Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Boo first. Think later.

Request to create a "CHARGERS GEAR and JERSEYS" section.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=54740

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau
Old 03-06-2008, 11:08 AM
WE ARE ALL INjured

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper300zx View Post
Request to create a "CHARGERS GEAR and JERSEYS" section.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=54740
Isn't a jersey considered Charger Gear

personally I think a Charger Gear area should be on this forum instead of the "Friars" section, which should remain in off-topic section

Old 03-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Boo first. Think later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWDOGG View Post
Isn't a jersey considered Charger Gear

personally I think a Charger Gear area should be on this forum instead of the "Friars" section, which should remain in off-topic section
Yeah, a jersey is Chargers gear, but the word JERSEY sticks out more, would "search" better, and the majority of Chargers "gear" discussion would be about jerseys. So, I think "Chargers Gear and Jerseys", or "Chargers Jerseys and Other Gear" or something like that would be most fitting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau
Old 08-26-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNSuperChargers View Post
A few questions:

1) Why was my thread renamed? Orginally "PR FanBoys Come Eat Your Crow" and changed to "MNSuperCharger's QB gripe thread".

2) A thread was created as a counter to mine, "River Haters, Come and Eat your Crow!!" and the title was never changed. It was also never closed.

3) Why was my thread recently closed? I choose to ignore some guy calling me names and was providing facts to back up my opinions.

Lastly, I assume the MOD that changed my thread title also changed another thread title "HoopDream's Rivers bashing extravaganza". By doing that, you might as well put a huge target on the guy's chest.

If we aren't allowed to "call out" other members, why are MODs allowed to call out members by using their names in titles?

Apparently, a MOD or some MODs can't hide there true feeling and govern threads they disagree with, with an iron fist. However, they turn a blind eye to the ones they agree with. Not cool.
Great post. I thought the MODS job was to patrol the forum and to make sure everyone had a fair chance to express their opinions, not to try to sway others opinions. I especially thought their job was to keep people from being targeted and attacked personally, but rather their opinions and statements should be attacked or dissected. It seems to be a blatant misuse of power. But, you know what they say. Power corrupts even the small amount that goes along with being to do whatever you want within a forum including retitling people's threads to reduce their credibility and ensure a massive negative response from other forum members.

It seems to me that McRugby has violated his own forum rules. Why should we be forced to follow these rules with risk of being banned while our moderators can post whatever they feel like?

Last edited by hoopdreams; 08-26-2008 at 08:02 PM..
Old 08-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Hoops - wasn't your original title something like "The Official Philip Rivers Sucks Thread"?

So what you are saying is you see no problem titling a thread saying the team's starting QB sucks and having your name plainly shown as the thread starter - yet you have a problem with someone titling it "Hoop's Rivers Bashing"?

One, as you put it, "calls out" the teams starting QB and says he sucks.. the other states what the thread was about (and in no way is an attack on you)...

Now if it had said something like "The Official Hoops Sucks thread", that would be a different story - but then it would be just like the original title too, right?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Formerly GoTomlinson

A less moderated smack forum would be nice.

I guess that is more of a suggestion than an issue.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:09 PM
SanDiegosOnFire

I think we need to revisit the discussion on censoring the word "Leaf".
Old 08-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBoltsFan View Post
Hoops - wasn't your original title something like "The Official Philip Rivers Sucks Thread"?

So what you are saying is you see no problem titling a thread saying the team's starting QB sucks and having your name plainly shown as the thread starter - yet you have a problem with someone titling it "Hoop's Rivers Bashing"?

One, as you put it, "calls out" the teams starting QB and says he sucks.. the other states what the thread was about (and in no way is an attack on you)...

Now if it had said something like "The Official Hoops Sucks thread", that would be a different story - but then it would be just like the original title too, right?
Maybe it could really have just been added to a previous thread someone had started who was negative about Rivers [not that I have that kind of negativity about him anyway]. But the renaming of it does seem equally silly and childish as someone calling the original thread 'official'. The thread starter's name is always below the thread title anyway.

I think when moderators alter a title, a poll or whatever it should be clearly indicated to everyone they have altered it, instead of making it look like it's all from the original poster.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:59 PM

Default Dear Mods:

The overzealous moving and merging of threads is totally unnecessary. It makes it no fun for me to contribute to the forum when my threads get moved to some obscure area or worse merged with another thread thats barely related. Whats the purpose of forming a cogent post to start off a new thread if its just going to be moved or merged until no one can recognize the authors original point?

C'mon mods, you can do better! I suggest that if a thread is getting a lot of action, leave it in the general area for awhile, even if it doesn't "belong" there. Often times I have seen threads started that are relevant to whats happening this week, but they get moved to "around the NFL" presumably for the crickets to discuss, since that section gets little action relatively speaking.

If you're really so concerned with the number of different threads floating around, and want to condense them together so bad, how about we just have one big thread and you can merge every new thread into that thread. We can call it the "mega-amalgamated bolts n everything else thread mix" That will solve all your problems.

sincerely,

LB
Old 09-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Bolts Super Fan

Talking

Lord of the Bling has spoken!