Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2017, 09:11 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
A 2nd? 1st, who knows. Id say draft the QB you want at 7, then call PR and the Texans and make it happen. Lets be honest the Texans were neck and neck with the Pats until half time! it was 17-13 Pats until BROCK happened.
I think he's being a bit over valued here. Let's call it what it is, he's been a turnover machine that is on his last leg and comes with a $20+ million cap hit.

I don't think they will be able to bait a team into giving up a second rounder for him with options like Romo, Cousins, and Garropolo on the market.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:20 PM
LAme

You guys are insane.

Do you know that PR has the worst OL in the league and he lost it starting WRs for the whole year?

Also, PR threw 15 Ints to Williams which was tied for the most of any QB-WR combo. Many of those were William's fault. If not for those, PR's QBR would have been 20 points higher.

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Old 03-15-2017, 09:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
FYI - David Jeremiah has the Bolts taking Watson as the first QB picked in this draft.
Bolts have a franchise QB....hence they do not need a QB.

I like Trubisky, but I am trolling you all when I say the Bolts should take him.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
You guys are insane.

Do you know that PR has the worst OL in the league and he lost it starting WRs for the whole year?

Also, PR threw 15 Ints to Williams which was tied for the most of any QB-WR combo. Many of those were William's fault. If not for those, PR's QBR would have been 20 points higher.
Im just trying to think outside the box here and entertain you all and myself until the draft. If we really traded him, then i hope we get a first for him and find a solid rookie to fill his shoes. If he stays, then I hope our Oline improves and our first three picks are day 1 starters.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
I don't think they will be able to bait a team into giving up a second rounder for him with options like Romo, Cousins, and Garropolo on the market.
Id argue that Rivers > Romo (who is one hit away from retirement), Cousins(maybe the best of the 3 and has fresh legs), Garropolo(system QB, well coached, unproven)
Old 03-15-2017, 09:35 PM
LAme

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
Im just trying to think outside the box here and entertain you all and myself until the draft. If we really traded him, then i hope we get a first for him and find a solid rookie to fill his shoes. If he stays, then I hope our Oline improves and our first three picks are day 1 starters.
Ah ok I misunderstood. Yes, hypothetically if he is traded it should be for a lot... at least a 1st round pick.

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Old 03-15-2017, 09:56 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
You guys are insane.
Rivers will be 36 this season playing on a team with holes all across the depth chart. It's not like this team is a piece or two away from a ring. I don't think it is crazy to consider finding a QB he can groom for a year or two or three.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:
As usual, these draft analysts are forced to "create change" in their big board to come up with a "new" mock draft scenario.

DJ is just being contrarian for the sake of clicks. I don't think he actually believes the Chargers would or should go QB at 7.
I agree 100%.
Mock #1
RD. 1- Malik Hooker-Ohio St (FS)
RD. 2- Joe Mixon-Oklahoma (RB) [TradeDown]
RD. 3- Juju Smith Schuster-USC (WR)
RD. 4- Jourdan Lewis-Michigan (CB)
RD. 4- Josh Dobbs-Tennesse (QB)
RD. 5- Zach Banner-USC (G)
RD. 6- Matt Milano-Boston College (Edge)
RD. 7- Colin Buchanon (OT)
Old 03-15-2017, 11:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
Using one pick isn't exactly throwing in the towel.
Rivers probably won't bring back much in a trade. I think keeping Rivers and letting him mentor the young QB, while still providing a glimpse of hope for the upcoming season, is more valuable than the return they'd receive in a trade. Sitting behind a guy like Rivers would go a long ways in developing a QB that will have very limited experience playing under center and reading defenses.
It is when you are using the 7th overall pick in the draft, and there's plenty of other holes to fill on this team.

Just curious how long you plan on keeping Rivers here? 3 more years while your QB is learning behind him?

By that time he will have 1 more year under his rookie deal, and an extra if you pickup his 5th year option which is a huge jump in the cap.

Teams who are able to build and develop their team are teams who are able to utilize the rookie contract, and under this situation how much of it are you going to actually utilize?

Old 03-15-2017, 11:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daygoboy6191 View Post
It is when you are using the 7th overall pick in the draft, and there's plenty of other holes to fill on this team.

Just curious how long you plan on keeping Rivers here? 3 more years while your QB is learning behind him?

By that time he will have 1 more year under his rookie deal, and an extra if you pickup his 5th year option which is a huge jump in the cap.

Teams who are able to build and develop their team are teams who are able to utilize the rookie contract, and under this situation how much of it are you going to actually utilize?
Solid point....like the raidars hit gold on Carr, or Dak in dallas. (who i actually think is highly overrated), but both playing for a lot less than someone not on a rookie contract!!!