Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
3-3 isn't hot. not even luke warm. it's room temp
Heck, the 4-12 LA Rams started out like that in 2016 (in fact, a 3-1 start).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
The typical San Diego Chargers fan thing to do would be to sell tickets to opposing fans. I was/am hoping with the move to LA there will be a fresh start in regards to that mind set. That is why I hope it is just an extreme minority.

I don't think a new fan base with limited prior ties is going to be more dedicated than the previous established fan base. I think the Raiders game is going to worse there then it was here. LA/IE is Raider nation and they'll be willing to spend big. SD Ticket holders will be faced with a day trip to LA or the opportunity to easily sell their tickets for double + what they paid for them. That's an easy call for the many brokers/fans still feeling out the LA move.

I've taken the trip up to the Rose Bowl on a weekend and it's taken 4 hours to get there. I think once SD tickets holders realize that it's not the advertised hour and 45 minute drive it'll make it a very easy decision to sell their tix for profit.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:56 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
I don't think a new fan base with limited prior ties is going to be more dedicated than the previous established fan base. I think the Raiders game is going to worse there then it was here. LA/IE is Raider nation and they'll be willing to spend big. SD Ticket holders will be faced with a day trip to LA or the opportunity to easily sell their tickets for double + what they paid for them. That's an easy call for the many brokers/fans still feeling out the LA move.

I've taken the trip up to the Rose Bowl on a weekend and it's taken 4 hours to get there. I think once SD tickets holders realize that it's not the advertised hour and 45 minute drive it'll make it a very easy decision to sell their tix for profit.
It took me an hour and 15 minutes to get there from oceanside on a Saturday, while raining. So unless it is Monday or Thursday I think it will be as advertised.

You can't get much worse than last season in Qualcomm in regards to the Raiders game. That game was unbelievable.

Here is to hoping the limited 2 year experience and a hot start keep fans from selling too manyoung tickets.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Rose Bowl is in Pasadena. Carson is a lot closer to SD. Plus, it's not a new fan base yet. Most of the tickets are being snapped up by existing season ticket holders.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
It took me an hour and 15 minutes to get there from oceanside on a Saturday, while raining. So unless it is Monday or Thursday I think it will be as advertised.

You can't get much worse than last season in Qualcomm in regards to the Raiders game. That game was unbelievable.

Here is to hoping the limited 2 year experience and a hot start keep fans from selling too manyoung tickets.
Not bad. The worst traffic for me from LA to Sd was in San Clemente and then Oceanside going down. Carlsbad is a nightmare. And I live in LA!!!
Old 02-28-2017, 04:20 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Rose Bowl is in Pasadena. Carson is a lot closer to SD. Plus, it's not a new fan base yet. Most of the tickets are being snapped up by existing season ticket holders.
It's like 15 miles closer. You'll have to sit in the same traffic through Carlsbad, Oceanside, San Clemente and the rest of the way up until you get real close. Who knows. It may not be an issue, I'm just going off my experience. Others have had other experiences so we'll see.

At stub hub yeah, but that won't be the case in Inglewood. It will probably consist of many new brokers and even fewer "old" fans that will be priced out.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
It's like 15 miles closer. You'll have to sit in the same traffic through Carlsbad, Oceanside, San Clemente and the rest of the way up until you get real close. Who knows. It may not be an issue, I'm just going off my experience. Others have had other experiences so we'll see.

At stub hub yeah, but that won't be the case in Inglewood. It will probably consist of many new brokers and even fewer "old" fans that will be priced out.
StubHub Center is about 25 miles closer than the Rose Bowl and has a car pool lane from South OC all the way up to the exit off the 405 in Carson.

Like pretty much most people have been saying, everything in Inglewood depends on how many W's they can rack up over the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
StubHub Center is about 25 miles closer than the Rose Bowl and has a car pool lane from South OC all the way up to the exit off the 405 in Carson.

Like pretty much most people have been saying, everything in Inglewood depends on how many W's they can rack up over the 2017 and 2018 seasons.
The Rose Bowl is a gorgeous place and great football stadium but it is a nightmare to get in and out of.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:23 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
The Rose Bowl is a gorgeous place and great football stadium but it is a nightmare to get in and out of.
Yes, it is a nightmare. A couple of miles off of the freeway(s) with the golf course / stadium surrounded by homes with largely residential roads that weren't designed for stadium flow.

Besides, the Rose Bowl pulled out of hosting an NFL team a long time ago. They also have a limit of 15 events per year, so the UCLA games and concerts pretty much fill up the schedule. There isn't room for 10 NFL games to be played there, and Chargers fans would not have come close to filling the massive stadium.

Quote:
While Monday night’s approval of the first-ever Arroyo Seco Music and Arts Festival was unanimous, a large portion of the discussion was taken up debating the question of exactly how many events should be held every year in the Rose Bowl.

An ordinance supporting the Festival’s authorization, which was approved that night by a 5-2 vote (with Mayor Terry Tornek and Councilmember Tyron Hampton voting against) increased the number of available Rose Bowl event dates — called “displacement events” — from 12 to 15.

Mandating an absolute limit on the number of annual events in the Rose Bowl is described by Councilmembers as setting a “hard cap.” Discussions on this topic dominated consideration of the ordinance in Monday night’s long meeting, which ran to just past midnight.

Despite this new, higher limit on the number of events in the approved ordinance, the City Council still has the power to approve additional Rose Bowl events at any time, depending on schedules and availability.

http://www.pasadenanow.com/main/how-.../#.WLYhO9LyuCg
Local residents will fight tooth and nail if they tried to bring in an NFL team, even if it's just for 2 years.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
There isn't room for 10 NFL games to be played there, and Chargers fans would not have come close to filling the massive stadium.
agree. at most half. same problem for coliseum unless a marquee opponent. Tiny as it is Stubhub makes some sense for the first 2 years