Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what is on my mind
Are my arms long enough??? 2 6.06%
Telesco. Put me in at Safety 2 6.06%
I'm still waiting for my Chill Pills from Ticketmaster 1 3.03%
When are we getting new smiley emoticons??? 7 21.21%
The good 'ol days is on my mind 8 24.24%
Bacon is better than Ham 6 18.18%
Free trips to Cabo 4 12.12%
Im doing the ice bucket challenge 0 0%
What is PFF's grade for this thread??? 3 9.09%
I'm still thinking about TPVG. 5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Fun Fact:

I played the violin for over 10 years. 11 years to be exact. I was to the point where I could hear music and remake it. I always loved free-style and hated reading notes. Slow stuff was boring and fast fast fast was my thing. I gave it up when I was 16 because I wanted to focus on playing football. This video right here makes me want to pick it up again!

Old 02-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Slow stuff was boring and fast fast fast was my thing.
Have you watched any of the 2 Cellos videos?

Impressive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Fun Fact:

I played the violin for over 10 years. 11 years to be exact. I was to the point where I could hear music and remake it. I always loved free-style and hated reading notes. Slow stuff was boring and fast fast fast was my thing. I gave it up when I was 16 because I wanted to focus on playing football. This video right here makes me want to pick it up again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwyl7mbwZws
Pretty cool. Is that the girl that played with John Legend?
Were you a Jean Luc Ponty fan?

I have a friend whose 5 yr old grand daughter is playing a violin. She started at 3. She played a "silent night" solo at the church Christmas play.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:23 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Fun Fact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwyl7mbwZws
Always been obsessed with the harp. My 6 year old son is learning and loves it as well. He watches a lot of these videos of the Harp twins.

Round 1: Solomon Thomas, EDGE, Stanford
Round 2: Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech
Round 3: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State
Round 4: Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado
Round 5: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
Round 6: Dylan Donahue, OLB, West Georgia
Round 7: Kai Nacua, FS, Brigham Young
Old 02-21-2017, 10:27 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Have you watched any of the 2 Cellos videos?

Impressive.
I believe so. It's the two Irish guys making a show of it, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Pretty cool. Is that the girl that played with John Legend?
Were you a Jean Luc Ponty fan?

I have a friend whose 5 yr old grand daughter is playing a violin. She started at 3. She played a "silent night" solo at the church Christmas play.
If I was, I don't remember. Although I don't like listening to country music, I loved playing it on the violin. I started when I was 5. She should be pretty good once she starts getting her own taste in music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post
Always been obsessed with the harp. My 6 year old son is learning and loves it as well. He watches a lot of these videos of the Harp twins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxnlJGbgmC8
People tell me the violin looks hard to play. I personally think the harp looks very hard. The strings are so close and you have to pluck the right one with the right amount of finesse.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:05 AM
Moderator of Delusions

I heard the Violin IS hard to play. It's not one of those instruments that people can just pick up.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:06 PM
The Prodigal Son Returns

Bolt, my deceased father in law was a fiddle player for 32 years with Archie Campbell of "Hee Haw" fame...He played everywhere throughout the south...He was a real life version of the song "Cherokee Fiddle."

Some of his jokes he would tell on stage was the difference between a violin and a fiddle was a violin was a noun and a fiddle was a verb...He would then burst into Orange Blossom Special, or Cotton Eye Joe...He would say his chin wasn't long enough to hold a violin, so he played the fiddle down low on his arm....Another great one was he tried playing the violin first, but his sheet music kept blowing away from the wind created by his foot stompins...

Many nights at their house, Nashville country stars would just "drop by" when they were in the neighborhood, for some pickin and grinnin...Some times they played till dawn...Since I had no musical talent, I was regulated to making the Jack and Coke refreshments for everyone...

One time a neighbor called the law on us for being too loud...The deputy was a country fan and when he saw who was there just a pickin and pluckin (Conway) he asked to sort of join in...He wasn't bad...

The deputy sent me over to the neighbor to bring them over and enjoy the sounds....The neighbor came over and saw the stars and stayed the night with us...

My bride plays the song "Cherokee Fiddle" on each anniversary of her daddy's passing....She loved her daddy...We put his fiddle in his casket with him. Just in case the good Lord wanted to hear some good fiddle playing too.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
Bolt, my deceased father in law was a fiddle player for 32 years with Archie Campbell of "Hee Haw" fame...He played everywhere throughout the south...He was a real life version of the song "Cherokee Fiddle."

Some of his jokes he would tell on stage was the difference between a violin and a fiddle was a violin was a noun and a fiddle was a verb...He would then burst into Orange Blossom Special, or Cotton Eye Joe...He would say his chin wasn't long enough to hold a violin, so he played the fiddle down low on his arm....Another great one was he tried playing the violin first, but his sheet music kept blowing away from the wind created by his foot stompins...

Many nights at their house, Nashville country stars would just "drop by" when they were in the neighborhood, for some pickin and grinnin...Some times they played till dawn...Since I had no musical talent, I was regulated to making the Jack and Coke refreshments for everyone...

One time a neighbor called the law on us for being too loud...The deputy was a country fan and when he saw who was there just a pickin and pluckin (Conway) he asked to sort of join in...He wasn't bad...

The deputy sent me over to the neighbor to bring them over and enjoy the sounds....The neighbor came over and saw the stars and stayed the night with us...

My bride plays the song "Cherokee Fiddle" on each anniversary of her daddy's passing....She loved her daddy...We put his fiddle in his casket with him. Just in case the good Lord wanted to hear some good fiddle playing too.
That is a cool story. That story makes me want to start again . It sound like your father in law and I would have a lot of fun together. I too rarely put my chin on the violin. I think once I finish paying off my wedding (almost done!), I'm going to reward myself and buy a brand new violin to start up again.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:05 PM
<<< EPIC Mug Shot

Quote:
That is a cool story...
I didn't read the story, but just wanted to warn you, not to believe everything you read. Especially when it's a "story"

Carry on

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 02-21-2017, 05:18 PM
The Prodigal Son Returns

Bolt, a way to be able to afford a new violin someday is to save 10% of everything you earn....Make a habit of putting away 10 cents of every dollar (no one misses a dime at a time)...Put that same 10 cents into an interest bearing account that pays a fair rate of return...Before long you will be playing to your darlin on the future hot summer nights.

It doesn't matter if you play like the great Hungarian violinist Joseph Szigeti, or play like good ol' country boy, Charlie Daniels...Just play...

There is a great Bob Dylan song called, "The Hurricane", which is the story of Rubin Carter, the boxer...The song is framed by the haunting chords of a classical violinist, encircling every phrase of the song...

I've bought the Bob Dylan tape, now CD, "Desire" several times, just to hear that violin compliment the song, like a beautiful woman in a tight form fitting dress; unforgettable.

Last edited by GameTime; 02-21-2017 at 05:35 PM..