Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you want the Chargers to play in SD for 3 years before they move to LA?
Yes 16 48.48%
No 17 51.52%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2017, 06:07 PM
Veteran

So if its rains a lot next year too, the stadium will be delayed until 2021?
Old 05-18-2017, 06:58 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

This is excellent news. I get to finish out Rivers career with season tickets. Inglewood will be too expensive and too far for me.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
I guess there is still a lot of hate out there for the Spanos Family. I have moved on and will look forward to what I think will be a much better team. StubHub with 30K+ will be a heck of a lot better than that dump they call the Q. I have a lot of great memories there... but it was starting to become embarrassing. Place is falling apart. I think fans will be pleasantly surprised at how good the game experience is going to be at StubHub... provided there are enough Charger Fans to fill it... I mean, 90% of the seats at the Q seemed to be filled by opposing fans at many games... so maybe the odds will be better up North. Save the ire, we have all heard it for many months now.
Hmm...Even the Raiders game wasn't 90% opposing fans and I'm assuming that's the game you are referring to. None of the other games were anywhere close to Raiders 2016.
Speaking of the Raiders, most of their fans drive down from up north, LA and the IE. I find it hard to believe less of them will want to go to a game with such a better game experience and a shorter commute.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Rookie

Great news! Would rather see them at StubHub another year, anyway. Provided, that is, that they don't jack up season ticket prices too much.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
Would love if that happen. Serves the Spanos right for leaving haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:06 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
Not Likely.
They were delayed a couple months but pushed it back a year in case of further delays. This way they are not having to scramble for a stadium if it does get delayed further.
The risk of them having to get a "last minute" deal for another season at the Hub (or elsewhere) because of delays is just too great so secure the contract NOW as they have proven there CAN be a delay(s).
Old 05-18-2017, 10:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
Hmm...Even the Raiders game wasn't 90% opposing fans and I'm assuming that's the game you are referring to. None of the other games were anywhere close to Raiders 2016.
Speaking of the Raiders, most of their fans drive down from up north, LA and the IE. I find it hard to believe less of them will want to go to a game with such a better game experience and a shorter commute.
I agree. If the StubHub is such an awesome experience, I can't see how raider fans (or any other fan) wouldn't want to make the trip. It'll be easy to sell out every game but it's doubtful we'll see a huge homefield advantage, even if we start winning (though it won't be anywhere near 90% opposing fans). People will be paying top dollar off of scalpers just for this StubHub experience and it's doubtful they'll all be Charger fans. StubHub is a scalper's dream.

Last edited by Cyborglives; 05-18-2017 at 10:37 PM..
Old 05-19-2017, 06:12 AM
Forever San Diego

Just out of curiosity does anyone know the attendance numbers of the Q last season on its worst week?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:31 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

LA scheduled to host Super Bowl LV. The stadium has to be open and functioning for two years prior to the game.

The NFL will have to give them a waiver or move the Super Bowl to another host city.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 05-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Just out of curiosity does anyone know the attendance numbers of the Q last season on its worst week?
The home opener @ 52,165. Fans were over the season before it started.