Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2017, 04:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Jared Gaither may be available...
I don't like Gaither.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 05-19-2017, 04:16 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
I like Williams.
Farrow's OK though.
Oliver will probably get more carries than both of them.
So who makes the team?Oliver just resigned.Do they look to sign anybody?Defently could use depth here imo.

Last edited by boltsnfsu; 05-19-2017 at 04:27 PM..
Old 05-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Jared Gaither may be available...
How about two-ton Toniu Fonoti???

Following his stellar 2004 season, I remember going to a mandatory minicamp practice in June 2005 (open only to media, but I was invited to post about it on the message board thanks to joelbolt ) and will never forget the sight of Fonoti arriving near the end of practice in street clothes and talking to a very pleased Marty!! He looked like he had already put on a good portion of the 2 tons over the 5 months off after the Jets playoff loss.

It was later reported that Fonoti was late for the practice due to a "spider bite". Unfortunately, that foreshadowed the beginning of the end for Toniu.

Quote:
On the rise

Toniu Fonoti is an up-and-coming run blocker, but he has struggled with his weight and confounded San Diego officials with unexplained absences from the offseason program.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...gs-oline_x.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:30 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post

Following his stellar 2004 season, I remember going to a mandatory minicamp practice in June 2005 (open only to media, but I was invited to post about it on the message board thanks to joelbolt ) and will never forget the sight of Fonoti arriving near the end of practice in street clothes and talking to a very pleased Marty!! He looked like he had already put on a good portion of the 2 tons over the 5 months off after the Jets playoff loss.

It was later reported that Fonoti was late for the practice due to a "spider bite". Unfortunately, that foreshadowed the beginning of the end for Toniu.
I remember that draft.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post

This thread is quickly turning into the hit parade of Bolt has-beens...or "might have beens"...only a matter of time now before someone says the "L" word...
Old 05-20-2017, 02:24 PM
19 Fan

I'll take what we've got...thanks but no. Injured cast offs just do not excite me.......
Old 05-20-2017, 03:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0j0 View Post
It is too bad though because the potential to be a really good running back has always been there. We saw it from the 1st preseason game against the Cowboys back in 2010.
I remember that game and thinking we had found our next LT...such a shame he never fully reached his potential...as for him re-joining the Chargers, no thanks...too many injuries and fumbles.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:51 PM
more mojo please

I trust whoever Lynn trust
At least at running back
RM has shown redzone ability late in his eagles career
Inability as well
Why not?
The story is printable