Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2016, 03:16 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Darn, I thought this was the show some respect to a lady whom passed away and was an icon for a time - not the who can show the most skin pics and whine thread...
Old 12-29-2016, 03:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBoltsFan View Post
Darn, I thought this was the show some respect to a lady whom passed away and was an icon for a time - not the who can show the most skin pics and whine thread...
You're kidding, right? The picture posted by the OP was FROM the movie that made her famous.

This has nothing to do with the picture. It has to do with the fact that zero moderation was required on the original post. It was far from disrespectful to Carrie Fisher, her career or her memory. It's classic CMB micromanagement.

If only there were people in the Chargers organization who held such high standards when it came to the business and football operations.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:13 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibolt View Post
You're kidding, right?
No, I'm not - and you seem to completely miss the point being made as a result of your vision being obscured by relatively insignificant minutia Kiwi.

I didn't see the original pic. Doesn't really matter what it was.

My point was you've decided to take a thread that was started to show respect to someone whom has passed away and possibly even discuss her contribution(s) in a positive light and turn it into your rail against the machine, knowing that if you had an issue with moderation, there is a thread dedicated for such discussions...

Of course, I'm sure if the person was your wife, you would react the same way given the same conditions and not contemplate that the person of your initial ire might have been trying to keep it respectful and be fine with someone posting a pic pandering to ones baser instincts.

BTW - in 5 minutes or so the entire discussion will be moved to the appropriate place. Feel free to complain about that too.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Learn to THINK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Silly..... if you and CT don't understand after all the years and hundreds (if not thousands) of complaints about over moderation, then I don't know what to tell you.

The changing of the picture was insignificant.... but insignificant things add up, don't they? The picture was changed, even though it broke no forum rules and even though the banner at the top of the forum has a link for the Chargers girls that has FAR more skin on display.

It was completely unnecessary moderation. If the picture selected originally didn't break any rules, WHY was it changed?

Feel free to move all of this to the moderation thread. I could care less. Infract me, ban me.... whatever. I'll just be another poster who has been a member for 13+ years who doesn't come around anymore. This forum mirrors the team. Steady decline and questionable decisions by those responsible for making said decisions.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:31 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Kiwi, if you don't understand that there is an appropriate time and place for everything and see nothing wrong with your choices in that regard, I don't know what to tell you either.

As I stated, my comments have nothing to do with the choice in regards to the pic...
Old 12-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBoltsFan View Post
Kiwi, if you don't understand that there is an appropriate time and place for everything and see nothing wrong with your choices in that regard, I don't know what to tell you either.

As I stated, my comments have nothing to do with the choice in regards to the pic...
My choices? What choice did I make, other than pointing out what I thought was a classic example of overmoderation? There was nothing- zero, zip, nada- about the original picture that was against the forum rules.

Even the quoted response above is classic CMB moderation. It's made from the crystal palace of moderation moral superiority. Any opinion that isn't in line with those that have been espoused by the moderation staff shall be ignored, dismissed or in certain instances downright mocked.

It's gotten pretty ****ing smokey (it's OK- the word censor did it's job... as ALLOWED by the original forum rules) at the CMB, but there are no fires, right?

Old 12-29-2016, 05:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Please re-post the original deleted pic so that perryao and I can make an appropriate ruling
Old 12-29-2016, 07:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Please re-post the original deleted pic so that perryao and I can make an appropriate ruling
Why bother.....in another couple weeks the San Diego Chargers will cease to exist, right along with the CMB. Welcome to rebranding, Spanos style....

GO BOLTS !
Old 12-29-2016, 08:47 PM
Hall of Famer

The Emus. The LA Emus. That's the name Eye was looking for. So much better than Wasps. Emus nest, you know...

How about LA Alpacas?
So much better tha LA Llamas.