Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Chargers Fans, Where Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Angry Zeus

Lightbulb To all you Bolts fans outside of SD

Were you originally from San Diego? If not, what made you become a Chargers fan?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dr. Emmett Brown: Marty, I'm sorry. But the only power source capable of generating 1.21 gigawatts of electricity is a bolt of lightning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Never been a Guest

Im originally from San Diego. I went to Irvine for college & now I work in TV so I am stuck up north now

Old 12-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Born and raised in philly, and just as much of an EAGLES fan as well. Although right now isn't the best of times for the Birds.:-(

Anyway, it all happened back in the beginning of the 1994 season, when the Bolts started their winning streak. The media(Along with everyone else), kept saying that it was a fluke, and basically giving absolutely 0 respect to the CHARGERS. Well that kind of surprised me, and I started following them, wondering why this was. As the winning streak grew, so did the lack of respect, which in turn just pissed me off even more. So when the time came, and CHARGERS were on that goal line stand against Pittsburgh, and denied them a trip to the Super Bowl, I practrically jumped out of my skin. For me, it went way beyond going to the Super Bowl that year, and I still couldn't be more proud to say that I AM A SAN DIEGO SUPERCHARGER FAN!

Last edited by chargertom; 05-09-2009 at 06:26 PM..
Old 12-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Well since it is technically the closest team to where I live I was kind of pre-destined to become a Chargers fan. There are 2 other teams that are about the same distance (49ers and Raiders) but since I hate both of those teams it made the decision easier. I was a Green Bay Packers fan for quite a while, because my dad knew one of their ex offensive guards, and followed the Chargers hoping theyd be good someday, in 1994 I got a jolt from the bolt, and hvent really looked back since. Still like the Packers, but not near what my love is for the Chargers.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:51 PM
rudedog

Bolt

Born and raised in S bay sweetwater high grad. live in west Texas now.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:09 PM
derek

lived in santee, ca. now up in portland, or. bolts4life
Old 12-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Angry Zeus

Hey I like that. Good work!

Dr. Emmett Brown: Marty, I'm sorry. But the only power source capable of generating 1.21 gigawatts of electricity is a bolt of lightning.

Last edited by chargertom; 05-09-2009 at 06:26 PM..
Old 12-08-2005, 03:18 PM
BoltzFanInIraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog
Born and raised in S bay sweetwater high grad. live in west Texas now.
Sweetwater class of 97 here. What class you graduated?
Old 12-08-2005, 03:21 PM
BoltzFanInIraq

Originally born and raised in San Diego. Lived in southside San Diego, and joined the Marines, in which my travels took me all over the world.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:53 PM
SDHotwheels

Lived in San Diego for 12 years watch the chargers any chance I get unfortunately in New Mexico we only get the Broncos and Cowboys a lot. Luckily a buddy of mine has NFL Ticket on Direct TV.