Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2017, 01:52 PM
First member of the board

Whoever they take at #7 should be a very good player. A first year starter. I rule out RB's in the first because we have our starter. The only exception to the idea that the guy must be a first year starter would be a QB and I really doubt they'll take a QB.

So, I expect a very good player will be taken at #7 - you can also bet that some very good players will still be on the board after we make our pick because there are quite a few fine prospects in this draft. That fact will mean that many of us will be unhappy because TT didn't pick the guy we liked the most.

I know many of you will be upset if they take a OT because "he isn't rated that high". I think that's silly thinking - the only rating that counts is our GM's rating - maybe the so called "experts" rate a guy lower, even much lower than our team rates them - who's to say that our team is wrong?

Just as it takes a couple of years to judge a draft, it also takes a couple of years to find out if the "ratings" were right. We have to trust our GM to make the best call and trust that he knows more than the guys that do the mock drafts. In fact - what other choice do have? We can't force TT to stick to someone else's top 100 list and even if we could, history proves there would be many mistakes on that list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If we can trade down a bit;
1. Cam Robinson OT, Alabama
2.Dan Freeney OG, Ind
3. Marcus Williams FS, Utah
3A. Kevin King, CB, Wash
4. Wayne Gallman RB, Clemson
5. Dawuane Smoot DE, IL
6.Jeremy Sprinkle TE, Ark
7. Josh Malone WR, Tenn
Old 03-17-2017, 02:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
Whoever they take at #7 should be a very good player. A first year starter. I rule out RB's in the first because we have our starter. The only exception to the idea that the guy must be a first year starter would be a QB and I really doubt they'll take a QB.

So, I expect a very good player will be taken at #7 - you can also bet that some very good players will still be on the board after we make our pick because there are quite a few fine prospects in this draft. That fact will mean that many of us will be unhappy because TT didn't pick the guy we liked the most.

I know many of you will be upset if they take a OT because "he isn't rated that high". I think that's silly thinking - the only rating that counts is our GM's rating - maybe the so called "experts" rate a guy lower, even much lower than our team rates them - who's to say that our team is wrong?

Just as it takes a couple of years to judge a draft, it also takes a couple of years to find out if the "ratings" were right. We have to trust our GM to make the best call and trust that he knows more than the guys that do the mock drafts. In fact - what other choice do have? We can't force TT to stick to someone else's top 100 list and even if we could, history proves there would be many mistakes on that list.
I want to trust our GM, but I refuse the notion that I HAVE to trust him... Do you know the Chargers total win loss record since he's been GM?!
Old 03-17-2017, 02:50 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:

Mccaffrey is not just a running back...he can do multiple things like receiver skills as well. we have a receiver go down...well mccaffrey can do that. need him to catch a ball out of the backfield he can do that. need him to line up as a receiver someplace...he can do that...catch punt returns or kickoffs...welll he can do that....run the ball up the middle...he can do that...
Old 03-17-2017, 02:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzubeck View Post
Mccaffrey is not just a running back...he can do multiple things like receiver skills as well. we have a receiver go down...well mccaffrey can do that. need him to catch a ball out of the backfield he can do that. need him to line up as a receiver someplace...he can do that...catch punt returns or kickoffs...welll he can do that....run the ball up the middle...he can do that...
We have other needs lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzubeck View Post
McCaffrey at pick #7? Interesting! How about trade down to let's say pick 10 or 11 then draft him?
Old 03-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
McCaffrey at pick #7? Interesting! How about trade down to let's say pick 10 or 11 then draft him?
no...look back at what I said...trade up from round two if he slips down into the twenties...or thirties...no way have I said take him at 7...
Old 03-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Hall of Famer

I am considering McCaffrey at 7.
Along with several other players that you don't like.
Start him at Slot receiver-on the field with KA and MG III.
He's also RB #2 COP.
Lynn wants balance.
He wants a potent 1-2 punch.

Mike Williams WR clemson
Tyus Bowser SAM houston
Isaac Asiata ORG utah
Eddie Vanderdoes DL ucla
Wayne Gallman RB clemson
Brendan Langley CB lamar TX
David Jones S richmond
Old 03-17-2017, 03:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Agreed.........

Mike Williams WR clemson
Tyus Bowser SAM houston
Isaac Asiata ORG utah
Eddie Vanderdoes DL ucla
Wayne Gallman RB clemson
Brendan Langley CB lamar TX
David Jones S richmond
Old 03-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
I am considering McCaffrey at 7.

10char
3rd: Tarell Basham, EDGE, Ohio
4th: Nico Siragusa, OG, SDSU
5th: Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
6th: Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar
7th: Tim Patrick, WR, Utah
Old 03-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

TT's record on successful o-line picks is enough for me to not trust him when choosing o-line...... TT needs to stay away from any OL players with pick 7.

GO BOLTS !