Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2017, 06:03 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
yes but how many teams use only a one back system anymore? especially a team looking to run the football better with a starter that's been injured? the chargers had woodhead and oliver before and lost them both and now need a good second option, not a gamble on a 6th or 7th round pick that may or may not work out.

i'm also not saying we have to draft a back #7, i said in the first 3 rounds and i absolutely think there will be one drafted in the first 3 rounds.

if the chargers wait until the later rounds to take a running back it will be a mistake, that is what i am saying.

This team was 4-12, there are 'needs' in plenty of places.....RB is a 'want' not a 'need'.....

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-20-2017, 06:05 AM
Destroy the opposition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krich1 View Post
This man has a point! Would be foolish to bank fully on Verrett making it through the whole year. We do need a big body CB if you ask me. I wouldn't going Safety round 1 then CB round 2 or 3.
i think a corner could be drafted high as well but i don't think the need is as much as RB. there are injury concerns everywhere on this team but if a corner goes down the chargers defense can still survive.

right now if gordon were to go down it would cripple the chargers offense and make them one dimensional like it did last season because there is now nobody behind him.

that's why you need to address the RB position in the first two days of the draft without a doubt IMO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
i think a corner could be drafted high as well but i don't think the need is as much as RB. there are injury concerns everywhere on this team but if a corner goes down the chargers defense can still survive.

right now if gordon were to go down it would cripple the chargers offense and make them one dimensional like it did last season because there is now nobody behind him.

that's why you need to address the RB position in the first two days of the draft without a doubt IMO
Actually there are two other RB's on the roster, as well as a FB.....I get that you do not like their talent as a replacement for MG, but stop claiming there is 'nobody behind MG'.

Not being able to run the ball is a problem, certainly, but giving up TD's because your CB's are weak is a bigger problem. CB is looking like a 'need' as opposed to RB.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-20-2017, 06:13 AM
Destroy the opposition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
This team was 4-12, there are 'needs' in plenty of places.....RB is a 'want' not a 'need'.....
due a lot to the injuries at RB........

no, i'm afraid that the RB position is a big time need. the chargers need more than just gordon....they need more than just OL help too.

the fact that the chargers let both oliver and woodhead walk while not sighing any RB's in FA so far tells me they are planning to draft one and i highly doubt they will gamble by waiting until the later rounds like so many seem to think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:20 AM
Destroy the opposition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Actually there are two other RB's on the roster, as well as a FB.....I get that you do not like their talent as a replacement for MG, but stop claiming there is 'nobody behind MG'.

Not being able to run the ball is a problem, certainly, but giving up TD's because your CB's are weak is a bigger problem. CB is looking like a 'need' as opposed to RB.
those guys wouldn't make the final 53 on most teams, so yeah your assumptions are correct, i don't like their talent as a replacement.

also, not saying corner isn't a need, not sure where the hell that came from. all i'm saying is there will likely be a RB drafted in the first 3 rounds and that RB is certainly a high priority in terms of need on this team.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:34 AM
Hall of Famer

The value at running back is Cook or Fournette at 7, excellent choices,
or a mid rounder.

There is depth.

Which mid rounders have hands for slot work ?

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 03-20-2017, 06:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
those guys wouldn't make the final 53 on most teams, so yeah your assumptions are correct, i don't like their talent as a replacement.

also, not saying corner isn't a need, not sure where the hell that came from. all i'm saying is there will likely be a RB drafted in the first 3 rounds and that RB is certainly a high priority in terms of need on this team.

The bold above references my differentiating between your belief that RB is a 'need' as well as CB. I do not see it that way, as I believe RB is a 'want' as opposed to the agreed 'need' at CB.

I do not see the Bolts taking a RB before their 5th pick of this draft, if at all. Time will tell though....

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
The value at running back is Cook or Fournette at 7, excellent choices,
or a mid rounder.

There is depth.

Which mid rounders have hands for slot work ?

I just do not see any emphasis on a receiving RB, otherwise the Bolts would have retained either Woodhead or Oliver, or at the least made an effort to retain.

On the occasion that they throw to a RB, the players on roster will suffice. If they add to the RB group, which I believe they will, that player will be more of a pounder than scat back. Or so I see it....

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-20-2017, 07:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Dalvin Cook. Christian McCaffrey. Curtis Samuel.

They would all look good with Lightning Bolts on their shoulders.

Energy at StubHub.

Mismatches for the win.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 03-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Dalvin Cook. Christian McCaffrey. Curtis Samuel.

They would all look good with Lightning Bolts on their shoulders.

Energy at StubHub.

Mismatches for the win.
Looking 'good with Lightning Bolts on their shoulders' is not a prerequisite for being drafted by TT.....thankfully.

Cook and McCaffrey will go after we pick @ 7th overall, and Samuel will go after we pick in the 2nd....these players just do not line up well with the Bolts' draft slots. TT should know better than to bite into that apple of temptation, but we shall see soon enough.

GO BOLTS !