Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Smack Shack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where will San Diego finish this year?
Super Bowl Champions! 9 56.25%
Super Bowl Champions! 1 6.25%
Super Bowl Champions! 0 0%
Super Bowl Champions! 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 06:52 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Default 2016/2017 San Diego Chargers Smack Thread

Super Bowl!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 05-25-2016, 01:58 PM

I chose the third option.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Moderator of Delusions

perfect poll. There can be only one!

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:38 PM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
perfect poll. There can be only one!
Amen Highlander.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:02 AM
<<< LA's finest football

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
My observations of my Nashville trip to watch the Chargers play the Titans...

S.O.S. Joey Bosa where are you?
We looked good for 14 minutes, and then it got ugly...If the games are changed to 14 minutes, we're ready to dominate.

Our run defense looks worse than last season....Pre season or not, many missed tackles and guys out of position and not playing their assignments...Coaching is a concern to me...

Stucky is very slow as a safety and takes terrible angles to tackle....

As an SEC fan, I knew Derrick Henry would be a killer, and we passed on him to sign someone we can't sign...Brillant.

Mettenberger is awful...Titan fans were letting me have it after every bad thing he did..
Titan fans asked me, rather loudly, where's Bosa? Especially after every run around our right defensive end...It became comical in the stands....I took a beating...I just shook my head and raised my hands up, don't shoot. They even asked me if Bosa could run because our backs, other than Gordon and Oliver, look bad. If the Titans cut any of their backs, jump on them...

The Titans on this night, were the far better team...It wasn't even close....People in the stands were laughing at us....I took a lot of good natured (mostly) teasing from the people around us....I was quite vocal when Gordon scored...I was like a high school cheerleader and probably irritated a few people...But mercy me, they got me back with their laughter at our lackluster effort for so much of the game....

Bubba told a couple guys to shut the hell up, enough already...Somebody yelled down from a higher row, since I only have one eye with a black patch over it, I should follow the Raiders...Bubba went looking for them to shut em up, but I got him to sit back down before it got uglier...It did get brutal for a bit. A couple of Titan fans told everybody to shut the hell up about my eye patch...We don't do that here...Talk about the man's team, not about the man's eye...I high fived the guy...He said your team sucks, but you've been a good fan, you don't deserve that...Besides your friend might kill the guy, he is so big, and very pissed off.

We left the game with about 6-7 minutes to go, and went to a Pizza place Bubba knew of...Had some pizza and had some good laughs about whatever....Since Bubba was driving, I fell asleep on the 3 hour drive back...

I had on one of Charger jerseys and had cut the sleeves off for the hot weather...And of course I had on my favorite Charger hat....I had brought a hat for Bubba to wear too, but he wouldn't wear it at first...After the beating I was taking from the Titan fans, Bubba went to the car at halftime and came back to our seats with the hat on....As I have told you guys, Bubba is my very good friend, and saving his dog's life has made me special to him...I sure wouldn't want to be on the bad side of Bubba.

Guys, I hope the Chargers have a good season...It was really great seeing them again in person. It was like seeing an old girlfriend that you haven't seen in a very long time, and you still love her...You know what I mean.
Great write up GT, very interesting !

Just Kidding - tl;dr

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 08-14-2016, 08:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Thanks GT! Good write up. Run defense is horrid as you say. Titans are loaded at RB. All 3 of their guys are better than what we have
Old 08-14-2016, 08:35 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SOON.

Sooner than you thought.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
My observations of my Nashville trip to watch the Chargers play the Titans...

Old 08-14-2016, 09:19 AM

Old 08-14-2016, 02:25 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Thanks GT.
Your observations match ours. In fact, I think I can still smell the odor.

I can't, put too much into a preseason game though. Our starters looked decent IMO.
The only issue is the depth. I hope that wasn't a strong indicator of how shallow it is.

BTW: what kind of pizza? Bubba must of been hungry if his gander was up.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Closed Thread