Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what is on my mind
Are my arms long enough??? 2 6.06%
Telesco. Put me in at Safety 2 6.06%
I'm still waiting for my Chill Pills from Ticketmaster 1 3.03%
When are we getting new smiley emoticons??? 7 21.21%
The good 'ol days is on my mind 8 24.24%
Bacon is better than Ham 6 18.18%
Free trips to Cabo 4 12.12%
Im doing the ice bucket challenge 0 0%
What is PFF's grade for this thread??? 3 9.09%
I'm still thinking about TPVG. 5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

RIP Chuck Berry. Gone at 90.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 03-18-2017, 06:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
RIP Chuck Berry. Gone at 90.

Congratulations to Chuck for making it to 90. His mark on music is huge. Beatles, Stones and Beach Boys all relied on Chuck Berry riffs and songs in their early days. He was a true pioneer and one of the kings of RnR. You literally can't talk about rock n roll music without paying tribute to Chuck Berry. I met him in San Diego when I was in high school. He had massive hands and great spirit.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Congratulations to Chuck for making it to 90. His mark on music is huge. Beatles, Stones and Beach Boys all relied on Chuck Berry riffs and songs in their early days. He was a true pioneer and one of the kings of RnR. You literally can't talk about rock n roll music without paying tribute to Chuck Berry. I met him in San Diego when I was in high school. He had massive hands and great spirit.
Chuck Berry is an immortal. Country, blues, jazz, rock and roll ... what genre of music doesn't have his fingerprints all over it?

Old 03-18-2017, 07:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Chuck Berry is an immortal. Country, blues, jazz, rock and roll ... what genre of music doesn't have his fingerprints all over it?
Yep. Excellent post.

I was looking at the list of songs he wrote and it's better than I remember. Quite a catalog and he didn't really get started until his late 20's early 30's.

A little The Moekid trivia for ya: I was playing a band that got hired to record a cover version of a Chuck Berry song called "No Particular Place To Go" for a low budget movie. A fine song. We didn't measure up to Chuck's standards but the didn't want to pay for the real thing so they got what we could give. I still like that song. Chuck had a way with words
Old 03-19-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
A little The Moekid trivia for ya: I was playing a band that got hired to record a cover version of a Chuck Berry song called "No Particular Place To Go" for a low budget movie. A fine song. We didn't measure up to Chuck's standards but the didn't want to pay for the real thing so they got what we could give. I still like that song. Chuck had a way with words
I still listen to that song sometimes, when I'm ridin' along in my automobile.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:32 AM

Old 03-19-2017, 08:33 AM

13 Chargers are running in the LA Marathon today, including Tom Telesco, and their anchor Denzel Perryman.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:36 AM

Old 03-19-2017, 08:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Reminds me of Steve Martin's famous bit on SNL when the aliens discover d the Voyager and their message back was "send more Chuck Berry"
Old 03-19-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Reminds me of Steve Martin's famous bit on SNL when the aliens discover d the Voyager and their message back was "send more Chuck Berry"
Haha! I forgot about that.