Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 05-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Throw Back's Avatar
Throw Back Throw Back is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
This thread gives me a bad feeling about the San Diego fans who decide to go to a game at Stub Hub... So many possibilities for drama...
No drama from San Diego fans. Most of the unhappy San Diego fans will not drive up and attend the games at Stub Hub. Instead, they will do hate watching on TV in San Diego.

Need to be more concerned with Raider fans when the Chargers play them at stub hub.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 05-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
This thread gives me a bad feeling about the San Diego fans who decide to go to a game at Stub Hub... So many possibilities for drama...
I don't think it goes down like that at all. My guess is that everyone is there to cheer the team on... even Sign-Man. We're acting as if his desire to publicly humiliate Dean on a billboard outside the soccer stadium will automatically mean that he (or any other San Diegan at the soccer stadium) will be confrontational.

Last edited by chargertom; 05-06-2017 at 06:31 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 05-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Back View Post
No drama from San Diego fans. Most of the unhappy San Diego fans will not drive up and attend the games at Stub Hub. Instead, they will do hate watching on TV in San Diego.

Need to be more concerned with Raider fans when the Chargers play them at stub hub.

This ^^^^^. Chargers fans from LA should concentrate on not being thin-skinned fans and should focus on how they can be a factor (sound-wise) even in small numbers (less than 25,000).

We'll be home... watching... judging... possibly laughing at the fact that a game in a soccer stadium is.... well, kinda LAme.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05-06-2017, 01:46 AM
LTMvP61nizine's Avatar
LTMvP61nizine LTMvP61nizine is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Not sure I'm getting what you mean by that. Want to expand on it AF? Just like at Qualcomm, if someone comes into the stadium trashing the organization or team, they are bound to have someone get in their face. I'm sure you saw that every game at the Q like we did.

Keep in mind, all but around 1200 tickets sold out to former season ticket holders which I assume most are from SD county. Also, at the sold out draft party, I only saw two LA shirts. Majority were SD if it wasn't a jersey.
Chargers will always be SD team just in a different city. I still see people with Chargers gear in SD, so not all quit on them.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05-06-2017, 05:17 AM
AFboltfan's Avatar
AFboltfan AFboltfan is offline
Forever San Diego
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Balboa Park bench
Posts: 7,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Not sure I'm getting what you mean by that. Want to expand on it AF? Just like at Qualcomm, if someone comes into the stadium trashing the organization or team, they are bound to have someone get in their face. I'm sure you saw that every game at the Q like we did.

Keep in mind, all but around 1200 tickets sold out to former season ticket holders which I assume most are from SD county. Also, at the sold out draft party, I only saw two LA shirts. Majority were SD if it wasn't a jersey.
Yes. Just like in this thread, I can just predict some LA fans telling SD fans to stop crying or whining about losing the Chargers or how its "LA's team now"... You know the whole "true fan" title will be thrown around.

Its just a feeling or hunch... But it could get bad knowing how both sides can be. Keep in mind, we did not move states, we moved cities... 2 cities that don't like each other much regarding sports.

The Raider environment is a given... But I can see Charger fans going at it as well... Just a thought... Hope it doesn't happen.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-06-2017, 05:35 AM
Bolt4Life's Avatar
Bolt4Life Bolt4Life is offline
Release DJ Fluker!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 20,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Yes. Just like in this thread, I can just predict some LA fans telling SD fans to stop crying or whining about losing the Chargers or how its "LA's team now"... You know the whole "true fan" title will be thrown around.

Its just a feeling or hunch... But it could get bad knowing how both sides can be. Keep in mind, we did not move states, we moved cities... 2 cities that don't like each other much regarding sports.

The Raider environment is a given... But I can see Charger fans going at it as well... Just a thought... Hope it doesn't happen.
Maybe. I think a mass majority of people who want to dish out a couple hundred dollars for one ticket to go to the game wont spend much time on Deano. Although i cant stand Dean, when it was game time, I was too engrossed in the game to even think once about Spanos during the games. I think some posters hoping for, "Screw Spanos!" Chants are just having wishful thinking or they don't actually go to games often. I was hoping for that chant last season but it never arose. We all were about the game being played on the field.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-06-2017, 05:37 AM
Bolt4Life's Avatar
Bolt4Life Bolt4Life is offline
Release DJ Fluker!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 20,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
I don't think it goes down like that at all. My guess is that everyone is there to cheer the team on... even Sign-Man. We're acting as if his desire to publicly humiliate Dean on a billboard outside the soccer stadium will automatically mean that he (or any other San Diegan at the soccer stadium) will be confrontational.

There may be the occasional "!@#$% Dean" chant that starts up... but I don't see how that offends any Los Agelino. Especially when most of them agree that Dean is an obvious !@#$%...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
This ^^^^^. Chargers fans from LA should concentrate on not being thin-skinned fans and should focus on how they can be a factor (sound-wise) even in small numbers (less than 25,000).

We'll be home... watching... judging... possibly laughing at the fact that a game in a soccer stadium is.... well, kinda LAme.
The soccor stadium is going to be a fun two year experience. See you there!
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-06-2017, 06:30 AM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is online now
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 71,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
This ^^^^^. Chargers fans from LA should concentrate on not being thin-skinned fans and should focus on how they can be a factor (sound-wise) even in small numbers (less than 25,000).
So fans who decide to follow the team to LA should NOT be telling SD fans how to think, act, or feel.

But SD fans have no problem telling those same fans how to think, act and feel.

Sounds legit.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05-06-2017, 06:49 AM
AFboltfan's Avatar
AFboltfan AFboltfan is offline
Forever San Diego
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Balboa Park bench
Posts: 7,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
So fans who decide to follow the team to LA should NOT be telling SD fans how to think, act, or feel.

But SD fans have no problem telling those same fans how to think, act and feel.

Sounds legit.
Throw in some alcohol and there you go... Everyone behave yourselves at Stub Hub!

Don't literally "Fight for LA"

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Bolt4Life's Avatar
Bolt4Life Bolt4Life is offline
Release DJ Fluker!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 20,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Throw in some alcohol and there you go... Everyone behave yourselves at Stub Hub!

Don't literally "Fight for LA"

At the draft party, one of the two people I saw with LA shirts had one that was pretty rude. It said, "Straight Out Of San Diego" like the Straight out of Compton cover. He figured out pretty quickly that a vast majority of us there were from SD and I saw him trying to cover his shirt instead of walking around with his chest out.

I think when all Bolts fans are together at a game, there won't be bickering. In the end we are all there to root for a win, Rivers, etc. Tailgating may be a different thing though based on who starts talking regional crap first.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:36 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.