Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
I think the way weddle is "helping" the ravens is pretty subjective
Given the controversy and polarizing nature of the weddle saga, it's
Undertable that there is a huge discrepancy in fan reaction

Imo bringing in your bbf from San Diego looks like the latest in a pattern of behavior that suggests to me your focus is still on the Chargers
If I was a raven veteran, I'm wondering/asking weddle if he's here to be the best safety he can be? Or is he here to make his ex girlfriend jealous

I think that's a fair question at this point
There is no denying Weddle had a great year last year so whatever his focus is/was it's helping him and the Ravens. His recruitment of Woodhead had to have the blessing of the Ravens or they wouldn't have signed him. And Weddle helped recruit Tony Jefferson of the Arizona Cardinals. If his focus was solely on the Chargers I doubt he would do that.

I'm thinking the Ravens appreciate Weddle's work ethic, his attitude, and his willingness to help the team get free agents they want.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-15-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I'm assuming you're talking about requesting a year extension from the nfl?
If so, I just think that show the nfl was putting on days before the deadline where they were all but assuring spanos that the raiders were moving to vegas, was kind of the absolute final writing in the wall
Which read, your not getting more money from the nfl and you'll be in the same position this time next year praying for a miracle

I don't agree with the move, I wouldn't have moved myself, but after dads been threatening to turn the car around for so many years, it's understandable how dad might just do it.
My response was specifically aimed at the post I responded to within the context of it and the one it responded to.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Kroenke, and more importantly the Chargers, could've waited until LV/Raiders was resolved... or wasn't.
Not with the deadline the Chargers had. They used their 1 year extension, and there was no indication that the Chargers would've received another year extension by the league. In my opinion, this forced Dean's hand to make the move.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:16 PM
more mojo please

Quote:
My response was specifically aimed at the post I responded to within the context of it and the one it responded to.
Ya i get it.
But within the context you suggested "the Chargers could have waited..."
However there was a deadline to make the decision, and the Raiders going or not going to Vegas wasn't resolved, so I'm just trying to clarify what you meant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Ya i get it.
But within the context you suggested "the Chargers could have waited..."
However there was a deadline to make the decision, and the Raiders going or not going to Vegas wasn't resolved, so I'm just trying to clarify what you meant.
Within the context of the posts...

OP- Kroenke- Help Spanos stay in SD.
Response to OP- MD would've exercised his option to take a spot in Inglewood.
My response to response- NFL could've extended deadline until LV deal done.

The deadline could've been extended until the Raiders/LV deal was completed. Then Kroenke could've tried to keep Spanos in SD without fear of Mark Davis "swooping" in to LA.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggie View Post
Not with the deadline the Chargers had. They used their 1 year extension, and there was no indication that the Chargers would've received another year extension by the league. In my opinion, this forced Dean's hand to make the move.
The NFL could've done an extension if their goal was to keep Spanos in SD.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Within the context of the posts...

OP- Kroenke- Help Spanos stay in SD. Might have
Response to OP- MD would've swept in. I just don't see it
My response to response- NFL could've extended deadline until LV deal done. Not much chance

The deadline could've been extended until the Raiders/LV deal was completed. Then Kroenke could've tried to keep Spanos in SD without fear of Mark Davis "swooping" in to LA.
The NFL wanted finality in team location (stability), at least as much as they could achieve, and seem to have it. The NFL also knows how bad those stadiums are, and certainly understands the positions of each owner in this.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-16-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
The NFL wanted finality in team location (stability), at least as much as they could achieve, and seem to have it. The NFL also knows how bad those stadiums are, and certainly understands the positions of each owner in this.
Those are all debatable of course. Not saying different. The bolded isn't really relevant because all owners would end up with new stadiums.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Those are all debatable of course. Not saying different. The bolded isn't really relevant because all owners would end up with new stadiums.
Knowing a stadium situation is bad, and having empathy for the owner is a far cry from putting up the money for a new house. The NFL recognizes the poor stadiums in both OAK and SD, but are only willing to go so far. The 'public' financing approach seems to be dead, and the Kroenke deep pockets are far and few.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-16-2017, 10:07 AM
more mojo please

Quote:
The NFL could've done an extension if their goal was to keep Spanos in SD.
I think they were looking forward to extending the deadline to have Spanos searching another year looking for public financing and figured they could "assure" the raiders to vegas was a done deal.
thereby assuring Dean has no worries about getting a stadium done in SD without the leverage of LA
but as much as the NFL can "assure" Dean of this, unless the Radiers' move was resolved before the 2018 deadline, Dean isn't promised anything, and the raiders could have easily jumped to LA.

as much as I like ot blame Spanos, if I were him, that would probably be the worst case scenario...
being 2018, Raiders and Rams in LA and im still hangling with SD politicians for financing.

the new hot shot investors are quickly learning that Deans struggles with the city are very real, and thats WITH their own money haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.