Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what is on my mind
Are my arms long enough??? 2 6.06%
Telesco. Put me in at Safety 2 6.06%
I'm still waiting for my Chill Pills from Ticketmaster 1 3.03%
When are we getting new smiley emoticons??? 7 21.21%
The good 'ol days is on my mind 8 24.24%
Bacon is better than Ham 6 18.18%
Free trips to Cabo 4 12.12%
Im doing the ice bucket challenge 0 0%
What is PFF's grade for this thread??? 3 9.09%
I'm still thinking about TPVG. 5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2017, 07:26 AM
@TeeOhEmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
LOL. Sounds like a pity party.
This is what they do after they realize they lost?
was actually a pretty cool event...12,000 people, wasn't much Chargers bashing which is what I expected to see a lot of. Announced that the Padres will fill the Blood Drive void that the Chargers left. Great time of the year to fill a sports void before every thing starts ramping up. Said they will probably turn it into an annual thing.

My Free Agent Fan Update:

Early in the process, but so far my best offer is from the Miami Dolphins.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt Cola View Post
was actually a pretty cool event...12,000 people, wasn't much Chargers bashing which is what I expected to see a lot of.
So do you see legitimate interest in people switching to following the Gulls instead of the Chargers?

It just seemed like an attempt to keep San Diego media talking heads relevant now that the Chargers have moved to another market.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-13-2017, 12:07 PM
@TeeOhEmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
So do you see legitimate interest in people switching to following the Gulls instead of the Chargers?

It just seemed like an attempt to keep San Diego media talking heads relevant now that the Chargers have moved to another market.
I think the Gulls will definitely get more people interested, and i think the Padres will benefit a lot more because the Chargers are gone, but I don't think they serve as a replacement.

It wasnt put together by the radio stations, The Padres and Sycuan seemed to be the brains behind the whole thing

Old 02-13-2017, 02:25 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
I think the Gulls will definitely get more people interested, and i think the Padres will benefit a lot more because the Chargers are gone, but I don't think they serve as a replacement.

It wasnt put together by the radio stations, The Padres and Sycuan seemed to be the brains behind the whole thing
Hmm.. conspiracy theory..." The Padres were behind the no on C all along to eliminate competition for air time and to generate a larger fan base."

The radio station has played along right into their greedy little hands.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:02 AM
<<< LA's finest football

Quote:

My Free Agent Fan Update:

Early in the process, but so far my best offer is from the Miami Dolphins.
Did they point out that you will be able to claim that you were a fan, before they (finally) replaced Dan Marino ?

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 02-14-2017, 09:44 AM
@TeeOhEmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper31 View Post
Did they point out that you will be able to claim that you were a fan, before they (finally) replaced Dan Marino ?
Jags, Ravens and Panthers all made their bids...New leader is Carolina

...and Cleo Lemon was an outstanding QB

Old 02-14-2017, 06:36 PM
<<< LA's finest football

Quote:
Jags, Ravens and Panthers all made their bids...New leader is Carolina

...and Cleo Lemon was an outstanding QB
No offers from nmpatsfan ?

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 02-15-2017, 07:42 AM
@TeeOhEmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper31 View Post
No offers from nmpatsfan ?
That sellout? Only 21 teams were sent letters. I have standards and morals.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
That sellout? Only 21 teams were sent letters. I have standards and morals.
What if he threw in a bus pass?

Old 02-19-2017, 09:48 AM
twilight time

This is my first post in over a month...I almost feel like a newbie....I'll try and not offend anyone....I really don't want to fight anymore.

My (Our) last trip to the Georgia Dome...

As I had posted before, we had some friends in to visit us from Texas during the playoffs...One of the people that came was once a Sorority Sister of my bride at the University of Tennessee....

She had married a great guy from Texas that had done "extremely well" in business...They came here for a visit, in this monstrous motor home, on their way to Atlanta...They were going to go and watch the Cowboys beat the Falcons in Atlanta, after they did away with the Packers...Of course that plan fell through (thanks to the magic of Rogers) so one of the couples that came with them flew back to Texas...That left them with a couple of extra tickets to the game at the Georgia Dome...How could we refuse?

My bride made a few moves at UT and before long we were all off to Atlanta for a big time watching the Packers destroy the Falcons at the Georgia Dome....We got to Atlanta a few days early, so we took in a few tourist sights like Stone Mountain, and Underground Atlanta....

We also visited a hospital I use to work at during my high school summers...My uncle had been the administrator there and my parents had me work to build my appreciation of making money...By the time summer high school football practice started, I was ready for a break...The work was too hard...

The game was extremely exciting...Our friends, being big Cowboy fans, had enough Cowboy gear for us to all dress in the wrong outfits for the game...We got a lot of cat calls from the Falcon fans...It was all in good fun, but I did feel a bit stupid in Cowboy gear at a game between the Packers and the Falcons....

I did not expect the Packers to lose, but as you all saw, on that day Atlanta knew how to call a winning game...Not like in the Super Bowl...

One of the highlights of the trip was staying at the mobile parks for the nights....I was not even aware of these great places....One particular place had a big bond fire at night and a big sing a long...And before you ask, yes, there was even some weenie roasting over the big fire....

The Georgia Dome is still a magnificent place...They are replacing it with a new stadium that is to open in June of this year....It would have been nice if the Georgia Dome could have been transported to San Diego to save the Chargers from moving to Los Angeles.