Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2017, 02:52 PM
Forever San Diego

I can't believe they are talking about playing in Oakland for the 2 years before the stadium is built!? Talk about attendance issues!

Sam Boyd Stadium must be really bad if they can't play there...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
I can't believe they are talking about playing in Oakland for the 2 years before the stadium is built!? Talk about attendance issues!

It's bigger than stub hub
Old 01-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

New logo? Possibly.

Rebranding? Not a chance IMO. The Raiduhs brand defines the franchise ... for good and for bad, and for me it's the bad!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:26 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
New logo? Possibly.

Rebranding? Not a chance IMO. The Raiduhs brand defines the franchise ... for good and for bad, and for me it's the bad!!
they have had one of the steadiest uniforms since the late 70's. i doubt they would change anything. huge mistake if they did.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:32 AM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
It's bigger than stub hub
Exactly! Lol... I was stationed there at Nellis back in 2003 and Sam Boyd was a dump. It must be Q status now...

Old 01-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
they have had one of the steadiest uniforms since the late 70's. i doubt they would change anything. huge mistake if they did.
I agree it would be a big mistake, but I see it as at least being a possibility, albeit a remote one.

No chance that they change their name. It actually fits in well in Las Vegas.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:12 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Official filing and NFL statement...
Old 01-23-2017, 07:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post

Being a lame duck team playing in a city is a very bad idea, just ask the Houston Oilers. Their last season in Houston was not a good thing.

Don't know why the Raiders can't use Sam Boyd for the 2 years. It isn't great, but the majority of the fans who have attended an event there seem to feel it is passable. It has cheap bench seating, but it looks to be in decent shape.

It could get ugly in Oakland.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sam-boyd-st...t_by=date_desc
Old 01-23-2017, 07:10 PM
Rookie

I believe the Raiders will get the 24 votes. The NFL no longer seems skittish about having a team in LV.

Oakland has zero serious prospects for a new stadium for the Raiders, and as the Athletics also want a new baseball-only park, things look bleak.

I don't see any way both teams get what they want in Oakland. It's just too much money for two parks to get done.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Being a lame duck team playing in a city is a very bad idea, just ask the Houston Oilers. Their last season in Houston was not a good thing.

Don't know why the Raiders can't use Sam Boyd for the 2 years. It isn't great, but the majority of the fans who have attended an event there seem to feel it is passable. It has cheap bench seating, but it looks to be in decent shape.

It could get ugly in Oakland.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sam-boyd-st...t_by=date_desc
screw that! the raiders are finally good after many consecutive years of suckage. let the locals enjoy a couple of seasons instead of giving Vegas the prime years after all that fail.