Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2017, 09:32 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
There is a pretty well written article on the Habs on NHL.com, and what playing for the Club means. Three angles in it: Head Coach, Team Captain, and the Goalie.....pretty interesting read. I have tried a few times to get understood what it is to play for club that expects excellence in everything, but most on here seem to not understand my view, but it is what the Bolts need to create if possible.
The Canadiens are the NHL's top all-time elite franchise that has won the most championships. As such, a commitment to excellence and winning is expected.

As is mentioned in another post, teams like the Yankees, Lakers, Celtics, Cardinals, Packers, and Patriots manifest the same mindset.

Those of us who are fans of one of those teams (I am a Yankees fan since childhood) fully grasp and comprehend that focus on championships and winning.

The Chargers have not had such a mindset or ownership, and it has shown with numerous poor business decisions, on and off the field, through the years. I seriously doubt that will change, as long as the Spanos family owns this team. That type of mentality starts at the top, with ownership.

Last edited by JimWest; 03-14-2017 at 09:46 PM..
Old 03-14-2017, 09:34 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
That would be 24 years for those of you counting at home.
Does not matter how long the Canadiens have gone without a Stanley Cup championship. They have won the most Cups, and are far and away the leader in titles for the NHL. A great and legendary franchise.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Does not matter how long the Canadiens have gone without a Stanley Cup championship. They have won the most Cups, and are far and away the leader in titles for the NHL. A great and legendary franchise.
It is difficult for Freak to understand this long term excellence.....he is a fan of the Pens.....so 'new money' type.

GO BOLTS !