Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2007, 02:38 AM
FanSince1979

I wish there was more merging of threads. I take a day or two off, and there are 6+ pages of threads, mostly on the same subjects, to sift through.

Too many people hit the New Thread button the way others hit the Reply button.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Ahoy Ser Davos!

Thread stickied.

A good way to the see if a topic has been posted recently is hitting New Posts.

I always go there first. If everybody did this, then we wouldn't have posters complaining about threads being moved out of General Discussion.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

One thing I'd like to mention is that reading through several hundred posts, deleting or editing them, pm'ing people warnings, doing infractions (which are a lot of "paperwork", having to scan for trolls and ban them, and all the merging and moving of threads is a lot of work. And we don't do it because we are bored. We do it because we enjoy helping everyone have a good time on the forums, and because it needs to be done if we are to continue to enjoy these forums. How many teams nowadays don't even have a fan forum because it was left up to the posters to run things?

The forum is divided up into sections, so that people can go to an area and find threads on topics they are interested in. The Playoffs, Around The NFL, Off Topic, etc.

Why do people start a thread about Michael Vick in General Discussion? Or run smack there?

We do our best to keep hot topics on the main page. But sometimes there are 15 threads about the same hot topic. And as was mentioned, that means that 15 other threads are now on page 2, or 3.

Sometimes there isn't a redirect, showing that the thread has been merged or moved. If you can't find a thread you posted in, just click on your username, and check out your posts. Click on one in the thread you are interested in, and you will be taken there.

I know the mods here would love to spend their time reading and posting replies to the many topics on these forums. We all love the Chargers and football in general as much as you all do. But I can't tell you how many times I have not gotten in a single reply when being here because there was so much other stuff that needed doing.

So don't think that because your post gets moved or merged, that you are being singled out or that the mods have something against you. And we certainly aren't trying to censor anyone, or stifle your opinions.

What we are trying to do is maintain a flowing forum, where topics are easy to find and readily discussed by the fans of this team.

Unfortunately, sometimes for that to happen there are going to be things done around here that you personally might not like. During those occasions, try to think about all the things that go on around here that you DO like.

Thanks! And Go Chargers!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Khan

Thanks Tom....and trust me, I know the work you go through. I Admin the Iron Maiden fan club forum with over 75,000 members...and we use this same software....and we get all the same complaints.

What I have, is not a complaint but a question. I looked over the rules and different forums as a new member here, and it seemed totally appropriate for me to introduce myself in the Introduction thread in the general section, and I saw nothing tha said I could not share a couple of wallpapers I made, while making my inroduction. Since then, I notice that my post was made into it's own thread in the "feedback" section, and the thread was called 50th Anniversary Wallpapers. The feedback section looked to me to be for us to give feedback on what goes on....rather than getting feedback on our artwork. I'm an artist, and I notice that a lot of forums try and push artwork into sub forums that, frankly, most people just don't go to that often.

So....first....sorry if I posted in the wrong forum...but I was definitely trying not to do that. Second....would it be against the rules to post my Chargers related artwork in the general section? I saw no rules against it...but it seems that if I do, it would likely get moved anyway.

Thanks again.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
ArgersChayFan

I have complained in the past (once that I remember) about posts getting merged. What irks me is that I will have read the posts in the different threads, and then be presented with them as new posts (using View First Unread,) and have to wade through pages and pages of posts to get to the truly unread posts.

I believe the only time I posted a complaint about it was when I was reading a game-day thread. I was a little behind in reading current posts and trying desperately to catch up, but with the overwhelming desire of not missing any of the game. All of a sudden, there were I don't know how many pages of unread posts and it was obvious that it was due to a merge.

Do what you will, but I would hope you could hold off on merging into the game-day thread until after the game is over. My suggestion would be to close the thread with a post explaining that there is already an official game day thread to which the new thread's post should have been posted. And then clean up after the game.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Formerly GoTomlinson

Default Why do the mods move my Reputation Request thread?

I suggested that we start a reputation based message boards like many other sophisticated football forums, but I suppose it gets moved for being a duplicate thread. However, these duplicate threads never get moved which have persisted for years:

-LT has lost a step
-I hate Norv Turners Smirk
-Fire AJ/Praise AJ
-Vincent Jackson is not progressing fast enough
-Rivers was a bad choice
-Move Jammer to safety
-blah blah blah

Oh mighty message board gods please condemn me to my place for I have sinned upon this bandwith!

Old 10-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Letsgobolts

I agree, I don't understand it either. Your thread wasn't even bad
Old 10-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Dead for your pleasure.

Well, if they moved that one, let's see how long this one is around....

Old 10-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Formerly GoTomlinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead bolt View Post
Well, if they moved that one, let's see how long this one is around....
Affirmative, sir. Statistics have shown that a 'desensitize curve' does in fact exist, and if the topic comes up frequently enough, thy mods shall ignore.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Jubilation T. Cornpone

Start a poll in off topic and see if it stays there. If it gets moved to feedback very few will see it. But if it is a poll maybe they will leave it in off topic. Be sure to explain the system you are talking about as I don't think many know anything about it. If you start the poll in GD, it will probably get moved to feedback.