Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I agree with the OP, and it's a good post. Home field should mean something special for the team and its fans. I even agree with Donkver fans that got mad when they had a huge poster/ banner of Eli hanging from their stadium week 1. It's ridiculous.
it was flacco, maybe Spanos can put up one of Eli though with a handwritten apology for drafting him when the Giants come to town.

-Mario Lopez
Old 09-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
I'm with the OP. Think about cause and effect. He's saying that it's bad enough to have the many transplants who move to SoCal come to our stadium in support of other teams. But that it's worse that our own front office goes out of its way to make it an environment that caters to them. This doesn't happen in other places.

The main point: If you are worried about attendance, then his argument will help, not hurt, attendance: a) Those transplants and/or traveling fans will come anyway, if you're terribly worried about the attendance of opposing fans; 2) the alienation of our own fan base by catering to the oppositions' fans is likely to decrease attendance of our own fans. He's giving you a concrete example.
Thanks for saving me the time
Old 09-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Los Angeles Chargers

I'm running this letter up the flagpole - One thing I will say, I've never heard or seen a plan to cater to opposing fans. Never, ever.

DM your contact information and I will have someone from our customer service group call to discuss further.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Dear Bolts Management,

Please at least pretend you aren't so warm and welcoming to opposing fans.

When we played the Jets in the 2009 playoffs you guys booked a Jets fan who was on American Idol to play at the Budweiser Power Party along with the National Anthem I believe. It was rediculous seeing her in Jets green in pre-game. Then you guys played the song about New York by Jay-Z over and over during the game. The song goes something like, "New York, where dreams are made true."

There were other times you guys had me scratching my head in confusion as if you were catering to opposing fans.

Here in 2013 you had the "Lone Star" band playing when we played....the lone star state Houston Texans. You not only tortured us with them before the game but also during half time as they sang country music. The Texans red lighting which went on their stage a couple times was a nice touch.

I would love to ask you guys not to have a rodeo at half time or some crud like that vs the Cowboys. Please don't have some guy run out of the tunnel with a Chargers flag on horseback. Please don't dress our cheerleaders up in country outfits. Please don't play Tim McGraw all game. I wouldn't put any of the above past you guys.

It seems like the people working in the front office go out of their way to make opposing fans feel at home. I've been to other stadiums and they don't try to do that for opposing fans. The Charger fans continually surprise me by vastly outnumbering opposing fans even when we aren't doing hot, but we know there will be a lot of "diehard" bandwagon Cowboy fans at our stadium. They travel really well. We will still outnumber them, but how about doing your fanbase a favor and stop catering to opposing fans.

Also, please ask your announcer to pay attention and not announce, "Welcome to Qualcomm Stadium, home of your AFC West San Diego Chargers!" As the opposing team is running out of the tunnel. Usually they start running out before the PA announcer starts. Do we cheer or boo?

We know your football operations side needs work, but you hire a whole separate group of employees to deal with the non-football players/team side of things like ticket sales and stadium events.

From a long time season ticket holder.

-B4L

TLDR:

Stop catering to opposing fans.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Learn to THINK

^^^ Props, Joel, for considering the point and moving it up the chain to be considered ^^^.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelbolt View Post
I'm running this letter up the flagpole - One thing I will say, I've never heard or seen a plan to cater to opposing fans. Never, ever.

DM your contact information and I will have someone from our customer service group call to discuss further.

Thanks for the feedback.
Now this is exciting! I didn't expect it. I'll PM you
Old 09-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Veteran

I always hated the visiting team being introduced and than what seemed like 2 secs into booing the visiting team you would hear "Your AFC West Chargers".

Than you had the Lone Star band during the Texans game. Really???

After visiting other stadiums I can tell how far behind in home field advantage we really are.

Like fans screaming during offensive presnap.

Other stadiums will not show any replays that might be questionable on the jumbotrons. Giving the coaches the responsibility to the ppl in the box instead of just looking up and watching it.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Veteran

In Pittsburgh when they a huge boost from the fans for the defense they play Renegade from Styx
They show defensive highlights from the past and get the team/fans hyped.

I went to the SD @ Pitt playoff game and witnessed this first hand. As a fan you had to love the energy it brings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8jZ...e_gdata_player
Old 09-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
I'm with the OP. Think about cause and effect. He's saying that it's bad enough to have the many transplants who move to SoCal come to our stadium in support of other teams. But that it's worse that our own front office goes out of its way to make it an environment that caters to them. This doesn't happen in other places.

The main point: If you are worried about attendance, then his argument will help, not hurt, attendance: a) Those transplants and/or traveling fans will come anyway, if you're terribly worried about the attendance of opposing fans; 2) the alienation of our own fan base by catering to the oppositions' fans is likely to decrease attendance of our own fans. He's giving you a concrete example.
the only flaw in your logic is you equate welcoming opposing fans to alienating your own. they're just attracting anyone to buy tickets. again, it's a business.

but all im saying is if our fans sold out the stadium then his argument would be much more valid imho.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Veteran

Use Pod's song Boom. They are OUR local big band. Put highlights of #55 and Merriman hitting ppl, plus other big hits and int's.
Play it before a 4th and 29 or any other big defensive stand. Get everyone going and maybe we stop somebody for once.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
the only flaw in your logic is you equate welcoming opposing fans to alienating your own. they're just attracting anyone to buy tickets. again, it's a business.

but all im saying is if our fans sold out the stadium then his argument would be much more valid imho.
There is zero flaw with that logic.

We have a fan -- a real live fan -- saying that he feels alienated by that type of thing.

I don't know if there are 5, or 500, or 5,000, or 10,000 others who share that belief.

But it is not a logical flaw.

On the other side of the coin, do you think "traveling fans" go to opposing stadiums because they expect the powers-that-be from the home team to provide them with warm fuzzies?

If so, I would make greater efforts to go to Philly, NY, Denver, and Oakland games on the road.