Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Friar Talk > Friars General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2016, 05:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Preller and the double entry bookkeeping on meds

A.J. Preller suspended for 30 days without pay, because the Padres maintained one "industrial use" file for players' medical records, and one "private file" for each player. The idea was to get an edge, player-trading wise

Good Heavens! Have people learned nothing from the Nixon era? The Clinton era? Preller really needs to go.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:36 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

So basically they were hiding injuries?
Old 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
So basically they were hiding injuries?
That's the size of it. We dealt one pitcher to Miami, he blew out his arm in his first appearance, and Miami made us take him back. As Nixon discovered, it's not the burglary, it's the cover-up that will get you. Same here: cover-up.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:45 PM
All-Pro

While I don't condone what Preller did, it should not have been done it looks like the response from the media, other FOs and fans has been exagerated, other trades have not been called upon, the biggest complain come from Boston, but let's be fair,we knew that Pomeranz while a pleasent surprise was not a long term pitcher in the season, he was nearing his inings limits and he was very improved due to probably the PETCO factor and Balsley also, but when he was traded some of us comented about the Red Sox, are they crazy? are they dumb? are they stupid? To trade for Drew when you are poised for a postseason run was questionable and not the Padres fault, as for Rea no harm, no foul since the trade with the Marlins was undone once the news of his injury was known, but I believe that what angered me the most is the fact that watching a Cheatriots game and how everybody was saying how a great organization they are, how Bellicheat is the greatest HC ever and HOFbound and Tom Brady the greatest QB going into the HOF and I thought Are these the guys that are crying foul? What hipocrysi! From all, the fans, the FOs and the media.

Preller better run a cleaner ship from now on, but like I posted before were there problems with the Kimbrel trade? Rodney's? MUpton? Kemp's? Shields? The comissioner considers the matter closed and has set the penalty, and looking at it makes me wonder Are there more cases out there? It apears that he did not want to open a can of worms; nest season will tell the tale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.