Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2017, 07:44 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Houston is not far from San Antonio and the team has the perfect name to represent football fans not for the Cowboys.
Houston is 197 miles from SA. A distance greater than numerous other cities have between them. For perspective, Baltimore is 191 miles from NYC, but as far as NY metro residents are concerned, it may as well be in Mexico. So any teams there mean nothing here.

San Antonio is more than far enough away from both those Texas cities to justify a future NFL team there. It isn't a compromise of the Dallas and Houston markets, and is large enough to support more teams.

I'm fine with the Raiders going there; in fact, they can go anywhere, as long as it isn't San Diego. If SD cannot eventually get the Chargers back, I'd rather see the city get its own new expansion team.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:25 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Houston is 197 miles from SA. A distance greater than numerous other cities have between them. For perspective, Baltimore is 191 miles from NYC, but as far as NY metro residents are concerned, it may as well be in Mexico. So any teams there mean nothing here.

San Antonio is more than far enough away from both those Texas cities to justify a future NFL team there. It isn't a compromise of the Dallas and Houston markets, and is large enough to support more teams.

I'm fine with the Raiders going there; in fact, they can go anywhere, as long as it isn't San Diego. If SD cannot eventually get the Chargers back, I'd rather see the city get its own new expansion team.
Houston had a team before Jerrah as well. So I think they had a upperhand from the start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:50 AM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post

Fair points. But, 197 miles on the east coast is alot different than 197 miles in Texas. In Texas 197 miles is the guy/girl next door, not some other country. But yeah... 3 teams in Texas make more sense to me than 4 teams in California.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:53 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Fair points. But, 197 miles on the east coast is alot different than 197 miles in Texas. In Texas 197 miles is the guy/girl next door, not some other country. But yeah... 3 teams in Texas make more sense to me than 4 teams in California.
Your point about distance is also a fair one.

Since the east is more compressed and densely populated, 100 miles away seems far. I've traveled out west many times, and that distance can seem like a quick hop in the car out there.

BTW, I really love your avatar rocking the San Diego Chargers.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:11 PM
Veteran

Quote:
3 teams in Texas make more sense to me than 4 teams in California.
texas is a lot more committed to their football than california. they have high schools putting more money into stadiums than SD will put forth for the NFL.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:56 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
texas is a lot more committed to their football than california. they have high schools putting more money into stadiums than SD will put forth for the NFL.
LOL! Quoted for truth

Old 02-15-2017, 07:14 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
College and even HS football is quite popular in the Sun Belt. Lots of wide open spaces, lots of small towns.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:46 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Davis said he's still focused on moving to Vegas.

Jason Cole
Verified account

#NFL source said #Raiders exec Marc Badain told the league the team has two banks ready to loan money for the Las Vegas project.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-15-2017, 07:48 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Scott and BR will be looking for work...

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:05 PM
All-Pro

Arrow

All San Diegans if the Raiders move to San Diego who would you root for? LA Chargers or the home team of San Diego?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sa...ers-as-target/