Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Former USC Standout Joe Mcknight passes away at 28

A former prep star at John Curtis High School in River Ridge, La., McKnight was ranked as the No. 1 overall recruit in the nation according to the 247Sports ComposHe went on to attend USC, where he spent three seasons, amassing 347 carries for 2,213 yards and 13 touchdowns along with 66 receptions for 542 yards and two scores. He was selected by the New York Jets in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. McKnight played three seasons with the Jets and appeared in two games with the Chiefs in 2014, his last NFL season. In his career he caught two touchdowns and averaged 4.5 yards a carry, but was most known for his ability on special teams, returning two kickoffs for touchdowns and averaging 28.7 yards per return.
Quote:
A witness, who declined to give her name, said she was leaving a store in the area when she saw a man at the intersection yelling at another man, who was trying to apologize. The man who was yelling shot the other man more than once, she said.
She said the shooter shot the man, stood over him and said "I told you don't you **** with me." Then he fired again, she said.

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Bo...ting-49457742/

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma

Last edited by chargertom; 12-01-2016 at 05:09 PM..
Old 12-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post
A witness, who declined to give her name, said she was leaving a store in the area when she saw a man at the intersection yelling at another man, who was trying to apologize. The man who was yelling shot the other man more than once, she said.

She said the shooter shot the man, stood over him and said "I told you don't you **** with me." Then he fired again, she said.

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Bo...ting-49457742/
Man, that is ugly!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
I want this woman in jail. Investigators say they retrieved the shell casings from inside Ronald Gasser's car, showing that he fired from inside his vehicle. They also say McKnight was in close proximity to the vehicle when he was shot.

Louisiana also has a "Kill The Carjacker" law in place, an extension of the Stand Your Ground law, which makes it legal to defend yourself from inside your vehicle.

Much more to this story than what was originally reported, but the female "witness" needs to be charged and jailed.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 12-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I want this woman in jail. Investigators say they retrieved the shell casings from inside Ronald Gasser's car, showing that he fired from inside his vehicle. They also say McKnight was in close proximity to the vehicle when he was shot.

Louisiana also has a "Kill The Carjacker" law in place, an extension of the Stand Your Ground law, which makes it legal to defend yourself from inside your vehicle.

Much more to this story than what was originally reported, but the female "witness" needs to be charged and jailed.
Anybody who blatantly lies needs to be punished, but the shooter was in fear that the unarmed McKnight was going to carjack his much less expensive car after abandoning his much more expensive car? Could be possible, but unlikely IMO.

We shall see.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:50 PM

Doesn't mean he thought he was going to be carjacked. It means he thought he was in danger of being killed, and defended himself.

Lots more to the story. Too bad McKnight isn't around to tell his version, and the "witness" lied through her teeth.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Doesn't mean he thought he was going to be carjacked. It means he thought he was in danger of being killed, and defended himself.

Lots more to the story. Too bad McKnight isn't around to tell his version, and the "witness" lied through her teeth.
That's what gets me about those laws:

Get out of your car unarmed and get in a yelling match, and you can legally be shot dead in your tracks with 3 shots from the shooter's driver's seat.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
That's what gets me about those laws:

Get out of your car unarmed and get in a yelling match, and you can legally be shot dead in your tracks with 3 shots from the shooter's driver's seat.
Most places they are reactions to the issue of car jackings. SLC did the same thing when the gangs started doing a lot of car jackings. Beating people, killing people, etc, just for a car.

As to the bolded, stay in your car and call 911. Road rage is a stupid way to die.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Most places they are reactions to the issue of car jackings. SLC did the same thing when the gangs started doing a lot of car jackings. Beating people, killing people, etc, just for a car.

As to the bolded, stay in your car and call 911. Road rage is a stupid way to die.
Oh, believe me that's the way I always react. I am just speaking about the "legalese" part of the law.

Regardless of what happened, it's still a damned shame. Even if McKnight was figuratively getting in the guy's face, IMO he didn't deserve to get shot dead unless he was brandishing a weapon or physically trying to access the shooter's car which (could have happened).

We shall see what happens.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Regardless of what happened, it's still a damned shame.
Absolutely agree.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:49 AM
Power of 51

I prefer to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Lock and load baby.