Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what is on my mind
Are my arms long enough??? 2 6.06%
Telesco. Put me in at Safety 2 6.06%
I'm still waiting for my Chill Pills from Ticketmaster 1 3.03%
When are we getting new smiley emoticons??? 7 21.21%
The good 'ol days is on my mind 8 24.24%
Bacon is better than Ham 6 18.18%
Free trips to Cabo 4 12.12%
Im doing the ice bucket challenge 0 0%
What is PFF's grade for this thread??? 3 9.09%
I'm still thinking about TPVG. 5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2017, 05:33 PM
The Prodigal Son Returns

Bolt, go to YouTube and put in, Bob Dylan Hurricane....Play the 1975 live version...It is fantastic...Someone in the comment section says it's Emmy Lou Harris on Violin, I don't know...It is one haunting song, with GREAT VIOLIN MUSIC.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:12 AM
The Prodigal Son Returns

Bolt my son, by talking about Bob Dylan's "Hurricane", I can't stop listening to it now...Bob can't sing a lick, but tells a hell of a story.....

The haunting sounds of the violin grab the listener by the ear and say LISTEN!!!!!

By the way Bolt, the violinist is Scarlet Rivera....
Old 02-23-2017, 07:14 AM
The Prodigal Son Returns

The Long Road Home.....

As I had said earlier, we went with friends in their motor home to the NFC championship game, at the last NFL game played at the Georgia Dome, in Atlanta....

All the way down there I heard about the Cowboys...Cowboys this and the Cowboys that....Roger Staubach, Danny White, Dandy Don, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Tony Dorsett, Tony Romo, and now the new kid QB....Yak, yak, yak....Endless Cowboy chatter.

We even had to wear Cowboy gear to the game between the Falcons and the Packers at the Georgia Dome...It had gotten insane....I felt so stupid....I had on my Charger hat, and a Cowboy hat, at the same time....You know one facing front (Cowboys) and the other backwards (Chargers)....Man, I looked stupid.

At the game I was sitting next to a Falcon fan and he was going on and on about the Falcons...I thought here we go again....He then said remember when we kicked your butts (Chargers) this year....We sent you guys back to San Diego crying....I let him know the Chargers had beaten Atlanta this year and if anyone was crying, it was you Falcon fans...I became like a highschool boy being true to his school...I told the fan that Mat Ryan was almost as good as Philip Rivers, and if Rivers had a Julio Jones and a healthy offensive line you would be seeing the Chargers playing in the playoffs....Of course the fan told me I was full of it (good naturedly of course.... I'm still in shape, and my eye patch scares the hell out of people)...

It was about this time I reversed my hats...I put the Charger hat to the front, and the Cowboy hat to the back....

I looked over and my Texas friend was just looking at me and gave me the thumbs up motion, and my bride said to me "looks like we're Charger fans again."

I said "Damn straight!"

Last edited by GameTime; 02-24-2017 at 06:33 AM..
Old 02-23-2017, 05:55 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:59 PM

Old 02-24-2017, 06:32 AM
The Prodigal Son Returns

Coming back from Atlanta I talked with my friends about Charger football...And I wore my Charger hat.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 PM

I am not making this up. Score at Viejas Arena with 11:31 left IN THE FREAKING GAME: SDSU 27, Air Force 27. Teams shooting combined 22.8%.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:28 PM
The Prodigal Son Returns

Guys, while I was an outcast here, we bought a used boat....It was a 27 foot, Sportfisher Sea Ray, with a Flying Bridge...It was a pretty son of a gun...But unfortunately, it caught on fire after we had owned it for a very short time...

Me and my bride were going down the Tennessee River on a sort of test run...We had signed the papers and added it to our insurance..Thank goodness for that...

I was on the bridge when my bride said is it supposed to smoke like this? I turned around and sure enough, the back of the boat was getting very smokey, even though we were moving at a good clip, the smoke was continuing to grow in volume....

I immediately killed the engine and jumped off the bridge and yelled at my bride to put on her life vest, now! I grabbed the fire extinguisher, which barely worked, and before I could put a stream of fire retardant on the growing flames, a small explosion took place in the engine area...This was definitely a fire...

I yelled for my bride to grab our 2 barking dogs and get on the bow and get ready to get in the water...She was terrified, because she could not swim....Her voice went up a couple of octaves...She was very scared..

I assured her in as calm a voice as I could muster, I'll take care of you and the dogs...I'm a natural born hero...I said anything to take the terror out of her eyes....And besides, she is my life...I would not let anything happen to her, or our dogs..

Suddenly another boat came flying toward us to save the day...It was as if they were angels coming out of the river mist coming to save us....The two rescuers got the fire out in just a few moments....They both had on their Tennesse Vols hats...

They towed us toward the area we had originally docked the boat at...Several people were out on the docks, and saw the trace smoke coming out of the back of the boat....The Dockmaster would not let us dock the boat because of the smoke and possibility of more fire....

We beached the boat on a sand bar next to the shore line...The two rescuers stayed with us for quite awhile...We talked Tennessee Vol Football and laughed at how much we all hated Alabama...

The next day I made my way to the dealership where we had bought the boat...I had a spirited conversation with the salesman that had sold us the boat...They assured us the boat was in tip top shape when we bought it....

Half way through the debate I took off my eye patch, just to make a point...The salesman said did the fire do that? When we bought the boat I had in my glass eye, so he was not aware of my previous injury...

The incident is still going through a bit of legalities, due to the fact we almost were burned to death on our real first day on the boat they sold us...

On the day of the fire, I had on my Charger hat...Even though I had not had my great awakening yet, one of the rescuers asked me if I was a Charger fan...My eyes filled with tears and I said yes, yes I was....

You guys can make fun of me all you want, but when you are almost burned to death like we were, you will look at what you were wearing as you died...

I'll always be a Charger fan.....

The boat was/is like this one.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:03 PM
<<< EPIC Mug Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
Guys, while I was an outcast here
^ stopped reading here, as clearly it was about something that was in the past, and I'm not the type to live in the past.

I'm sure it was a cool story though, bro...

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 03-03-2017, 07:04 PM