Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
While Fournette is exciting, and certainly talented, I suspect there will be players available @ 7th pick that are more talented. Leaving better talent on the board is usually a mistake. For arguments sake, let us say what is there when it is pick time is a PRS, DE, CB, WR, TE and Fournette RB......all are scored equally by the Bolts.....the deciding factor is what ? The 'generational' talent in Fournette, finish the Defence mindset, or just plain old 'team need' ...... I do not buy into the 'generational talent' label, and RB is certainly not a team need, so I do not see him in Bolts.
For the most part I agree with you...but if all the best defenders are gone? Garret, Hooker, Adams, maybe Thomas and Allen....Would you pass up Fournette for Rueben Foster, Jabril Peppers, or one of the olineman? I dunno....

I think one of our guys will be there, but if they arent, I'm not gonna throw the remote if we turn in Fournettes name on that card.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:14 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Bolt View Post
For the most part I agree with you...but if all the best defenders are gone? Garret, Hooker, Adams, maybe Thomas and Allen....Would you pass up Fournette for Rueben Foster, Jabril Peppers, or one of the olineman? I dunno....

I think one of our guys will be there, but if they arent, I'm not gonna throw the remote if we turn in Fournettes name on that card.
I'd pass on Fournette for Foster in a second. I'd take either of the top two WR's over Fournette. I'd take Bolles or Ramczyk over Fournette. I'd take Peppers & Baker over Fournette. I'd take probably 30+ guys over Fournette. He doesn't fill any kind of need and RB's have been really devalued in the NFL. Look at who is still available in free agency.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:48 PM
more mojo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolted View Post
Are you serious??? What even makes you think he doesn't have the durability to last until he's 30? He's a beast!
im not sure if you're serious, but I have an answer, or 2.

1. 2 of 2 seasons ending on IR
2. exciting (yet taxing) violent style of play.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 of 500
SD Native, LA Charger Loyalist

007. Malik Hooker FS Ohio St.
038, Malik McDowell DL Michigan St.
071. Antonio Garcia OT Troy
113. Buckey Hodges TE Virginia Tech
151. Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
190. Corey Levin OG Chattanooga
225. Samson Ebukam DE Eastern Washington
Old 03-15-2017, 12:50 PM
more mojo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
While Fournette is exciting, and certainly talented, I suspect there will be players available @ 7th pick that are more talented. Leaving better talent on the board is usually a mistake. For arguments sake, let us say what is there when it is pick time is a PRS, DE, CB, WR, TE and Fournette RB......all are scored equally by the Bolts.....the deciding factor is what ? The 'generational' talent in Fournette, finish the Defence mindset, or just plain old 'team need' ...... I do not buy into the 'generational talent' label, and RB is certainly not a team need, so I do not see him in Bolts.
blindfolded darts with the prospects names on the dart board...

amazingly decisive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 of 500

Old 03-15-2017, 12:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
im not sure if you're serious, but I have an answer, or 2.

1. 2 of 2 seasons ending on IR
2. exciting (yet taxing) violent style of play.
To be fair, he didn't end last season on IR. The Chargers weren't making the playoffs and risking Gordon to potential further injury was pointless. Had the Bolts been in the thick of the playoff hunt, I'm sure he would have played week 16 & 17.

Last edited by Damage Inc; 03-15-2017 at 01:10 PM..
Old 03-15-2017, 01:21 PM
more mojo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
To be fair, he didn't end last season on IR. The Chargers weren't making the playoffs and risking Gordon to potential further injury was pointless. Had the Bolts been in the thick of the playoff hunt, I'm sure he would have played week 16 & 17.
clarification noted.
my point is that while healthy as a horse in college, MG has missed games in both years.
and a ground game that has 2 backs fully capable of carrying to load several games in a road is imo essential, especially when you're looking to squeeze a championship out of a small window.

all im saying is that having MG shouldn't close the door on LF being in the cluster.

1 of 500

Old 03-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Picking Fournette, and not having a trade in place for Gordon, seems like a huge redundancy.

I wouldn't take Fournette, or Foster, or Peppers, or any OL at 7th pick overall.....

Hooker, Adams, Garrett, Thomas, Williams, Lattimore, Howard.....one of them will be there.....any are great addition to this team.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-15-2017, 01:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
clarification noted.
my point is that while healthy as a horse in college, MG has missed games in both years.
and a ground game that has 2 backs fully capable of carrying to load several games in a road is imo essential, especially when you're looking to squeeze a championship out of a small window.

all im saying is that having MG shouldn't close the door on LF being in the cluster.
Resigning Andre Williams should.

I see ten TEs, but both McGrath and Cleveland were resigned, and Gates did not retire.

Call it"tendered", but the intention is there, knowing the population in this draft.

Mike Williams WR clemson
Tyus Bowser SAM houston
Isaac Asiata ORG utah
Eddie Vanderdoes DL ucla
Wayne Gallman RB clemson
Brendan Langley CB lamar TX
David Jones S richmond
Old 03-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'd pass on Fournette for Foster in a second. I'd take either of the top two WR's over Fournette. I'd take Bolles or Ramczyk over Fournette. I'd take Peppers & Baker over Fournette. I'd take probably 30+ guys over Fournette. He doesn't fill any kind of need and RB's have been really devalued in the NFL. Look at who is still available in free agency.
Fournette is a solid early pic but if I were to take an offensive player, I like OJ Howard. Allegedly the best TE to come out in the last decade. That may be a little over the top but it's certain he's a very good prospect with better hands, size & speed than the top WRs.
I wouldn't run out of D selections at 7. Garrett, Thomas, Allen, Hooker, Adams, Lattimore, Humphrey, Foster but if TT & Lynn like Fournette, Howard or Ramczyk better ? I wish us all good fortune.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:02 PM
Sometimes the truth hurts

Quote:
Get ready to be surprised. I'll put a gentleman's bet on the fact that Tuerk will start at center and Slauson at guard come kickoff weekend. Tuerk is a center, not a guard & Slauson didn't miss any games last season. It's not surprising at all that he didn't get into a game. There is no point going over again why Tuerk was "redshirted" last season. There are plenty of posts on it in this thread. It's your choice to agree with it or not.
He actually played OT & OG in addition to OC @ USC. And yes, there are plenty of posts in regards to it, except in my opinion none of them hold any validity.

Go ahead and name the terms of the bet you are going to lose.