Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2017, 04:23 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Karlos Williams.
Shonn Greene.
We drafting a Clydesdale ?
I was hoping that we made a run @ Karlos last year. I want a big banger like him on the roster next season.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Lynn has been quoted as saying that Karlos was sorely missed by the Bills as a counter punch to Shady.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 01-23-2017, 05:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYourBolts View Post
That crossed my mind after we hired Lynn, as well. I didn't watch much of the Bills, but when I did, I didn't notice them using 'specialty' backs. It could be because McCoy can do it all, or the just didn't have that type of guy on the roster. But it is definitely something to consider when wondering what they'll do with Woody.
Gordon has shown he can take over in the passing game. He could be used in the same way LT was used as a do-it-all back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Lynn has been quoted as saying that Karlos was sorely missed by the Bills as a counter punch to Shady.
Since it's a copycat league I think we should make a 1-2 punch like the Falcons have. Maybe even a 3 headed monster in the running game. If that's the direction Lynn wants to go in.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:32 PM
more mojo please

Wake me up when ya'll come around to drafting Leonard Fournette
And having the best backfield in the NFL for years to come...
Gnight zzzzz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggie View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure where you're getting that hes expecting to get PAID paid either. My guess is he's smart enough to know that no team is going to spend a lot of money on an aging, injury-prone and diminutive back.

My guess is the two teams he'd like to play for are the Chargers (close to home, knows the system, comfortable with Rivers) or the Patriots (was previously successful there).

We have a few backs on the roster -- Gordon, Oliver, Farrow, Hillman, Williams -- but other than Gordon and Oliver, I'm not sure who's still under contract.

So in other words, my guess is he's expendable unless he signs a team-friendly, incentive-laden contract I'm just wondering if he fits into the vision and plan on offense.
In other words, Woodhead is most probably hoping to re-sign for a yearly salary equal to, or better than what he has been earning. If the Bolts choose to re-sign him, I'm sure they would do so at team-friendly wages and terms.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:45 AM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
In other words, Woodhead is most probably hoping to re-sign for a yearly salary equal to, or better than what he has been earning. If the Bolts choose to re-sign him, I'm sure they would do so at team-friendly wages and terms.
He needs an incentivized contract...that means if hes available to play most of the season he gets paid...if he goes down with an injury he gets league minimum...otherwise hes to risky no matter what...
Old 01-24-2017, 01:35 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Somewhere they just put Tom Telesco on oxygen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:39 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
In other words, Woodhead is most probably hoping to re-sign for a yearly salary equal to, or better than what he has been earning.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 01-24-2017, 03:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I cant HAHAHAHHA

Old 01-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
Gordon has shown he can take over in the passing game. He could be used in the same way LT was used as a do-it-all back.

Since it's a copycat league I think we should make a 1-2 punch like the Falcons have. Maybe even a 3 headed monster in the running game. If that's the direction Lynn wants to go in.
That's why I would rather not resign Woodhead and get Christian McCaffery. Him and Gordon are 1-2 punch, plus Christian can also catch the ball. Far fetched that in anyway will happen though.