Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2007, 11:53 AM
LB? No. Force of Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBoltFan
Who goes to theater to view historically acurate movies? it's not for Socials class. Next you're gonna tell us that Shrek was inaccurate, and Star Wars was too far fetched.
I totally agree with this. The makers even said that they took alot of creative liberties to make it a more exciting movie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of the Jammer Anti-Defamation League 23
Member of the OFFICIAL Mike Scifres Fan Club (thread)
Old 04-09-2007, 11:58 AM
<---------- the new #33

planet terror and death proof were both very well done if you have any appreciation for that style of movie making.

i'd say my favorite parts were when wray was handed the guns and anything cherry did from planet terror

and from death proof, kurt russel's delivery and his acting, just seemed really good

you can tell which one is the tarantino movie by the way the first group of girls talk back and forth in the car in death proof, it reminded me of any movie tarantino's ever made.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:07 PM
I BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_BlitzSchlag
300 was anything but magical!!!. Historically inaccurate and incorrect, to start with. Quite frankly, the History Channel and its low arse budget did a far more superior job of that story telling, than the 300. One thing that I will give 300 credit for, is the brilliant adaptation of the comic book, from which it came from.

You can not even compare QT and RR directing minds to that of the meek crew behind 300.
i know a lot about history my friend i didnt go to the movie theater to see a historical movie.. if i want history ill watch pearl harbor or flags of our fathers or even we were soliders of hamburger hill.. that's history.. i didnt like Grindhouse because it was far fetched i am entitled to my opinion.. if i didnt like it based on what i wanted so be it.. and QT and RR arent the best at directing anything.. i hate to tell you.. for an action flick like that i would have like to see something from Jerry Bruckheimer.. now that guy is an action guru.. QT and RR need to learn something from that guy.. Grindhouse was a horrible movie..

My Draft.. Draft BPA in each pick!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:09 PM
I BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeepercut2k
Did you stay for Deathproof? I guess it's an acquired taste. Ever see Pink Flamingos, Vanishing Point, El Topo, Cannibal Holocaust, Mondo Cane, or Ilsa? I grew up on watching this stuff and so I liked what they did with Grindhouse. It's still not nearly as fun or cool as any of these films but it's still a good show. It's nothing like sin city or 300, completely different and 10x's better. Be ready to have a ball for three hours!
NO i didnt stay for Death Proof.. i just left me and the wife just got up and left.. not even worth the money.. its like when i saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre the first time.. im like why??? but to each its own.. like you said its an acquired taste like drinking Miller lite and Guiness

Old 04-09-2007, 12:12 PM
TJ21

I disliked 300. It was drenched in high-style and surrealism, but it wasn't even good surrealism. I liked Sin City, but I'm not a big Frank Miller fan. I think 300 should've stayed a graphic novel.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 PM
I BELIEVE

and that is your opinion my friend.. did you like Gladiator?

Old 04-09-2007, 12:16 PM
<---------- the new #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCUFAN#5
i know a lot about history my friend i didnt go to the movie theater to see a historical movie.. if i want history ill watch pearl harbor or flags of our fathers or even we were soliders of hamburger hill.. that's history.. i didnt like Grindhouse because it was far fetched i am entitled to my opinion.. if i didnt like it based on what i wanted so be it.. and QT and RR arent the best at directing anything.. i hate to tell you.. for an action flick like that i would have like to see something from Jerry Bruckheimer.. now that guy is an action guru.. QT and RR need to learn something from that guy.. Grindhouse was a horrible movie..
that sums up the entire grindhouse genre

far fetched

i guess you had a problem with shaun of the dead too, right?

most movies are far fetched

Old 04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
TJ21

Quote:
and that is your opinion my friend.. did you like Gladiator?
Yeah Gladiator wasn't bad, a boring story was saved by excellent performances by Phoenix and Crowe.

And getting back to Grindhouse, it was supposed to be more comical and thrilling than dramatic and awe-inspiring. There were more laughs than screams in the theatre I was in. I didn't think it was a masterpiece or anything, but it was pretty damn intense.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:19 PM
<---------- the new #33

Quote:
NO i didnt stay for Death Proof.. i just left me and the wife just got up and left.. not even worth the money.. its like when i saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre the first time.. im like why??? but to each its own.. like you said its an acquired taste like drinking Miller lite and Guiness
wow you actually walked out? i guess it's not for the people who don't appreciate that old genre

Old 04-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I BELIEVE

im sorry i disappointed you father.. LOL i just didnt like it.. sorry