Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2017, 11:41 PM
tried leaving but can't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
In the virtual venue have you seen the bleachers they seem to have on the field for the virtual venue but not as a choice? That's going to be a rude surprise for people buying behind them.
TBH i didn't even bother looking at it. I thought about getting the cheap seats with the intentions of selling a few games to make up for the jack in prices/extra costs associated with the drive, but once I realized all ya old timers were gonna snatch em up I didn't even bother looking.

Doesn't surprise me though....If they are putting bleachers field level those are going to be awful seats. Joe Shmo isn't going to be able to see a thing over those mammoth lineman.

Last edited by Padres15; 02-25-2017 at 11:46 PM..
Old 02-25-2017, 11:58 PM
tried leaving but can't

Knowing that the majority of tickets sold will be sold to "old" fans, or season ticket holders, a large portion of which reside in San Diego, it doesn't seem to make sense to only save the obstructed view seats for single game tickets. When they get "new" fans going to the games they need to get them hooked. Make them come back and turn them into fans for life. Saving them the worst seats in the house doesn't seem like a great way to accomplish that. I don't think I ever would have became attached to the Chargers or went to another NFL game if I spent my first NFL game staring at a lineman's back, stuck watching the game off the video board.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:51 AM
Rookie

I think it's great that the longtime STH's responded and bought up the tickets. Tiresome to hear from the new LA Charger fans calling us horrible fans. Sucks they moved, but at the end of the day they are the CHARGERS. OUR team. Looking forward to the rare experience at StubHub and to 2019 when Kroenke World opens up. We will have THE STADIUM in the NFL.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANB82 View Post
I think it's great that the longtime STH's responded and bought up the tickets. Tiresome to hear from the new LA Charger fans calling us horrible fans. Sucks they moved, but at the end of the day they are the CHARGERS. OUR team. Looking forward to the rare experience at StubHub and to 2019 when Kroenke World opens up. We will have THE STADIUM in the NFL.

I won't be able to afford a PSL. So for us it's these next 2 years and we are done.

Did you hear if all the tickets have been sold?
Old 02-26-2017, 08:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChargerPower View Post

The part that's TOTALLY MISSING is there doesn't seem to be a heart or conscience in the management of the Los Angeles Chargers anymore and it seems to be coming from the top. It's like you want to burn the bridge to the city and fans that stuck with you all these years.

If you'd like to send me a PM I'd like to find out more. If your mom still wants to be a Chargers fan and go for 50 years I'm sure there's a way to get it done. I'm sure a local TV station or even a LA station would be interested in a story like this...
Hitting the nail on the head for the bolded part. Beyond wanting the Chargers to remain in San Diego, this is what I've had the most difficult time with in this move - Spanos really just about throwing dirt on SD.

In departing, he gave some trite lip service to the fans of 56 years, and only posted a lame letter on the team website. He has really been disrespectful to the SD fanbase imo. He has been stunningly quick to put forth an LA lovefest, while putting the San Diego legacy and years well behind him.

It is nice of you to try and help this situation, and it may work out. But the core problem will not be rectified - the callous disregard this franchise is showing towards those who pay their salaries and make them rich. Extremely disappointing to see.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:41 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I won't be able to afford a PSL. So for us it's these next 2 years and we are done.

Did you hear if all the tickets have been sold?

I think you will be able to buy a PSL for 1,000 to 2,000. SF let people finance it over a number of years. Of course the 1000 to 2000 would be upper level.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Catching up after a bit of an absence. Haven't been on since I took the Stubhub tour. That place is tiny. Kind of odd to me that the visitor side will have more seats than the home side but the suites are on the home side. Also, keep in mind that the soccer field is much wider than the football field will be so sideline seats are not gonna be that close to the sidelines. Not better than the Q when it comes to proximity on the sidelines and probably worse.

I heard a few San Diego residents say that they were only intending to come to a couple of games a season because the team is "not on the verge of a super bowl". They were going to buy season seats and then sell off certain games. Be interesting to see how that works out. all depends on W-L at the time. But for any of you frozen out of season tickets i imagine there will be single game seats available frequently from season ticket holders who just decide not to make the drive for certain games.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Power68 View Post
My mom has been a Chargers season ticket holder for 49 years. My dad bought these tickets the year San Diego Stadium opened. She didn't see the letter from the Chargers to get tickets at the StubHub Center until late Thursday afternoon and because she doesn't have a computer (she has always made her payments at the ticket office) she planned to go to the ticket office Friday morning. I went by Thursday night and saw the letter. I have a computer and told her to call and get her password in the morning and we can choose our seats online.
She called the ticket office Friday morning and told the ticket rep what she wanted to do and was told: "I'm sorry but you missed your window to purchase tickets for 2017."
When she told me I was shocked. So I called and was told the same thing. The tix rep I talked with said my mom could put a $100 deposit down and get tix when they go on sale to the public. I asked if she would lose her seniority and was told she would. I asked, "After 49 years of buyibg season tickets does that seem fair?" I was met with silence. Then the ticket rep took down he account info and told me after all the other season ticket holders had their opportunity she would see what could be done. I was able to leave a message with a ticket account manager. My thinking was that someone in the there would see the info or hear the voicemail and fix this for a loyal fan.
at 4pm Friday an asst manager from the season tickets account dept. called and told my mom there was nothing they could do.
Now before anybody start with the "she had her chance and missed it, too bad" comments, yes she did miss her chance. We know that. What is disappointing is that nobody in the Chargers organization would step in and say that after 49 years of loyalty this fan/customer deserves better.
sorry to hear this. they repeatedly said during the tour that if you miss your window you are outta luck. and if you were going to be out of town or without a computer to get someone to log in for you and buy. no forgiveness. iron fist ticket rules
Old 02-27-2017, 02:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChargerPower View Post
I sent a written request for ten seats instead of the 14 to 24 seats my business account has had over the years, pointed out that we've had them since 1978, and got a generic "Guest Services" reply, no name, no phone number, just that four is the max. Unless the "new" Chargers don't totally want to distance themselves from the multiple generation fans of old I bet I finally get a call about the time they are trying to fill up Luxury Suites and a 70,000 seat stadium.

you can count on this!!!!!
Old 02-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANB82 View Post
I think you will be able to buy a PSL for 1,000 to 2,000. SF let people finance it over a number of years. Of course the 1000 to 2000 would be upper level.
maybe but those will be the cheapest if there are any at that price. PSL's topped out at about $80k at Santa Clara.