Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
As one of my last thread, i would like to invite you guys to post some of your favorite moments of being a San Diego Chargers fan.
Are you really leaving Goo ?

If so I want to thank you for your years of contributions.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Rookie

In recent years. 2014 against the Patriots.

We got a email asking season ticket holders if they would like to hold the flag for the national anthem. I quickly replied and was picked to participate.

This doesn't pertain just to the Chargers, but also the Patriots. I got to stand behind THE Tom Brady. Say what you want about him and his team. But you have to respect greatness. I was LITERALLY standing 4 feet behind him on the field. As he was warming up as the Chargers were introduced on the opposite side of the field. I was in awe.

Holding our country's flag on prime time is something that I will never ever forget. As we were walking off the field a minute before kickoff was a incredible feeling. One that I've never felt before and never will again. Sitting in the stands is one thing, but when you're walking off the field as the crowd is on their feet getting hyped up for the Sunday night kickoff is something else. We may have lost that game,but I will take that memory with me to the grave.

Last edited by LT21TD; 01-12-2017 at 10:21 AM..
Old 01-12-2017, 10:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Too many to list.
Bambi, the most graceful receiver I've ever seen.
Dickie Post--woodhead and sproles before they were ever imagined.
Paul Lowe, John Hadl, Gary "the Ghost" Garrison, Ernie Ladd, Sid Gillman......

I'll never forget the game against the Steelers in 79 (Coryell's first full season). The Steelers ruled football at the time and the Chargers just smoked them 35-7 at home. It felt like we were the best team in football legit for the first time in a long time.
AFCCG against the raiders at home, LT record and 2006 Pats and 2007 Colts games stand out.
The old Stadium club, the feel of game day, walking through the lot, seeing the field, watching the warm-ups. It's a lot.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:17 AM

Tony Martin long bomb TD to put the Chargers ahead of Pittsburgh and on our way to the SuperBowl. Never a better TD in the history of the team.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Watching Sproles 2008 playoff winning walk-off touchdown against the Colts in overtime. Such a great moment in the stadium.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:21 AM
波動拳 Hadōken

LT with game winning TD in OT against the Raiders and SM sacking Manning and doing to Lights Off Dance.

Arnold saying Go Chagas Go!!!
Old 01-12-2017, 10:32 AM
GO BOLTS!!!

In 1986, during the last Chargers game I saw in person before leaving for four years (military tour), Gary Anderson made a SPECTACULAR leaping TD in the front right corner of the end zone against the Dolphins.

Oh, let me add one. I guess this counts as a Chargers memory of sorts. While visiting Boston in 2008, I attended a Red Sox game wearing a Chargers shirt. While getting a beer, I'll never forget the native Bostonian server who saw the shirt, then (in a thick NE accent) went on to tell me about how much he respected Rivers for his toughness. Strange memory to stick out, but when an enemy fan (almost certainly a Pats fan) honestly expresses admiration for one of your team leaders, it makes an impression.

So many memories...these were just two quick ones. Obviously, Dennis Gibson knocking down O'Donnell's attempted pass to Barry Foster to secure the AFC title game was another one, but I had to watch it on TV.

Now...I guess memories is all we'll have.

Last edited by Chargers Fan; 01-12-2017 at 10:42 AM..
Old 01-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Veteran

I cant post attachments so yeah ummm.....
A fellow "Chargers fan" (drunk) in the parking lot leaving Qualcomm after we smashed the Ravens a few years ago.Nails me in the back with a football,than had the audacity to get in my face in front of my kid(her first game) when i didnt throw it back.It took every ounce of restraint i had not plow his face,but my kid ALWAYS comes first.She learned alot about her father that day.

Installing Satellite at Seaus "brothers" house walking down the hallway and seeing his face plastered everywhere,in awe and fanboyed immediately.I met his godkids later and bought girl scout cookies from them.They even gave me some prototype Hurley shirts which i still rock to this day.

Refusing a tip from a customer and convincing him instead of selling a Seau signed football,to donate it it to our local Chargers Bar so everyone could enjoy it.

L.T. manning up(no pun intended) and coming back home for Seaus Memorial

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:38 AM
Rookie

LT rushing for 217 against the Patriots with Tim Dwight leading the way.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:38 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers Fan View Post
In 1986, during the last Chargers game I saw in person before leaving for four years (military tour), Gary Anderson made a SPECTACULAR leaping TD in the front right corner of the end zone against the Dolphins.
that was such an exciting play. it felt like he was in the air forever
Closed Thread