Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2017, 03:48 PM
more mojo please

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2017...eles-san-diego

writers take is weak imo
our ex beard and woodhead can go door to door for all I care.
verrett is right, bring it
let the cleansing begin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post

writers take is weak imo
let the cleansing begin
I'm not from San Diego, but I think Verrett could've used more decorum in his approach to commenting on the former fanbase that lives there. It can bother him, sure, but he's going up against 55 years of fanship in some cases.

I have no idea how I would've taken it had I lived in San Diego for most of my years, and watched the team saunter off. I think I would've been mentally prepared for it, though, given the fact that the threat of moving had been looming for so many years; but I digress ....

I think Rivers handled it the best way possible:
  • We love San Diego, and will never forget the fans down there.
  • We want to win in Los Angeles, because this is where our team happens to be now.
  • We hope you understand, and will continue to follow us.

On the other hand, Weddle should know every team moves on from players. He may have some valid grievances with the way the Chargers handled his contract, but by all accounts he came crying to the media first. The Chargers fined him for seeing his daughter perform on the field, instead of being in the locker room (I think an exception should've been made); but it's time to move on.

Crying about a former employer, and trying to recruit their employees over stuff that happens with every team is stuff you have to leave on the playground. It's silly.

Last edited by chargertom; 03-14-2017 at 06:51 PM..
Old 03-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Rookie

Too bad Danny got away from the Chargers. He is a top quality guy, and a good player as well. Wish him the best of luck with the Ravens.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:17 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
He is a top quality guy ....
Last couple of days has made this very questionable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 03-14-2017, 09:22 PM
Destroy the opposition!

screw the ravens and weddle.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:48 PM
more mojo please

As a life long Chargers fan born and raised is south SD
I approve Addaes and Verretts tweet
And am glad they're embracing a competitive and defensive attitude
Time to pick a side imo

Running WITH

Old 03-15-2017, 01:29 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggie View Post
I'm not from San Diego, but I think Verrett could've used more decorum in his approach to commenting on the former fanbase that lives there. It can bother him, sure, but he's going up against 55 years of fanship in some cases.

I have no idea how I would've taken it had I lived in San Diego for most of my years, and watched the team saunter off. I think I would've been mentally prepared for it, though, given the fact that the threat of moving had been looming for so many years; but I digress ....

I think Rivers handled it the best way possible:
  • We love San Diego, and will never forget the fans down there.
  • We want to win in Los Angeles, because this is where our team happens to be now.
  • We hope you understand, and will continue to follow us.

On the other hand, Weddle should know every team moves on from players. He may have some valid grievances with the way the Chargers handled his contract, but by all accounts he came crying to the media first. The Chargers fined him for seeing his daughter perform on the field, instead of being in the locker room (I think an exception should've been made); but it's time to move on.

Crying about a former employer, and trying to recruit their employees over stuff that happens with every team is stuff you have to leave on the playground. It's silly.
So did Scifres. Scifres told coaching staff. Weddle went M.I.A. without telling anyone. Weddle was fined. Scifres was not.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:33 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post

writers take is weak imo
let the cleansing begin
I support Verrett and Addae. This writer is crying but I'm sure the players are sick of dealing with the constant jerks who are on anonymous online sources. We see it on here, the Chargers reddit, and twitter. So many people saying, "I'm over the Chargers." Yet they stick around and berate the Chargers.

If you are truly over it. Get the heck out of here and commiserate somewhere else.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:55 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I support Verrett and Addae. This writer is crying but I'm sure the players are sick of dealing with the constant jerks who are on anonymous online sources. We see it on here, the Chargers reddit, and twitter. So many people saying, "I'm over the Chargers." Yet they stick around and berate the Chargers.

If you are truly over it. Get the heck out of here and commiserate somewhere else.
I support them too, but not in this instance. They need to zippy lippy and just play football. My Killah just got a brand new Chargers contract. It's time to lift weights and go destroy opponents. As for Verrett, how about we stay on the freaking field and you can do some talky talk out there---not in rehab.

Just let it go. You are not helping your cause by popping off to hurt fans that just had their team relocated. Nothing good is going to come from it. Let it go and play football.

You want to silence the detractors ? Start by not being 4-12.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:34 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I support them too, but not in this instance. They need to zippy lippy and just play football. My Killah just got a brand new Chargers contract. It's time to lift weights and go destroy opponents. As for Verrett, how about we stay on the freaking field and you can do some talky talk out there---not in rehab.

Just let it go. You are not helping your cause by popping off to hurt fans that just had their team relocated. Nothing good is going to come from it. Let it go and play football.

You want to silence the detractors ? Start by not being 4-12.
This all started when Weddle decided to be a continuous crybaby on Twitter. I am glad Verrett is defending the team and it's fan base that has stayed.