Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2017, 10:33 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Look at Oakland, for example. TWO elite wideouts with Cooper and Crabs...Bolts draft Williams at #7 to go with KA, and we give them a run for their money. Has no one forgotten how decimated we were at WR last year? And how that lack of stability, in great part, contributed to many of PR's meltdowns resulting in picks? Need a WR and solid O-line out of this draft, no doubt about it.
truth. just a WR will do nothing if PR is getting killed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Look at Oakland, for example. TWO elite wideouts with Cooper and Crabs...Bolts draft Williams at #7 to go with KA, and we give them a run for their money. Has no one forgotten how decimated we were at WR last year? And how that lack of stability, in great part, contributed to many of PR's meltdowns resulting in picks? Need a WR and solid O-line out of this draft, no doubt about it.
I wouldn't call Crabtree elite... But Cooper, Crabtree, and now Patterson increases the "potential" for a strong WR corps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:17 PM
Destroy the opposition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
The bold above references my differentiating between your belief that RB is a 'need' as well as CB. I do not see it that way, as I believe RB is a 'want' as opposed to the agreed 'need' at CB.

I do not see the Bolts taking a RB before their 5th pick of this draft, if at all. Time will tell though....
so the chargers need depth at corner but not RB? that is where we clearly disagree and that's fine. if the chargers intentions are to make gordon their feature every down back like few teams do these days, then i can see why you believe that.

i don't think that's their plan, though.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
so the chargers need depth at corner but not RB? that is where we clearly disagree and that's fine. if the chargers intentions are to make gordon their feature every down back like few teams do these days, then i can see why you believe that.

i don't think that's their plan, though.
Woodhead and Hillman are gone right? What about Oliver and McCluster? Seems like we got a bunch of average joe's behind Gordon. Something I would want to fix ASAP if I were TT...

Old 03-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Woodhead and Hillman are gone right? What about Oliver and McCluster? Seems like we got a bunch of average joe's behind Gordon. Something I would want to fix ASAP if I were TT...
Hillman signed with the Vikes. I wouldn't mind going for a mid to late round draft pick of a RB. One question mark is Watt. If they're not going to use him, cut him. However, I sure wish they'd use him more. Maybe with our new HC we'll see a change in philosophy.
(Trade down to #12, pick up extra 2nd rounder)
1. Williams WR Clemson
2a. Baker S Washington
2b. Feeney OG, Indiana
3. Basham DE Ohio
4. Bisnowaty, OT Pittsburgh
5. Anzalone LB, Florida
6. King CB Washington
7. Heck OT North Carolina

If we can't trade down:
1. Hooker, S, Ohio St.
2. Feeney OG Indiana
3. Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
4. Bisnowaty, OT, Pittsburgh
5. Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois

6. Donahue LB West Georgia
7. Kelly QB Ole Miss

Last edited by topcat4477; 03-20-2017 at 01:48 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 01:42 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
As of today, Hillman, McCluster and Andre Williams are still on the roster. Hillman is a solid backup, and we still have Ollie. I wouldn't mind going for a mid to late round draft pick of a RB. One question mark is Watt. If they're not going to use him, cut him. However, I sure wish they'd use him more. Maybe with our new HC we'll see a change in philosophy.
I wonder what Oliver's status is post surgery? With what you posted, I'd cut McCluster and keep Watt... Maybe take a gamble in the 6th or sign an UDFA.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I wonder what Oliver's status is post surgery? With what you posted, I'd cut McCluster and keep Watt... Maybe take a gamble in the 6th or sign an UDFA.
Actually, I found out Hillman signed with the Vikes, but McCluster is still a FA. His deal with the Bolts was for only one year.
(Trade down to #12, pick up extra 2nd rounder)
1. Williams WR Clemson
2a. Baker S Washington
2b. Feeney OG, Indiana
3. Basham DE Ohio
4. Bisnowaty, OT Pittsburgh
5. Anzalone LB, Florida
6. King CB Washington
7. Heck OT North Carolina

If we can't trade down:
1. Hooker, S, Ohio St.
2. Feeney OG Indiana
3. Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
4. Bisnowaty, OT, Pittsburgh
5. Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois

6. Donahue LB West Georgia
7. Kelly QB Ole Miss
Old 03-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Destroy the opposition!

Quote:
yeah, a bunch of guys behind gordon that will be lucky to even make a teams roster. the fact that the chargers let both woodhead and oliver walk tells me they intend to draft a RB somewhat high.

it's not simply a want in my mind, it's a need.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
yeah, a bunch of guys behind gordon that will be lucky to even make a teams roster. the fact that the chargers let both woodhead and oliver walk tells me they intend to draft a RB somewhat high.

Agreed. I am not thrilled at our talent level at RB. FB. HBack. TE. This draft allows ample opportunities for upgrades/greater depth there.

Again, Google and you will find comments from Anthony Lynn, regarding how much the loss of Karlos Williams negatively impacted the Bills offense. This was with Shady McCoy in tow.
Jordan Willis EDGE/OLB kansas state
Kareem Hunt RB toledo
Jordan Morgan ORG kutztown state
Treyvon Hester DT toledo
Robert Davis WR georgia state
Old 03-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:

I agree that finding a capable back up running back/third down back is a big need. The only problem is that you can say that with practically every position on the roster aside from QB and maybe TE.

RB gems are frequently found later in the draft, and this class is loaded. The volatility of the position and the frequency of late round gems make it a bad investment if you ask me. I can't justify spending a high pick on a RB when we can still use a starting NB, S, OG, RT, and LB.