be fighting for LA, San Diego, and Mexico.