Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Sweetwater river: remember when it used to flood over 2nd ave? The asian locals would hunt for crawfish in that area. They called it lobster.
The most prevalent wildlife now on 4 legs in San Diego is shunks I think. We used to get coyote, shunks, owls, snakes, and Hawks all the time in my back yard in Paradise hills when I lived there. Lived right up against a canyon.
Definitely recall the flooding over Second Avenue. Of course, with the South Bay Freeway, they channelized the Sweetwater River, so that it kind of looks like the L.A. River, with a concrete bottom.

Admission (now that the Statute of Limitations has long run out): As a kid, I noted the survey sticks they were putting down to align the planned road. I would deliberately relocate the sticks from time to time. I'm sure I held them up at least a couple of months.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:35 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Disliker View Post
Admission (now that the Statute of Limitations has long run out): As a kid, I noted the survey sticks they were putting down to align the planned road. I would deliberately relocate the sticks from time to time. I'm sure I held them up at least a couple of months.

If I never kill another coyote (which I will, no question), I've already killed more than my share.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 10-20-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
I heard when he tried to pour ketchup on his eggs and missed that he got up and yelled at the waitress.

Yeah, I agree with others. When a man is eating with his family, leave him alone. You can say hi and give a head nod but that should be about it.
I generally agree, but in my defense, I felt that I did it at an appropriate moment. They had finished their food, the kids were playing around the table, and Rivers was just checking his phone. And again, I made things brief. Just a handshake and a brief conversation which lasted probably a minute at most. I think I was not out of line in this particular case
Old 10-21-2016, 09:28 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers2Gates49 View Post
I generally agree, but in my defense, I felt that I did it at an appropriate moment. They had finished their food, the kids were playing around the table, and Rivers was just checking his phone. And again, I made things brief. Just a handshake and a brief conversation which lasted probably a minute at most. I think I was not out of line in this particular case
You know what? It's still a free country! If he didn't want to talk to you, I'm sure he would have told you.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:30 AM
Hall of Famer

I thought several years back that somebody on here said that Philip lived in the Santaluz Club. Is that considered Poway? (This question is from North Carolina in the Charlotte area.)
Old 10-28-2016, 08:50 AM
波動拳 Hadōken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Disliker View Post
As a lad (I was never too "wee", always big) I went fishing at Otay Lakes. Now Eastlake, part of greater Chula Vista. For that matter, there used to be occasional waterfowl, such as ducks, on the Sweetwater River, between Chula Vista and National City. Of course, progress and urban development have wiped out most traces of wildlife in San Diego County, save for the remote parts of East County.

Oh, also a shout out to the burrowing owls who used to dig caves in the dirt cliff across the street from my house in Chula Vista. They're gone, in favor of some commercial buildings...
My grandfather told me a story of when he purchased a home in the middle of nowhere. Today that home is on Charger Blvd just right off the 805.