Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2017, 02:59 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daygoboy6191 View Post
Then you might as well trade Rivers now.

If you want to look to the future, and not win now then go get as much as you can for Rivers while you can.

Because by going out to and getting a QB with the first round pick you are telling Rivers, and fans we aren't looking to win now.

I'm not saying I wouldn't go get a QB with a our #7 pick if ones worth the pick, but I'm not keeping Rivers here because you basically said we are looking towards the future.
Using one pick isn't exactly throwing in the towel.
Rivers probably won't bring back much in a trade. I think keeping Rivers and letting him mentor the young QB, while still providing a glimpse of hope for the upcoming season, is more valuable than the return they'd receive in a trade. Sitting behind a guy like Rivers would go a long ways in developing a QB that will have very limited experience playing under center and reading defenses.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
Using one pick isn't exactly throwing in the towel.
Rivers probably won't bring back much in a trade. I think keeping Rivers and letting him mentor the young QB, while still providing a glimpse of hope for the upcoming season, is more valuable than the return they'd receive in a trade. Sitting behind a guy like Rivers would go a long ways in developing a QB that have very limited experience playing under center and reading defenses.
I like it.....

Trubisky at 7th pick.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-15-2017, 06:00 PM
more mojo please

I like it too!

Pat mahomes at 38....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 of 500
SD Native, LA Charger Loyalist

007. Malik Hooker FS Ohio St.
038, Malik McDowell DL Michigan St.
071. Antonio Garcia OT Troy
113. Buckey Hodges TE Virginia Tech
151. Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
190. Corey Levin OG Chattanooga
225. Samson Ebukam DE Eastern Washington
Old 03-15-2017, 06:27 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Oh, I am not interested in taking Trubisky @ 7th.....but if I had to take a QB there, he would be the one.

I like Williams @ 7th pick.....or any number of defence prospects.....TT can't go wrong, unless he listens to some nut and takes Cam.
FYI - David Jeremiah has the Bolts taking Watson as the first QB picked in this draft.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If we can trade down a bit;
1. Cam Robinson OT, Alabama
2.Dan Freeney OG, Ind
3. Marcus Williams FS, Utah
3A. Kevin King, CB, Wash
4. Wayne Gallman RB, Clemson
5. Dawuane Smoot DE, IL
6.Jeremy Sprinkle TE, Ark
7. Josh Malone WR, Tenn
Old 03-15-2017, 06:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
I like it too!

Pat mahomes at 38....
I'd prefer Mahomes at 38 too, if they are going QB early. He has a great ability to buy time to extend the play, and has a cannon for an arm.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Chargers should be shopping PR to the Texans, 49ers, or anyone not named the Broncos. Texans will be looking to save face and will overpay. Us on the other hand are in a good position snag a QB. We'd open up a ton of cap room as well in addition to getting a high pick for PR. Crazy yes, but as mentioned he has led the league in TOs 2 out of the last 3 years, single handedly blew over 3 games last year, and when was the last time with 2 min and 3 timeouts he put in a come back for us.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
Chargers should be shopping PR to the Texans, 49ers, or anyone not named the Broncos. Texans will be looking to save face and will overpay. Us on the other hand are in a good position snag a QB. We'd open up a ton of cap room as well in addition to getting a high pickfor PR. Crazy yes, but as mentioned he has led the league in TOs 2 out of the last 3 years, single handedly blew over 3 games last year, and when was the last time with 2 min and 3 timeouts he put in a come back for us.
What kind up pick are you expecting? I wouldn't expect a first rounder for him.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:34 PM
more mojo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
Chargers should be shopping PR to the Texans, 49ers, or anyone not named the Broncos. Texans will be looking to save face and will overpay. Us on the other hand are in a good position snag a QB. We'd open up a ton of cap room as well in addition to getting a high pick for PR. Crazy yes, but as mentioned he has led the league in TOs 2 out of the last 3 years, single handedly blew over 3 games last year, and when was the last time with 2 min and 3 timeouts he put in a come back for us.
Texans make the most sense.
Rivers would have a realistic chance at a championship with that defense welcoming JJ watt back

1 of 500
SD Native, LA Charger Loyalist

007. Malik Hooker FS Ohio St.
038, Malik McDowell DL Michigan St.
071. Antonio Garcia OT Troy
113. Buckey Hodges TE Virginia Tech
151. Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
190. Corey Levin OG Chattanooga
225. Samson Ebukam DE Eastern Washington
Old 03-15-2017, 08:46 PM
Hall of Famer

A 2nd? 1st, who knows. Id say draft the QB you want at 7, then call PR and the Texans and make it happen. Lets be honest the Texans were neck and neck with the Pats until half time! it was 17-13 Pats until BROCK happened.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:00 PM
LAme

As usual, these draft analysts are forced to "create change" in their big board to come up with a "new" mock draft scenario.

DJ is just being contrarian for the sake of clicks. I don't think he actually believes the Chargers would or should go QB at 7.

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge