Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2017, 04:04 PM
Sometimes the truth hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Mc Caffrey ?
It's definitely possible. He's a total yardage beast between carries, rec's and returns.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
ahh yes, I forgot about the future HOFer Andre Williams

we WERE considering drafting LF at 7 despite having a workhorse back in MG3, despite other talented prospects with positions of greater need, even with all that given, we WERE giving serious consideration to using our top 7 pick on someone we obviously think is too good to pass up...

but fortunately, we were successfully able swindle Andre Williams into a vet minimum contract, lucky for us, dude doesn't even know his worth!
The playmaker who jumps out at me, based upon study of video, is Corey Davis.

Mike Williams WR clemson
Tyus Bowser SAM houston
Isaac Asiata ORG utah
Eddie Vanderdoes DL ucla
Wayne Gallman RB clemson
Brendan Langley CB lamar TX
David Jones S richmond
Old 03-15-2017, 05:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYourBolts View Post
It's definitely possible. He's a total yardage beast between carries, rec's and returns.
solves a lot of issues. Could be a slot receiver, punt returner, 3rd down back, etc.....
Old 03-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
I can assure you if that trade was made, McCaffrey wouldn't be the pick.....and if he was, someone needs to be fired.
Why? This is not like picking him #1 overall...if Mcaffrey has multiple capabilities and is a day one starter why would it be a waste. Your placing your subjective value on him and not waht the overall marketplace is demanding which is 32 teams. So all you can come up with is a range of possibilities where hes going to be drafted and thats 20-32. If hes not picked by then I would definitely move up to the top of round two and pick him.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Mc Caffrey at 7 ? Too early.
Mc Caffrey at 38 ? Gone.

IMHO.

Mike Williams WR clemson
Tyus Bowser SAM houston
Isaac Asiata ORG utah
Eddie Vanderdoes DL ucla
Wayne Gallman RB clemson
David Jones S richmond
Old 03-15-2017, 07:08 PM
Rookie

On the LF at seven thing...not my favorite idea, but way, way better than picking an OLineman from one of the worst Tackle classes in recent memory. That is what I was getting at. I wasn't thrilled with how Bosa was gonna impact an area of great need last year....we really needed OLineman then... but....wow. Just wow.

So if the draft shakes out so that when we pick, Fournette is at the top of our board, it won't break my heart if we take him.

But the OLine, which is what this thread is supposed to be about? I've been screaming for us to pick up some big boys for years, even if we have to reach a bit...but not this year. Talent just isn't there.

Its all probably a moot point, anyway. I think either Adams or Hooker will be there, or even Thomas.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:09 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
I can assure you if that trade was made, McCaffrey wouldn't be the pick.....and if he was, someone needs to be fired.
If we take a RB in the 1st or even 2nd then yea somebody named TT needs to be fired.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:23 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYourBolts View Post
I'd love an explanation as to why, because I bet I could find many more players who have had long careers who are more MG's body type than LF's. Guys who can't or won't avoid contact tend to get worn down quickly. And the next time Fournette avoids someone might be the first.
Ok...who? Jamal Charles? Brilliant career at times, but oft injured, and unreliable when it mattered. Who else? I mean, thats who I would compare him to. Don't let the biceps fool you, MG has a leaner type frame IMO. I'm a big fan of the kid, but odds are he won't be a three down feature back for more than a few years before the injury bug starts to nibble at his quality starts...unless we get this line playing way better. But that isn't gonna happen, IMO, with an influx of rookies from this draft.

I guess it comes down to how high you rate LF. If you think he is gonna be the next Zeke Elliot, and I do, and he is rated much higher than anybody else left when we pick...then I say you take him.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:31 PM
Hall of Famer

The Combine should have erased ANY doubts that McCaffrey is elite.

Mike Williams WR clemson
Tyus Bowser SAM houston
Isaac Asiata ORG utah
Eddie Vanderdoes DL ucla
Wayne Gallman RB clemson
David Jones S richmond
Old 03-15-2017, 07:44 PM
All-Pro

ot not worth the reach in this draft as others have indicated.

like williams and davis but not at 7. neither possess aj green, julio jones, amari cooper talent. thats what i need to pick at 7. put melvin gordon behind that dallas line and zeke type numbers appear. build it and they shall run.
you want to add a dimension to the offense and create mismatch problems and help in the run game. draft oj howard. 2te sets that guys are to big for corners and give majority lb problems in coverage. howard and henry would be dynamic. i still like hooker, adams, solomon, allen, lattimore as our pick at 7. finish of the d then turn to the o next year. rebuild oline to start

Free agent targets:
OG- Ron Leary

Cut-
OG- Fluker

Resign-
LB- Melvin Ingram

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Draft: