Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
I am considering McCaffrey at 7.
Along with several other players that you don't like.
Start him at Slot receiver-on the field with KA and MG III.
He's also RB #2 COP.
Lynn wants balance.
He wants a potent 1-2 punch.
Might as well trade down to 12 with cleveland for their 3rd then. Either one of the three picks McCaffrey, williams or davis would be there too.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:08 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
I want to trust our GM, but I refuse the notion that I HAVE to trust him... Do you know the Chargers total win loss record since he's been GM?!
But, you do have to trust him because he's the one that makes our picks - not you or me or anybody else. Maybe you like Mayock or someone else more than TT but it's TT that makes our picks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
But, you do have to trust him because he's the one that makes our picks - not you or me or anybody else. Maybe you like Mayock or someone else more than TT but it's TT that makes our picks.
Trust is earned not granted... I will say after last season's draft he earned a bridge towards trust, but he needs to do that again this draft, by drafting the BPA when he makes his picks... No more reaching allowed for him...
Old 03-17-2017, 06:20 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
TT's record on successful o-line picks is enough for me to not trust him when choosing o-line...... TT needs to stay away from any OL players with pick 7.
LOL - but, maybe the third time's the one that he gets it right. We better hope he gets it right pretty darn soon because this OL still looks pretty ragged and they also are not getting any younger.

As Ive said before, I like Ryan R. and I hope we get him but I don't expect that. It's more likely he takes a pass rusher if any of the good ones are still left or a Safety or any of a few other positions. There are a lot of good players that will be available at pick #7. Here's hoping he hits a home run with the pick.

Wouldn't it be great if next year the teams with the first six picks this year looked back and said "I wish we had picked the guy the Charger picked".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
LOL - but, maybe the third time's the one that he gets it right. We better hope he gets it right pretty darn soon because this OL still looks pretty ragged and they also are not getting any younger.

As Ive said before, I like Ryan R. and I hope we get him but I don't expect that. It's more likely he takes a pass rusher if any of the good ones are still left or a Safety or any of a few other positions. There are a lot of good players that will be available at pick #7. Here's hoping he hits a home run with the pick.

Wouldn't it be great if next year the teams with the first six picks this year looked back and said "I wish we had picked the guy the Charger picked".

Hitting the proverbial home run with the 7th pick is easy, let us hope he manages triples with the next five picks. That would make this team improve a bunch !

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Bolt View Post
Geez....you made me look stuff up. Fine. E. GEORGE, SHAUN ALEXANDER, JEROME BETTIS, STEVEN JACKSON, JAMAL LEWIS....

I also think that sub 220 weight for Peterson is bogus...like LT, I think he played closer to 225, and I'm seeing Fournette mostly at 230, not the 240 you keep throwing out there.

But now we are just debating out of stubbornness ....I don't even want Fournette, but the possibility of MG having a possibly short career being lengthened by a pairing with a bruiser like talent is not a silly idea. No sillier than passing up a consensus blue chip talent to reach for oline because MG is gonna be a beast for the next 8 to ten years. But this is all just fantastical conjecture....we will be taking defense with the first pick.
I'm throwing it out there because that is what he weighed at the combine. You know, that event where college players show up in the best shape possible and run and jump around for a few days?

It was you who brought body type into question. I offered up a pretty much exact match when he came into the league, who happens to be one of the best RB's of this generation. There are many others who are that size or smaller who have had terrific careers, whereas the bigger guys as you listed are more the anomaly. I will say kudos on the list, even though only Jackson has had any meaningful snaps in the last decade.

I am in favor a taking a RB somewhere in this draft to help ease the load on MG. It's just the idea of taking one @ #7 that I find completely ridiculous. I'm not really a fan of either, but I'd take Cam or Ram in a heartbeat over Leonard or any other RB since I don't think he's even the best back available.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Whoever they take at #7 should be a very good player. A first year starter. I rule out RB's in the first because we have our starter. The only exception to the idea that the guy must be a first year starter would be a QB and I really doubt they'll take a QB.

So, I expect a very good player will be taken at #7 - you can also bet that some very good players will still be on the board after we make our pick because there are quite a few fine prospects in this draft. That fact will mean that many of us will be unhappy because TT didn't pick the guy we liked the most.

I know many of you will be upset if they take a OT because "he isn't rated that high". I think that's silly thinking - the only rating that counts is our GM's rating - maybe the so called "experts" rate a guy lower, even much lower than our team rates them - who's to say that our team is wrong?

Just as it takes a couple of years to judge a draft, it also takes a couple of years to find out if the "ratings" were right. We have to trust our GM to make the best call and trust that he knows more than the guys that do the mock drafts. In fact - what other choice do have? We can't force TT to stick to someone else's top 100 list and even if we could, history proves there would be many mistakes on that list.
No we don't. I'd say that "hope" would be a better word there. Trust would entail there being a proven track record, which there is not. And that is especially true when it comes to picking OL, regardless of whether it's the draft or FA.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzubeck View Post
Mccaffrey is not just a running back...he can do multiple things like receiver skills as well. we have a receiver go down...well mccaffrey can do that. need him to catch a ball out of the backfield he can do that. need him to line up as a receiver someplace...he can do that...catch punt returns or kickoffs...welll he can do that....run the ball up the middle...he can do that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolted View Post
We have other needs lol
Not sure if that was a humorous and facetious LOL, or a disagreeing one.

If a guy can be a RB; receiver; 3d down back; PR; and KR -- all in one -- then to say that we "have other needs" would certainly seem unwarranted if was meant to be serious. On the other hand, if it was meant to be facetious, well, then, well-done.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post

If a guy can be a RB; receiver; 3d down back; PR; and KR -- all in one -- then to say that we "have other needs" would certainly seem unwarranted if was meant to be serious. On the other hand, if it was meant to be facetious, well, then, well-done.
Exactly.

Bingo being played-numbers are assigned and matched to 7, 38, 71, 113, 151, 190 and 225.

McCaffrey ~25 should be considered at 7.

Carry it out one more decimal point CMB.

Start Christian at Slot, with Melvin at RB, Gates, Keenan, Henry and Tyrell.

Use CM as COP (change of pace).

Work him on kicks with Burse.

Yeah. McCaffrey at 7.

Ban those who want to tank with Sherman.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 03-18-2017, 01:23 AM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post

I'm the one he dissed...but I understand that we have bigger holes to fill...but long term if he pans out it wouldn't look so stupid. Not sure why people think I was pushing for him at #7...I was talking about moving up from the second round pick and maybe grabbing him somewhere in the twenties...