Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2017, 12:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
How long til the non-prior season tix folks get a shot?
you get to pick your tickets up in April on Stubhub.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I wiling to bet that all the season tickets are sold out by current STH's by the end of the past/current STH's window time to purchase tix. Maybe they hold a few back for the new waiting list. Not that many tickets to start with. Plus, long time STH from 1978 saying a lot of high dollar seats were already sold when he logged on Wed morning.

STH since 94. I purchased my seats at 9am yesterday.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:03 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Our tour guide said there is one week of previous season ticket holders (Wed to Wed) and immediately after it will open up to the deposits in the same manner (Thurs to Thurs) based on who signed up first.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:38 PM
Rookie

I'm not able to make it for a tour and I pick Monday, so if anyone that did take the tour can help me out that'd be great. My old tickets were club level, home side, 1st row, around the 10 yard line. what seats would be comparable view and location-wise (i know price wise they're going to be alot more).
Old 02-24-2017, 06:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargergrl View Post
I'm not able to make it for a tour and I pick Monday, so if anyone that did take the tour can help me out that'd be great. My old tickets were club level, home side, 1st row, around the 10 yard line. what seats would be comparable view and location-wise (i know price wise they're going to be alot more).
I took the tour and pretty much all the tickets had good sight lines, even the end zone seats. Stubhub Center is a smaller stadium and more intimate than Qualcomm. The only difference is that the field area is more square than rectangular, so the seats along the sideline are about 20 yards from the actual field of play sidelines...think of the Dolphins stadium configuration.

Anything along the sidelines in the lower sections will have a great view of the game, the higher the better, and the upper decks are pretty good too.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Rookie

General observation: My seat selection window was Thursday at 11:00 am and by the time I logged in at the top of the hour, many seats along the sidelines were unavailable. I did notice that in all of the sections along the sideline, the first four rows (Row A-D) were unavailable...all the seats were unavailable, not the normal hodge podge, dot here, dot there grid of available seats in the higher rows. I thought that was strange that the first four rows were unavailable.

I guess, fortunately, those seats have the worst sight lines of the game being low and 20 yards away from the actual field. But that being said, the higher up seats were mostly gone by the time I picked...not all gone, mostly gone.

And prices are astronomical, up $1,500 from the $1,100 for my seats at Qualcomm. I wonder what season parking will be? Already got the "they're scarce" hard sell by our guest services rep.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLAXTC View Post
General observation: My seat selection window was Thursday at 11:00 am and by the time I logged in at the top of the hour, many seats along the sidelines were unavailable. I did notice that in all of the sections along the sideline, the first four rows (Row A-D) were unavailable...all the seats were unavailable, not the normal hodge podge, dot here, dot there grid of available seats in the higher rows. I thought that was strange that the first four rows were unavailable.

I guess, fortunately, those seats have the worst sight lines of the game being low and 20 yards away from the actual field. But that being said, the higher up seats were mostly gone by the time I picked...not all gone, mostly gone.

And prices are astronomical, up $1,500 from the $1,100 for my seats at Qualcomm. I wonder what season parking will be? Already got the "they're scarce" hard sell by our guest services rep.
I joked they will say, "It's an intimate tailgating experience. So $150 a game!"

Did you get any indication of the price?
Old 02-25-2017, 07:53 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

How is everyone ticket search going today on day 4? How bought out is the stadium?
Old 02-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
How is everyone ticket search going today on day 4? How bought out is the stadium?
i am sure it is getting more depressing each day. sure there are nice seats available, but at a price that will depress you. I ended up getting the $70 seats because the end zone seats right below it were nearly double the price ($135).

if you have to resell some of your tickets, it could be a blood bath if the chargers start off slow. i rarely ever sold tix for $200+, and those were for prime time games vs. big name marquee opponents. for a jaguars/chiefs/titans type of game, i was luck to get my money back on nice seats in the plaza section ($110). the cheapest sideline seat is $180, that is tough. i just couldn't pull the trigger with those prices, so my new seats are now worse than my seats at the Q.

However, the real judgement day is coming in 2 years, when we see the PSL prices and seat prices. that is why i did not want to lose money leading up to that moment.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Rookie

My mom has been a Chargers season ticket holder for 49 years. My dad bought these tickets the year San Diego Stadium opened. She didn't see the letter from the Chargers to get tickets at the StubHub Center until late Thursday afternoon and because she doesn't have a computer (she has always made her payments at the ticket office) she planned to go to the ticket office Friday morning. I went by Thursday night and saw the letter. I have a computer and told her to call and get her password in the morning and we can choose our seats online.
She called the ticket office Friday morning and told the ticket rep what she wanted to do and was told: "I'm sorry but you missed your window to purchase tickets for 2017."
When she told me I was shocked. So I called and was told the same thing. The tix rep I talked with said my mom could put a $100 deposit down and get tix when they go on sale to the public. I asked if she would lose her seniority and was told she would. I asked, "After 49 years of buyibg season tickets does that seem fair?" I was met with silence. Then the ticket rep took down he account info and told me after all the other season ticket holders had their opportunity she would see what could be done. I was able to leave a message with a ticket account manager. My thinking was that someone in the there would see the info or hear the voicemail and fix this for a loyal fan.
at 4pm Friday an asst manager from the season tickets account dept. called and told my mom there was nothing they could do.
Now before anybody start with the "she had her chance and missed it, too bad" comments, yes she did miss her chance. We know that. What is disappointing is that nobody in the Chargers organization would step in and say that after 49 years of loyalty this fan/customer deserves better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.