Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Cool Open Letter to the Chargers

Dear Bolts Management,

Please at least pretend you aren't so warm and welcoming to opposing fans.

When we played the Jets in the 2009 playoffs you guys booked a Jets fan who was on American Idol to play at the Budweiser Power Party along with the National Anthem I believe. It was rediculous seeing her in Jets green in pre-game. Then you guys played the song about New York by Jay-Z over and over during the game. The song goes something like, "New York, where dreams are made true."

There were other times you guys had me scratching my head in confusion as if you were catering to opposing fans.

Here in 2013 you had the "Lone Star" band playing when we played....the lone star state Houston Texans. You not only tortured us with them before the game but also during half time as they sang country music. The Texans red lighting which went on their stage a couple times was a nice touch.

I would love to ask you guys not to have a rodeo at half time or some crud like that vs the Cowboys. Please don't have some guy run out of the tunnel with a Chargers flag on horseback. Please don't dress our cheerleaders up in country outfits. Please don't play Tim McGraw all game. I wouldn't put any of the above past you guys.

It seems like the people working in the front office go out of their way to make opposing fans feel at home. I've been to other stadiums and they don't try to do that for opposing fans. The Charger fans continually surprise me by vastly outnumbering opposing fans even when we aren't doing hot, but we know there will be a lot of "diehard" bandwagon Cowboy fans at our stadium. They travel really well. We will still outnumber them, but how about doing your fanbase a favor and stop catering to opposing fans.

Also, please ask your announcer to pay attention and not announce, "Welcome to Qualcomm Stadium, home of your AFC West San Diego Chargers!" As the opposing team is running out of the tunnel. Usually they start running out before the PA announcer starts. Do we cheer or boo?

We know your football operations side needs work, but you hire a whole separate group of employees to deal with the non-football players/team side of things like ticket sales and stadium events.

From a long time season ticket holder.

-B4L

TLDR:

Stop catering to opposing fans.

Last edited by Bolt4Life; 09-24-2013 at 08:39 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 08:52 PM
4th and Hooters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Old 09-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Rookie

Bringon Tebow
Old 09-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Last edited by Bolt4Life; 09-11-2014 at 07:45 AM..
Old 09-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
This thread isn't about ticket inquiries or about having season tickets. Should I delete the part about me being a ticket holder so it can go back? Thanks for killing it by moving it to that section, mods.
I didn't move it, but would you prefer the "So You Think you're funny" section.

Runs........
Old 09-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Hall of Famer

not to kill your buzz. I hear your words and see your point. However, if it were up to chargers fans the stadium would never sell out, and we'd never see a single game on TV. Look how many games were blacked out within the last 2 years.

I cannot blame for the organization to welcome and lure in the opposing fans. They are buying tickets. It's a business after all.

That said, make another open letter to chargers fans telling them to grab their seats and fill up the stadium.

Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
not to kill your buzz. I hear your words and see your point. However, if it were up to chargers fans the stadium would never sell out, and we'd never see a single game on TV. Look how many games were blacked out within the last 2 years.

I cannot blame for the organization to welcome and lure in the opposing fans. They are buying tickets. It's a business after all.

That said, make another open letter to chargers fans telling them to grab their seats and fill up the stadium.

Cheers
I'm with the OP. Think about cause and effect. He's saying that it's bad enough to have the many transplants who move to SoCal come to our stadium in support of other teams. But that it's worse that our own front office goes out of its way to make it an environment that caters to them. This doesn't happen in other places.

The main point: If you are worried about attendance, then his argument will help, not hurt, attendance: a) Those transplants and/or traveling fans will come anyway, if you're terribly worried about the attendance of opposing fans; 2) the alienation of our own fan base by catering to the oppositions' fans is likely to decrease attendance of our own fans. He's giving you a concrete example.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:51 AM
Moderator of Insanity

I didn't move it either, nor do I know where it was before being moved - but here or the Feedback forum is where it would be appropriate...
Old 09-25-2013, 03:08 AM
Power of 51

I agree with the OP, and it's a good post. Home field should mean something special for the team and its fans. I even agree with Donkver fans that got mad when they had a huge poster/ banner of Eli hanging from their stadium week 1. It's ridiculous.