Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2017, 08:49 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Save your Limericks for the Leprechauns.

We're drafting Ross-
or is he too fast forya ?
Undersized with below-average play strength. Struggled to get into his routes cleanly and impact the game against the physical cornerbacks at Alabama. Weight will creep too far out over his toes at times. Tape shows occasional stumbles over nothing but turf in his routes and after the catch. Needs to do better job of working back to the throw. Has to learn to make contested catches. Will need to sharpen his short and intermediate routes to become a true three-level target. Has had a major injury to both knees.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Were there any particular games where you observed
Ross' "...weight creeping out over his toes..." ?

Never would have touted him if I saw that.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 03-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Hunter and Howard would make for a challenge to every defence.

Kupp in the 2nd isn't likely, as my thought is OL will be the choice.

Taking any OL player with 7th overall pick would be stunningly stupid. My thought is defence will add a great player.
If we take a receiver, Howard's my guy. Exceptional size, speed, hands. Gates is near retirement and getting Howard in with a chance to learn some HOF tricks about route running, positioning, boxing out and working with the QB could pay huge dividends in the future. Hunter & Howard could be dominant on the field together.

Otherwise I see us taking DB or DL at 7.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:42 AM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Bolt View Post
McCoy and Charles both have had injury issues...great when healthy, but inconvenient when they went down. Murray has benefited from good line play, see how he dropped off in Philly, and MG is no Adrian Peterson.

Missing the point anyway....take a crappie lineman or a TE we don't need, when we could take a RB, who by most accounts, could be exceptional, and pair him with MG? I think it's something you have to consider. Gordon has already had microfracture surgery for chrissakes, you think he is a lock for the next ten years?

You can't improve the oline talent much this year, imo, FA or draft, and if all the best defenders are gone, why not double down on a dynamic 2 back attack, rather than have Gordon beat himself to death all year long....?
There is talent to be had in the trenches. There might not be the one blue chip prospect or as much depth as other years, but there will be a number of guys that have productive, possibly pro bowl careers that I would take over a RB at 7. Ram and Lamp will be good

This is the deepest RB class I can think of. If you're dead set on having a dynamic duo then take one of the starting caliber rb's in the mid rounds or one of the vet rb's available for cheap in free agency. LF and MG will not play at the same time. You are taking a pro bowler off the field to get LF on the field. He'll need to be a superstar to make a minimal upgrade. We need a 3rd down back more than we need a bruiser 1st/2nd down back that will take reps from Gordon
Old 03-16-2017, 12:04 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
There is talent to be had in the trenches. There might not be the one blue chip prospect or as much depth as other years, but there will be a number of guys that have productive, possibly pro bowl careers that I would take over a RB at 7. Ram and Lamp will be good

This is the deepest RB class I can think of. If you're dead set on having a dynamic duo then take one of the starting caliber rb's in the mid rounds or one of the vet rb's available for cheap in free agency. LF and MG will not play at the same time. You are taking a pro bowler off the field to get LF on the field. He'll need to be a superstar to make a minimal upgrade. We need a 3rd down back more than we need a bruiser 1st/2nd down back that will take reps from Gordon
Not dead set at all...just making a point that I'd rather take a talent like Fournette at seven and make it work, than reach for a Ram or Lamp....

Im all about the safeties and ends, and I believe one of those guys will be there. I look for the guys we have on our line right now to step up, and combined with new sceme/coaching, hopefully will be much improved from last year. Just don't think anyone who can have a huge impact on the line is gonna land where we pick early in the draft, unless we get lucky with Feeney or Lamp falling to the second.

Thought about him in the third....
Screamed for him in the fourth...
Whooped when we stole him in the fifth...
My 2017 adopted bolt.....
Desmond King DB
Old 03-16-2017, 12:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
If we take a receiver, Howard's my guy. Exceptional size, speed, hands. Gates is near retirement and getting Howard in with a chance to learn some HOF tricks about route running, positioning, boxing out and working with the QB could pay huge dividends in the future. Hunter & Howard could be dominant on the field together.

Otherwise I see us taking DB or DL at 7.

Yes sir.....there is going to be some very solid talent available with the 7th pick overall. Got awesome players on both sides of the ball, should be fun to see which way they go. The worst thing TT could do is trade down, and away, from that talent.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-16-2017, 12:29 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Were there any particular games where you observed
Ross' "...weight creeping out over his toes..." ?

Never would have touted him if I saw that.
I offer in depth analysis.

Bring your A game.

King of Draft Geeks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I offer in depth analysis.

Bring your A game.

King of Draft Geeks
Yes. Yes.

What is it about your
"...weight creeping out over your toes..."
that is not conducive to playing high quality football ?

It would seem to me that you would need this to occur,
in order to move in a forward direction.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:11 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Yes. Yes.

What is it about your
"...weight creeping out over your toes..."
that is not conducive to playing high quality football ?

It would seem to me that you would need this to occur,
in order to move in a forward direction.

CBSsports is fake news ?

Old 03-16-2017, 01:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
CBSsports is fake news ?
Dane Brugler.
CBSSports.
Big Board.
#9 overall
Ryan Ramczyk.