Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mromberg View Post
Imagine how on fire this thread would be if people were truly excited about the Chargers in LA. As it is we've got a handful of peeps chiming in. With the announced pricing it's going to be difficult to fill the place. In the end though, the game day gate is only a fraction of the NFL revenue stream and wont be felt hard in the Spanos pocketbook. Sigh......
not sure how on fire it would be right now, those prices could probably cool off the excitement pretty fast.

a family of four on the sideline > $1,000 for a game. pre-food.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:00 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
I've heard the season ticket holders for Giants/Jets games voice the same complaint. Shelling out regular game price dollars for an exhibition game. It's partly how the NFL manages to gouge its fanbases.

Imagine the outrage if MLB charged the same prices for their spring training games as the regular season. The main reason they cannot even attempt it is due to the fact the games are in Florida and Arizona, not the home markets.
Not to mention that they have 81 regular season home games as compared to 8.

Alas, it is SOP for all 32 NFL franchises.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:01 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
not sure how on fire it would be right now, those prices could probably cool off the excitement pretty fast.

a family of four on the sideline > $1,000 for a game. pre-food.
The family of four will be grazing with us goats ... er, mods.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Veteran

Does anyone have a time other than Thursday at 1. Just paranoid that everyone got the same time since someone else said they had the same time as well.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:08 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
The family of four will be grazing with us goats ... er, mods.
"Fight For LA"
Old 02-17-2017, 12:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Great post!
Post is spot on.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Rookie

Can someone post a pic from $700 bleacher seats if they go on a tour. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-17-2017, 10:17 AM
Season Tickets Since 1978

Default Season Tickets

We've had season tickets since 1978, with as high as 24 seats and over the last few years we've had 14 as a business account. Has anyone else heard anything as to what they are doing in regard to higher business seat totals than the standard 4? The email says business accounts are "established"... not sure what that means. I would expect it to be as before, especially with 39 years of faithful Chargers support!
Old 02-17-2017, 11:47 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Not to mention that they have 81 regular season home games as compared to 8.

Alas, it is SOP for all 32 NFL franchises.
Considering that 81 games fact, MLB is much more cost effective than the NFL. If desired, the cheapest NY Yankees ticket is $11 for the bleachers, so one could attend all the home games for about $900. Even taking better seats, with a median price of $53 (most seats range between $11-$95), it would cost $4,293 for all 81. Really not that bad these days.

For those who purchase full season tickets, the extra 17 ST games probably wouldn't make a dent in their budget.

If the exhibition games were actually played (will never happen, granted) in the home markets, I'm sure MLB would have higher prices, and compel season ticket holders to ante up for those.

But as it is, I know the Yankees sell out all their ST games, and they get a decent buck for tickets in Tampa.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChargerPower View Post
We've had season tickets since 1978, with as high as 24 seats and over the last few years we've had 14 as a business account. Has anyone else heard anything as to what they are doing in regard to higher business seat totals than the standard 4? The email says business accounts are "established"... not sure what that means. I would expect it to be as before, especially with 39 years of faithful Chargers support!
i just have regular season tix, i did not know that business accounts existed. i would suggest calling the chargers if you have not done so already. my guess is that you are not going to find someone on the board for that specific an issue. best of luck.